E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 01:24 AM   #21
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post
I have some features I would really like to see on my GM5150

1. When in radio mode to be able to view station by name rather than it's frequency.

2. When in radio mode the ability to have more stored stations.

3. When in iPod mode I don't think it shows album cover. (Not unless I didn't save it)

4. When in iPod take away the home button as there is one on the unit and replace with a up level button so you can go up a level.

5. When in iPod mode, if the album or track names are too long for the box they scroll slowly so you can see the full name.

6. Add a small clock in radio and iPod mode like on the home screen

7. When it turns on the unit starts playing music from my connected phone, I think it should go to the mode that was last used before switching off

8. The greyed out option in settings for the car data really would like to see this active.

9. More advanced equaliser settings, not really that essential for myself but guys with aftermarket speakers and subs may like the ability to fine tune.

10. More of a add on but would be cool if we could get dab (digital radio) perhaps a add on box via the tv port?

That's it for now, apart from that I am very pleased with the unit. It is value for money and can't see the need to purchase anything other than this unit as it is simply awesome.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Hi jaffaz32, thanks for your feedback and made so much suggestions. I will reflect it to P&P dept, and confirm whether we can make it in the future . And for the invalid options in settings, i have checked with R&D before, it will not be available in a short time. Thanks for understanding.

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #22
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.TRN E46// View Post
More background color options for the BMW ui. Other than red, yellow, and blue backgrounds, colors such as green, black, grey, and orange(amber) should be added as well. In addition closer to OEM amber color buttons would be nice.
Hi A.TRN E46, yes, Anjoz mentioned it also. It is a good idea, i already reflected this suggestion to R&D. Thanks

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Old 03-03-2014, 05:18 AM   #23
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faderinvader View Post
Great idea to start a feature request thread! Thanks.

1. Make steering wheel button able to activate home button on phone (This would be Siri on iPhone). That way, you can press a steering wheel button and state a command like "Call wife cell" and the call would connect without having to take your eyes off the road. The Pioneer X3500BT that I installed in my wife's car 2 years ago does this. PLEASE ADD!

2. Graphic EQ is needed. Very nice free algorithms are out there for your engineers to use. Please add this! The included EQ themes "presets" are terrible.

3. Highpass filter for main speakers and lowpass filter for sub with a crossover point. Carlos, you asked in the other thread what this means. A highpass filter allows you to set a threshold so that any frequencies below what you've selected are cut. This prevents the low frequencies from distorting the smaller speakers and allows for more intelligibility from the speakers. A low pass filter the similar to this, but allows the low frequencies to be isolated to the sub.

4. Please give us more colors/theme options. The current GUI with (mustard yellow, dingy red) looks cheap and generic in person. The blue is decent. Black and white would be pleasing. A matching OEM orange theme to match the LEDs would be nice. Maybe even a brushed aluminum, gunmetal, or carbon fiber theme would be good as well.

5. Need the ability for on-screen feedback when playing Bluetooth music from iPhone (artist, title, album, etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
How about compatibility with an aftermarket Sirius tuner? Such as SCC1?

That feature alone would give this unit an absolute advantage over Dynavin and any other aftermarket OE-fitting unit. Having this type of competitive advantage would sell a lot more units than worrying about song info in bluetooth mode or being able to turn off the day/date display.
Hi faderinvader and beasted86, thanks for your suggestions. Some of them have been suggested before but i have collected the other new suggestions. Thanks

Old 03-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #24
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Hi guys, welcome to post the suggestions for D5150/GM5150 here. I will collect it and report to our P&P and R&D, but i cannot sure all of them will be adopted, since some of them are personal likes or minor. But for some useful ideas and suggestions we will take it into consideration. Thanks for your understanding

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 03-03-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #25
CapBackfire

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
I've been using the GM5150 for about 2 months now and I have some suggestions.

1. As mentioned before general settings is labeled as "Genernal"

2. I have more than 6 radio stations I like to listen to, so it would be nice if I could cycle through FM1, 2,& 3 without having to hit "band"

3. As mentioned before the name of the current day overlaps onto the BMW logo on the home screen. I didn't notice it until I read this thread.

4. As mentioned before more colors than red, yellow and blue would be nice, but I think whichever color chosen should go onto the different "areas", like if I set blue as the home screen, then the radio screen, settings, DVD, miracast and all other screens should match.

5. Miracast does not work with my Moto X running android 4.4.2, but I read the team is working on it.

On a side note I keep getting an error message every morning. It goes away after a while, but it renders my screen unusable. The steering wheel controls still function. I cannot read it because it is not in English. I've uploaded it to imgur, so if someone could take a look that would be awesome.

http://imgur.com/KmG3xDM

I appreciate how you and Eonon is willing to work with your customers. Thank you!_nr_
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ians error message.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	548768  
CapBackfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:06 AM   #26
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBackfire View Post
I've been using the GM5150 for about 2 months now and I have some suggestions.

1. As mentioned before general settings is labeled as "Genernal"

2. I have more than 6 radio stations I like to listen to, so it would be nice if I could cycle through FM1, 2,& 3 without having to hit "band"

3. As mentioned before the name of the current day overlaps onto the BMW logo on the home screen. I didn't notice it until I read this thread.

4. As mentioned before more colors than red, yellow and blue would be nice, but I think whichever color chosen should go onto the different "areas", like if I set blue as the home screen, then the radio screen, settings, DVD, miracast and all other screens should match.

5. Miracast does not work with my Moto X running android 4.4.2, but I read the team is working on it.

On a side note I keep getting an error message every morning. It goes away after a while, but it renders my screen unusable. The steering wheel controls still function. I cannot read it because it is not in English. I've uploaded it to imgur, so if someone could take a look that would be awesome.

http://imgur.com/KmG3xDM

I appreciate how you and Eonon is willing to work with your customers. Thank you!_nr_
Hi CapBackfire
Thank you for your suggestions, I have collected your feedback 3 about the radio stations, since others has been mentioned before.

Meanwhile, for the general spelling error and also the "Launch exe" error, we have the software which can fix it for you. i will PM you the details and please kindly keep me informed there. Thanks

Old 03-06-2014, 03:50 AM   #27
Parvaz

My Ride: 2004 bmw 330 ci
Hi .. This is Parvaz . First I want to thank you eonon for such good customer service that you guys are providing to us..2- I ordered a gm5150 through group buy last night .. Wanted to know if these devises that we ordering now have some of old issues solved or that are the same..!?!? For example error on spelling still the same..!? Or over lapping date...!!!?
Parvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:37 AM   #28
jM2.me

My Ride: BMW
I like Eonon, but personally I wouldn't buy it just yet. I do like the factory unit look, which is a big big plus. The amount of accessories and supported features is great.

Here is what would make me buy Eonon device in no time.
Better hardware. For example, Sumsung SoC chips are fairly cheap (arguable), but their performance also speaks for it. HardKernel is selling ODroid devices based off Samsung SoC, and currently their ODroid-U3 is selling for 65. The same SoC can be found on Galaxy S3 phones. It's performance blows away any car entertainment system away.
Up to date display. 800x480 display with resistive (can't confirm since it doesn't say anywhere on a website, but doubt that it it capactive) touch panel would be considered amazing couple years back. I think it is simply outdated, and having updated display would give a better experience. Even 1280x800 ips panel with 5 point capacitive multi-touch would be considered a huge upgrade over current specs.
Software. This one is fairly simple, Android. It has a huge app market, it is updated frequently, and it is easy to modify the system for your own device.

The hardware and licensing software would cost the same, if not cheaper, but surely R&D would eat up a lot. Redesigning a device doesn't happen overnight, therefore, I do understand that final cost of the product would be higher. I am okay with that.

Volcano Red M3 Bumpers, Fenders, Quarter panels 19" 8.5ET35 225/35 | 9.5ET35 255/30 Custom Quad Exhaust Good old M54
jM2.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #29
faderinvader

My Ride: 325Ci vert
Hey Carlos! Why does each mode screen (iPod, Bluetooth, etc) have different themes? There are different fonts. Different graphics. Different volume bars. It looks like a different person designed the GUI for each. The colors are terrible. It's like you used pre made templates for all of these. The Bluetooth GUI looks like a template that came from cheap DVD authoring software from 10 years ago. Are you familiar with the term "tacky"? That's how it looks. Tacky.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #30
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Good thread.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:19 AM   #31
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parvaz View Post
Hi .. This is Parvaz . First I want to thank you eonon for such good customer service that you guys are providing to us..2- I ordered a gm5150 through group buy last night .. Wanted to know if these devises that we ordering now have some of old issues solved or that are the same..!?!? For example error on spelling still the same..!? Or over lapping date...!!!?
Hi Parvaz, thank you for your support. We always improve the software or hardware in different batch. Now the GM5150 out of the stock and will back to stock next week. The next batch will have the new software integrated.Could you kindly PM me the order number, i will check whether it sent out already or not. If it sent out, i will send you the software for update. Don't worry!

Old 03-07-2014, 04:27 AM   #32
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jM2.me View Post
I like Eonon, but personally I wouldn't buy it just yet. I do like the factory unit look, which is a big big plus. The amount of accessories and supported features is great.

Here is what would make me buy Eonon device in no time.
Better hardware. For example, Sumsung SoC chips are fairly cheap (arguable), but their performance also speaks for it. HardKernel is selling ODroid devices based off Samsung SoC, and currently their ODroid-U3 is selling for 65. The same SoC can be found on Galaxy S3 phones. It's performance blows away any car entertainment system away.
Up to date display. 800x480 display with resistive (can't confirm since it doesn't say anywhere on a website, but doubt that it it capactive) touch panel would be considered amazing couple years back. I think it is simply outdated, and having updated display would give a better experience. Even 1280x800 ips panel with 5 point capacitive multi-touch would be considered a huge upgrade over current specs.
Software. This one is fairly simple, Android. It has a huge app market, it is updated frequently, and it is easy to modify the system for your own device.

The hardware and licensing software would cost the same, if not cheaper, but surely R&D would eat up a lot. Redesigning a device doesn't happen overnight, therefore, I do understand that final cost of the product would be higher. I am okay with that.
Hi jM2.me, firstly, i would like to say thank you for reply here. I know we still have a lot of work to improve our product, but sometimes, get everything as good as we can will cause higher cost. You guys cannot get the unit in such a good price now. But the electronic products develop very fast. Yes, i am sure you will buy Eonon in the future.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:30 AM   #33
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faderinvader View Post
Hey Carlos! Why does each mode screen (iPod, Bluetooth, etc) have different themes? There are different fonts. Different graphics. Different volume bars. It looks like a different person designed the GUI for each. The colors are terrible. It's like you used pre made templates for all of these. The Bluetooth GUI looks like a template that came from cheap DVD authoring software from 10 years ago. Are you familiar with the term "tacky"? That's how it looks. Tacky.

Hi faderinvader, do you mean the BMW UI? Many customers like it except the color. Could you kindly PM me more details? So that i can pass it to our P&P and R&D then. Thanks

Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #34
Anjoz

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Good thread.
Thanks! Happy to help!
Anjoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #35
CapBackfire

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
I can't remember if it has been mentioned, but something I forgot to suggest is when i turn the screen off when driving at night and I want to change the volume the screen turns back on. Any way to make it not wake the screen up from changing the volume?
CapBackfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:42 AM   #36
Parvaz

My Ride: 2004 bmw 330 ci
Hi guys I just got my gm5150 and I installed it everything is workin just fine I hop I don't jinks it!! But all the issues that I was reading about it''in my device is working just fine even the time after the night was still correct the only thing I notic when I turn my dimmer all way down screen become so bright..! To be honest I don't really care I always leave my dimmer all the way up..! Wish you Guys best of luck....!!! Thanks to eonon...! Appreciated your work very much....!!!
Parvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #37
tnickols

My Ride: Mystic Blue 04 325ci
Quick question. I've read some problems about the iphone 5 with the gm5150 have these issues been fixed. Very interested in one but don't want to have issues with my phone.
tnickols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:18 AM   #38
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBackfire View Post
I can't remember if it has been mentioned, but something I forgot to suggest is when i turn the screen off when driving at night and I want to change the volume the screen turns back on. Any way to make it not wake the screen up from changing the volume?
Hi CapBackfire, thanks for reply here. yes. we have already received the suggestion. Thanks so much

Old 03-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #39
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parvaz View Post
Hi guys I just got my gm5150 and I installed it everything is workin just fine I hop I don't jinks it!! But all the issues that I was reading about it''in my device is working just fine even the time after the night was still correct the only thing I notic when I turn my dimmer all way down screen become so bright..! To be honest I don't really care I always leave my dimmer all the way up..! Wish you Guys best of luck....!!! Thanks to eonon...! Appreciated your work very much....!!!
Hi Parvaz, sorry that i am confused with your last question. Do you mean when you turn down the dimmer, the screen will become brighter? Or the dash light of your car will be brighter? Thanks

Old 03-24-2014, 01:21 AM   #40
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnickols View Post
Quick question. I've read some problems about the iphone 5 with the gm5150 have these issues been fixed. Very interested in one but don't want to have issues with my phone.
Hi tnickols, the screen mirroring of GM5150 can work with iPhone5 now. Don't worry!