E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom > Video & Internet Clips

Video & Internet Clips
Posts your videos and internet clips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
CJin2552

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
My First Attempts At Car VideoGraphy

1st Attempt:

2nd Attempt:

I had originally posted these in the Photography section, not realizing that "The Showroom" had an entire separate thread for videos. Oops.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:05 AM   #2
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Sick.
Let me know if you ever want to shoot another car haha.

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
CJin2552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan Hussein View Post
Sick.
Let me know if you ever want to shoot another car haha.
I'm glad you liked it, I definitely wouldn't mind taking some clips of your car for you, or possibly of the two together and making a longer video out of it. The only problem is that we'd probably have to travel. The only place that was nice and empty that I came across in Ballantyne was the MetLife buildings off of Ballantyne Commons. They are all brand new garages and have cool roads, but I am not sure if we would be allowed to film there, seems like they might would be uptight about it. I had filmed these two videos in the parking garage where the 7PM Downtown Euro Meet is.

If you have a place in mind, where people won't bother us, or us bother people, we can try and meet there sometime. I'll have to check out the place before we go, and try to blueprint it out to see what shots should be taken.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #4
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Yeah I gotcha. I know the places you mentioned, I'll have to keep an eye out for some good spots. I'm game whenever as long as my car is clean at the time.

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
CJin2552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan Hussein View Post
Yeah I gotcha. I know the places you mentioned, I'll have to keep an eye out for some good spots. I'm game whenever as long as my car is clean at the time.

Alright, definitely keep me updated if you see good spots.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-15-2014, 06:50 PM   #6
MoZee28

My Ride: BMW 320cd
What can I do with my 320cd

MoZee28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
brickhaus

My Ride: 328ci
I would recommend filming in an area with better light, during the day actually. I dont know what you are shooting with but your camera isnt good enough to capture at night like that and neither is my T3i, once you get into MK II and up is when those cameras can shoot at a low enough iso to capture footage while remaining quality. It was hard to tell what your angle was to these videos. Is it supposed to be a story of you driving around or showcasing your car? There werent enough shots of the car, just slight angles of it. The shots were to long, as in, 8 second clips arent the greatest if there is no real action to be displayed. Try focusing on the car as a whole and how to frame the car properly. Repeated clips are also annoying to watch, like the turning on of the headlights in two back to back clips in the first video.

Im not trying to be mean but more so give you constructive criticism to move you in the right direction. If you are serious about becoming better at videography I suggest going on youtube and watching a bunch of peoples car videos to give you a better idea and understanding of something that is visually appealing and enjoyable to watch.

I commend your efforts to try something new. Every master was once a beginner

Here is something I HIGHLY recommend if you want to continue in videography. This is from my friends website, its very cheap and very basic but the results are astounding.

Here is the link to his site and to the page of how to make one for yourself

DIY Camera Slider

The results:

Last edited by brickhaus; 04-16-2014 at 03:56 PM.
brickhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
CJin2552

I appreciate the reply. I was going more for a short video on the details of the car, the simple things that I see in it that I feel makes it sexy. I'll try some of your tips and I actually did want a roller, for smooth camera clips.

I had watched that film on Vimeo of the M3 "Snow White" and it's what made me want to try making a short video. I'll try shooting more in the day, but it's harder to find empty areas where people will leave you alone.

Any more advice you may recommend?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
brickhaus

My Ride: 328ci
Practice and take lots of footage