E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #41
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephira View Post
HI everyone (c:
Very excited for this deal and it has turned up at exactly the right time for me! I have a couple of questions (excuse me if they are a bit noob).

1) I am also upgrading my speakers and thinking about an amp, would it just be a matter of taking the, say, front speakers outs and running this to the amp then the amp back to the speakers?
Look at this DIY that may help you with your upgrade: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=245914

Quote:
2) Does the Western Europe map come with Hungary?
I'm of no help here, maybe someone else can help you out

Quote:
3) Can you also control the track skip function from the steering wheel?
Yes, you can control the track forward or backward with your steering wheel controls, even when I'm using Pandora thru my phone via Bluetooth I can use steering controls to skip forward to next song.

I have not been able to program the steering controls with other functions, like to answer the phone with the talk button or to hang up with the R/T. Has someone been able to do this? Eonon can you be of help? When I'm in the Steering program menu, it does not let me program any button at all, when I press desire button on steering wheel it will do its default function but not program at all.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #42
SzarY

My Ride: e46
Hey guys! I got one question.
What benefits in connect the GM5150 with internet by modem 3g?
SzarY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #43
891CARLOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SzarY View Post
Hey guys! I got one question.
What benefits in connect the GM5150 with internet by modem 3g?
None! I believe that is not even possible. GM5150 UI was not design with "apps" to be used with internet. All you can do is 1)use bluetooth and use your phones internet to access Pandora, Youtube or other apps that you'll want sound transmitted to the unit. 2) use Miracast, to mirror your phone screen and use your data internet plan to see/hear any app on the unit.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #44
hayman2k7

My Ride: E46 330 Clubsport
Hi, I'm from UK can I join the group buy? How much extra is UK post?
Thanks
hayman2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #45
SzarY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 891CARLOS View Post
None! I believe that is not even possible. GM5150 UI was not design with "apps" to be used with internet. All you can do is 1)use bluetooth and use your phones internet to access Pandora, Youtube or other apps that you'll want sound transmitted to the unit. 2) use Miracast, to mirror your phone screen and use your data internet plan to see/hear any app on the unit.
I just discovered that my phone can be use like the modem 3g, but now I see its useless with the unit.. so what for is the connector to 3g in the unit?
Old 03-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #46
891CARLOS

Quote:
I just discovered that my phone can be use like the modem 3g, but now I see its useless with the unit..
I think you mean that you can use your phone as a hotspot?? Anyhow, unit was not design to recognize a wifi signal and use it as an android unit would. D5150/GM5150 cannot connect to internet, period. Maybe this is something else Eonon could update in the future??

Quote:
so what for is the connector to 3g in the unit?
don't know what you mean here but if you are referring to the wifi antenna in the unit, it is used to connect your phone,tablet or device that supports Miracast and DLNA function, that is the only thing that the wifi antenna was design to do!

Still you got to agree that for the price and features, this is a good unit! at least in my opinion. It does need more updates, so keep those inputs coming and hopefully Eonon can step up! I'm still waiting to see if they can provide more UI colors to choose from other than the Red, Yellow and Blue. Hopefully a carbon fiber white or black.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #47
Professor X

My Ride: 1992 eg2
Just ordered mine from the link. Cant wait until I receive GM5150. Can you provide me with a tracking or shipping details once its shipped?

Last edited by Professor X; 03-26-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Professor X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #48
SzarY

Quote:
I think you mean that you can use your phone as a hotspot?? Anyhow, unit was not design to recognize a wifi signal and use it as an android unit would. D5150/GM5150 cannot connect to internet, period. Maybe this is something else Eonon could update in the future??

don't know what you mean here but if you are referring to the wifi antenna in the unit, it is used to connect your phone,tablet or device that supports Miracast and DLNA function, that is the only thing that the wifi antenna was design to do!

Still you got to agree that for the price and features, this is a good unit! at least in my opinion. It does need more updates, so keep those inputs coming and hopefully Eonon can step up! I'm still waiting to see if they can provide more UI colors to choose from other than the Red, Yellow and Blue. Hopefully a carbon fiber white or black.
Not exactly. The phone can be use like hotspot, but theres a option to share the internet by usb. By the connector I mean that the unit has in back usb cable for connect wifi/3g (optional). By the way I have GM5150 from 3 mounths and Im very happy with it, definetly worth the money. Just when i recognise that my phone can share with internet I thought it can be use with unit.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #49
891CARLOS

Quote:
Not exactly. The phone can be use like hotspot, but theres a option to share the internet by usb. By the connector I mean that the unit has in back usb cable for connect wifi/3g (optional). By the way I have GM5150 from 3 mounths and Im very happy with it, definetly worth the money. Just when i recognise that my phone can share with internet I thought it can be use with unit.
Oh OK, now I get what your saying! Sad to say but that USB wifi cable is actually useless when it comes to connecting the unit to the internet. I do not see a browser or a similar app/function in the unit to be usable with internet. I don't even know why such cable is supplied, I just tape it and left it alone.

Read this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=990340 someone asked Eonon regarding this cable and they replied on post #18.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #50
Sephira

My Ride: 330ci
All ordered here: 140300048897entg (c:
Sephira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #51
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Just got my D5150 today!

Surprisingly low FedEx customs charges @ $30
Hi ac_2007,sorry about the tax and thanks for understanding!
Meanwhile, welcome to share with us more of your nice installation pics on our facebook or pic/vid channel like many other fans do:
http://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official
http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx
Thanks

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 AM   #52
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Matt
Hi Matt, for your this question, we have no map card for your country. However you can purchase it locally. Eonon GM5150/D5150 also can work with other map card, such as Kudos, IGO, Polnav and Sygic, only it can work with Windows CE6.0. Thanks

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Old 03-27-2014, 06:23 AM   #53
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Matt
Hi Matt, for your this question, we have no map card for your country. However you can purchase it locally. Eonon GM5150/D5150 also can work with other map card, such as Kudos, IGO, Polnav and Sygic, only it can work with Windows CE6.0. Thanks

Old 03-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #54
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Yes, you can control the track forward or backward with your steering wheel controls, even when I'm using Pandora thru my phone via Bluetooth I can use steering controls to skip forward to next song.

I have not been able to program the steering controls with other functions, like to answer the phone with the talk button or to hang up with the R/T. Has someone been able to do this? Eonon can you be of help? When I'm in the Steering program menu, it does not let me program any button at all, when I press desire button on steering wheel it will do its default function but not program at all.
Hi 891CARLOS, for the steering wheel control, i will check with the tech and PM you back later, Thank you

Old 03-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #55
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
I just discovered that my phone can be use like the modem 3g, but now I see its useless with the unit.. so what for is the connector to 3g in the unit?
Hi SzarY, the rear USB cable is for upgrade but not 3G. Thanks for your understanding.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:32 AM   #56
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
Just ordered mine from the link. Cant wait until I receive GM5150. Can you provide me with a tracking or shipping details once its shipped?
Hi Professor X, could you kindly PM me the order number, i will check the order status for you then. Thank you

Old 03-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #57
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
All ordered here: 140300048897entg (c:
Hi Sephira, yes, we have got your order and payment, we will arrange the shipment for you as soon as possible tomorrow. Thank you

Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #58
hayman2k7

My Ride: E46 330 Clubsport
EONON -I'm from UK Can I join the group buy? If so how much for the GM5150 with uk map and delivery? Thanks
hayman2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #59
Sephira

My Ride: 330ci
Can I plug new speakers in to this unit without changing existing cables?

Also what ohm does the unit output? (not sure if thats a silly question?)
Sephira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #60
891CARLOS

Quote:
Can I plug new speakers in to this unit without changing existing cables?
Maybe you can elaborate more, what is it that you are trying to accomplish and what kind of speakers? coaxial, component, subs(some call them speakers)? are you upgrading your interior speakers? that would be just as simple as swapping old vs. new, or are you adding more speakers?

Quote:
Also what ohm does the unit output? (not sure if thats a silly question?)
I don't think you should encounter a problem with coaxial speakers and how many ohms this unit puts out. If you haven't notice almost all in-dash stereo companies don't mention ohms in their units specs.

If you are going for component or subs, than you have to worry about ohms and how to wire your speakers with the use of an amp/s. Again, we need to know what speakers you are referring to and what is your goal.