E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #81
turbotalon1g

My Ride: '02 330i
Do sound improvements, put improvements in my unit, I'm in no rush at all.
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #82
X-310-e46-X

My Ride: e46
No money till the 1st.. how much will the 5150 be as of may 1st?
Old 04-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #83
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Do sound improvements, put improvements in my unit, I'm in no rush at all.
Hi turbotalon1g, thank for your feedback! But it's for the furure new units, and it's not even determined currently. But will update you guys if there's any news, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-310-e46-X View Post
No money till the 1st.. how much will the 5150 be as of may 1st?
Hi X-310-e46-X, for your special case, you can place the GB order on our website firstly before Apr. 24, but without payment. And then pay for it on May 1. You can tell me your order No.once you have placed, I'll keep an eye on your case, thanks!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:18 AM   #84
turbotalon1g

No problem, got my tracking info this am. Within 8 hrs!
(I was sleeping so might of been sooner)
Old 04-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #85
X-310-e46-X

My Ride: e46
I have been looking around and I will definitely be going with the d 5150... the $900 dallor units are nice.. but for $404 its looks like you can also get a very nice unit.. im just a basic driver .. the options the d5150 have will be more then enough for me.. question..... the cd changer and CD navigation system in the truck are safe to remove while using the d5150?
Old 04-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #86
Sephira

My Ride: 330ci
Mine Arrived today (c:

Look forward to fitting it in a couple of weeks and seeing how it plays.

Matt
Sephira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #87
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi Carlos, many thanks for your valuable feedback, OK I see AM is still widely used in the US.
Further question, if we improve the sound quality of our unit and increase the max power to 110W, but some AM frequency will be affected, would you like us to do that? Or just keep the AM without sound improvement?

Thanks again!
A lot of people would agreed that if AM frequency will be affected because of sound improvement, specially if you are going to increase wattage outputs, ALL would say, do it!! Again not many people listen to AM stations, so improving sound would be great over AM frequency anytime!

You should consider giving discounts to returning customers, with all these updates a lot of people will be returning but you have to consider giving some kind of customer rebates!
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #88
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
No problem, got my tracking info this am. Within 8 hrs!
(I was sleeping so might of been sooner)
Hi turbotalon1g, yes we have super fast delivery! Enjoy your unit soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-310-e46-X View Post
I have been looking around and I will definitely be going with the d 5150... the $900 dallor units are nice.. but for $404 its looks like you can also get a very nice unit.. im just a basic driver .. the options the d5150 have will be more then enough for me.. question..... the cd changer and CD navigation system in the truck are safe to remove while using the d5150?
X-310-e46-X, it should be safe to remove, many guys have done it successfully, you can refer to Wolf’s installation thread here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1021797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephira View Post
Mine Arrived today (c:

Look forward to fitting it in a couple of weeks and seeing how it plays.

Matt
Hi Matt, congrats! Welcome to share with us your installation pics and reviews then, thanks!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #89
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 891CARLOS View Post
A lot of people would agreed that if AM frequency will be affected because of sound improvement, specially if you are going to increase wattage outputs, ALL would say, do it!! Again not many people listen to AM stations, so improving sound would be great over AM frequency anytime!

You should consider giving discounts to returning customers, with all these updates a lot of people will be returning but you have to consider giving some kind of customer rebates!
Hi 891CARLOS, thanks for your feedback again! Seems like AM is nothing important compared to sound quality!
I'll reply to your PM later after consulting our manager, thanks!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:49 AM   #90
alanol

My Ride: 2001 M3
Just had my new GM5150 installed today. Chose to have my local pro do the installation. 4+ hours - $360+ cost. It was worth it. Good clean install. I could not have done it myself! Hiccup was a brake light issue. After install the brake light would stay on (not bright - but on). Discovered that the GM5150 was feeding back a signal through the brake light circuit - needed to put in a diode to isolate the signal. All is good now, but I would NEVER have been able to diagnose this myself. I was there, watched every minute. It ain't easy and unless you're a "wrench" prepare for a days work. Still thrilled and believe it is worth the bucks.
alanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #91
891CARLOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanol View Post
Just had my new GM5150 installed today. Chose to have my local pro do the installation. 4+ hours - $360+ cost. It was worth it. Good clean install. I could not have done it myself! Hiccup was a brake light issue. After install the brake light would stay on (not bright - but on). Discovered that the GM5150 was feeding back a signal through the brake light circuit - needed to put in a diode to isolate the signal. All is good now, but I would NEVER have been able to diagnose this myself. I was there, watched every minute. It ain't easy and unless you're a "wrench" prepare for a days work. Still thrilled and believe it is worth the bucks.
Not to discouraged/bashed on you but 4hrs to install a unit that practically is "plug and play" by a "PRO" and $360 charge for the install, you got screwed big time!!
I'm not a pro and most of us that did this install can agree that at most people would take 1hr for this job and that is by doing the A/C relocation and backup camera! With $360 you could of bought another unit!

I do not know what was the issue with the brake light you had?? If you mean that you connected the brake wire from the unit to the brake wire on your car than that was your problem, you probably connected it to the wrong. Either way the easiest would of been to just take brake wire from the unit and just grounded to bare metal in your car. I apologize if I disrespected you in some way but this was just wrong! You should of asked people here and saved yourself all that $$.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #92
alanol

No offense taken. I was just reporting my experience for the record. I watched the installation and can verify that the installers did what I would have done and it took the time it took. Another thing; it was very difficult to find room for the bundle of RCA connectors so final positioning of the unit took some manipulation, would have been esker if the bundle exited the unit on the other side. Needed to buy an extension to get the external mic fed up through the A pillar to the overhead console, the supplied cord was not long enough. As you suggested, the brake from the unit was connected to the brake wire on the car. The brake wire on the unit was labeled BRAKE so I guess it wasn't too illogical to assume that the two go together. The instruction manual was not very helpful. But the result is fantastic! A really, really clean install. I am thrilled with everything so far. It's going to take some time to learn all the functions and get the firmware updates plugged in. My post was not meant to "bitch" only to report what actually happened. Others can take it or leave it.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #93
891CARLOS

Quote:
No offense taken. I was just reporting my experience for the record. I watched the installation and can verify that the installers did what I would have done and it took the time it took. Another thing; it was very difficult to find room for the bundle of RCA connectors so final positioning of the unit took some manipulation, would have been esker if the bundle exited the unit on the other side. Needed to buy an extension to get the external mic fed up through the A pillar to the overhead console, the supplied cord was not long enough. As you suggested, the brake from the unit was connected to the brake wire on the car. The brake wire on the unit was labeled BRAKE so I guess it wasn't too illogical to assume that the two go together. The instruction manual was not very helpful. But the result is fantastic! A really, really clean install. I am thrilled with everything so far. It's going to take some time to learn all the functions and get the firmware updates plugged in. My post was not meant to "bitch" only to report what actually happened. Others can take it or leave it.
Don't get me wrong, it's great that you comment your experiences so others can learn from it, but my comment was also informative to others so if someone encounters same issue to ask here for help before heading out to a "pro installer" which is really unnecessary for this unit, again this is just me and don't know if others can agree. $300+ is just too steep for a dash install. Just an FYI, brake wire is connected to the hand brake not the foot brake (if that makes sense!?) this is for security reasons, pro installers are required to connect this wire so people are not watching videos while driving, when hand brake is applied(cars normally can't move with hand brake) it sends a signal to "unlock" unit and video is operable.

Unfortunately I did not get the external mic upgrade and don't personally know how installation is in regards to mic cable but your input can be taken by Eonon to improve the length of the cable. Also, I agree with you that the RCA's can be relocated to ease installation, this is a major PITA for all of us! pro or not! Eonon can sure take this information for future updates, they did hear us the first time and made those longer but relocated them may be best!

It won't take you long to know all features of the unit, for the price, features and service, I think that this is a great GPS unit out there. I'm also another happy customer. Enjoy!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #94
alanol

A partial explanation for the $360 is that the pro is financially on the hook for any damage during install so they are VERY careful and go slow, read every line of the instructions and comply with every requirement (as with the brake wire - which WAS connected to the hand brake). I happen to have "hammer hands" and when I start pulling stuff apart usually something gets broken. With older cars sun exposure over time can make plastic parts brittle and without the right tool kit I was just afraid to muck up a perfectly good dash and willing to pay an "expert" for his skill. Most guys on this thread undoubtedly could do the install faster. My car is a "project" and I wanted it done right. Sorry if this sounds a little defensive, but I don't feel like I was screwed. Just sayin'
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #95
891CARLOS

Quote:
A partial explanation for the $360 is that the pro is financially on the hook for any damage during install so they are VERY careful and go slow, read every line of the instructions and comply with every requirement (as with the brake wire - which WAS connected to the hand brake). I happen to have "hammer hands" and when I start pulling stuff apart usually something gets broken. With older cars sun exposure over time can make plastic parts brittle and without the right tool kit I was just afraid to muck up a perfectly good dash and willing to pay an "expert" for his skill. Most guys on this thread undoubtedly could do the install faster. My car is a "project" and I wanted it done right. Sorry if this sounds a little defensive, but I don't feel like I was screwed. Just sayin'
If you are happy with the results and with the product, its all good!

On a side note, if you need help with the update(I don't think you'll need it as yours should already be updated and no Launch.exe error should pop up) I can be of help and won't charge as much!! jk... but really if you do need help just ask, a lot of people here can help out.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #96
VKnid

My Ride: 2002 330i
Nothing wrong with being careful and nothing wrong with paying someone else as long as you are happy with the results. I just want to back up what 891CARLOS said for other guys looking to install their own. If you are good with basic tools and/or have done a stereo install before, this not a hard DIY. I would highly recommend reading the install thread in the Audio forum first before attempting a DIY.
VKnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #97
alanol

I'm getting stuck on the Navigation set up. I get the the Locate GPS Path screen then select the exe file from the supplied SD and nothing happens. Am I missing a step?
Old 04-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #98
891CARLOS

Quote:
I'm getting stuck on the Navigation set up. I get the the Locate GPS Path screen then select the exe file from the supplied SD and nothing happens. Am I missing a step?
Hey alanol, you have to scroll down in that screen, you won't see the exe file up front.

Watch this video, it works the same way if you have the Kudos map from Eonon.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #99
alanol

Thx 891Calrlos, I had viewed the clip earlier, wasn't clear to me that I was looking for Kudos, then I had to drill down and scroll down to find the .exe file. Works now. Appreciate the help.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #100
turbotalon1g

Mine should be here FRiday
so excite