E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
T_revM3

My Ride: 2002 M3
2002 Steel Gray M3 6spd Manual $16,200…Fantastic OEM Condition!

SOLD SOLD SOLD

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by T_revM3; 03-30-2014 at 06:55 PM.
T_revM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
mkiv_tdi

My Ride: 325xi
Hey, I'm in Fairfield, CT. You selling this Private Party, or through the dealership?
mkiv_tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
T_revM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv_tdi View Post
Hey, I'm in Fairfield, CT. You selling this Private Party, or through the dealership?
I'm selling it privately
Old 03-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
prideNjoy325Ci

My Ride: '01 325Ci & '04 M3
Very nice M3, GLWS!
prideNjoy325Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #5
T_revM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prideNjoy325Ci View Post
Very nice M3, GLWS!
Thank you!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
e46whizkid

My Ride: 2001 330i sport pckg
It's a real beaut. The only thing that I could find wrong if I'm being extremely nit-picky is that the seats seam worn out. Other than that, perfect. GLWS!

2009 X3 6 Spd Auto OEM

2013 535i XDrive fully loaded (M Sport) OEM + Carbon Ceramic Brake BMW Upgrade
e46whizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
ZimZimma328Ci

My Ride: Mopar
Send a message via AIM to ZimZimma328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46whizkid View Post
It's a real beaut. The only thing that I could find wrong if I'm being extremely nit-picky is that the seats seam worn out. Other than that, perfect. GLWS!
Worn, maybe. I would hardly say worn out! Gorgeous M3!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
giantkeeper

My Ride: BMW
I thought I would go ahead and follow-up on the purchase of this car and the OP.

I bought and shipped the car to Arizona with the understanding that this car was a flawless example of a 2002 M3 with a few scuffs and a dent on the driver side of the car. As described via email and over the phone with Trevor. What I got was the extreme opposite and it was evident the minute the transport truck arrived.....

........There are dents and scratches on EVERY panel of this car and in most cases multiple (all documented on the drivers pick-up form, signed by Trevor). The rear tires were advertised as only having 4k miles on them yet the rears are bald from camber wear. The rear quarter windows have zero seal remaining. The interior was hideous! Filthy and smelling of mildew. The passenger seat has a huge scratch in the surface. The rear seats have multiple burns and scratches in the seats and the rear passenger side C pillar was hanging from duct tape that was used to replace the broken clips. Every door panels has cuts in them. The rear view mirror had the common "stain" but was also not disclosed. I've driven that car four times since in my possession and each time it throws a CEL for Vanos. Reading of the history shows that this has been happening for quite some time and the codes were cleared by a Peake unit or similar that clears codes but doesn't erase history.

In addition, further review of the receipts of ownership shows an extensive history of electrical issues caused by a previous owners careless install of aftermarket speakers and wiring. Most of which I have pulled out of the "Fantastic OEM Condition M3!". None of which was disclosed.....

When I talked to Trevor regarding the condition of the above vehicle he stated he was "apologetic that he did not manage my expectations correctly".

Aside from telling you guys to "beware" there isn't much I can do but to get this car up to the status I thought I was buying. So that is what I will do.

I'd recommend that you buy NOTHING from this individual as he blatantly misrepresented what he was selling.

It's not hard to honestly represent something you are selling folks.

Below is the original information from his FS ad that he removed as soon as I made the deposit.....

"2002 Steel Gray M3 6spd Manual $16,200...Fantastic OEM Condition!

Hi All,

For sale is my 2002 M3. This vehicle is a Florida car that I located and transported to CT in spring 2012. Since being in the northeast it has been garage kept and used as a secondary vehicle for 7 months out of the year. I store it from November to March in a heated garage facility owned by a family member with other sports cars.

I work at BMW of Ridgefield in Ridgefield CT and have had nothing but OEM parts and service go into maintaining the car. The vehicle is in superb condition for the mileage. I have been slowly replacing items that have been worn or could use replacing.

Below are the vehicle specs and the work that I have done.

112,700 Miles
OEM ZCP wheels (Absolutely perfect with zero rash or imperfections)
Michelin Pilot Super sport Tires (4k miles driven)
OEM Headlight Lenses
OEM Trunk lid Tail lights
OEM Side marker Lights
OEM Side Grill M3 Emblem
OEM Nylon Shifter bushing
OEM Leather Shift knob
OEM Center console and compartments and Euro Tray
OEM Radio support bezel with storage compartments
OEM A Pillars
Turner Motorsport Rear Lower Adjustable Control Arms
Powerflex Urethane Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
Coby Wheel Alcantara E-Brake and Shift boot

Previous owner installed:
EAS Carbon fiber dash kit (Original Piano black trim was fading and delaminating)

All maintenance is up to date. Vehicle has fresh oil change before being stored for winter each time and gets a full inspection by Certified BMW Technician before and after storage.

Feel free to message or email me with any questions, or to make an appointment. TrevorCornelis@gmail.com

Asking Price is $16,200"

'89 325is F_Spec Article

Last edited by giantkeeper; 04-28-2014 at 12:47 PM.
giantkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
sorry to hear that man.. seller should give you a $1000 to make SOME of the repairs.

Last edited by joedaddy; 04-28-2014 at 04:37 PM.
joedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #10
warzilla

My Ride: 335 coupe
Thats why I can't buy sight unseen. Good luck buyer. Agree with JoeDaddy, OP should give some money back.
warzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #11
zmart1091

My Ride: 2002 PhoenixYellowM3
i thought this car was overpriced which is why i didnt go look at it. However i remember seeing the original posting of this car and it was made to look immaculate and in pristine condition which would justify the price. I dont remember whether or not it said the subframe was replaced but if it was that would be about a $2000+ job which could also justify the price. However with the problems stated above and work needed i think he should give you some money back or agree to pay and fix some of the problems.
zmart1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:26 AM   #12
6spd_legend

My Ride: acura legend 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkeeper View Post
I thought I would go ahead and follow-up on the purchase of this car and the OP.

I bought and shipped the car to Arizona with the understanding that this car was a flawless example of a 2002 M3 with a few scuffs and a dent on the driver side of the car. As described via email and over the phone with Trevor. What I got was the extreme opposite and it was evident the minute the transport truck arrived.....

........There are dents and scratches on EVERY panel of this car and in most cases multiple (all documented on the drivers pick-up form, signed by Trevor). The rear tires were advertised as only having 4k miles on them yet the rears are bald from camber wear. The rear quarter windows have zero seal remaining. The interior was hideous! Filthy and smelling of mildew. The passenger seat has a huge scratch in the surface. The rear seats have multiple burns and scratches in the seats and the rear passenger side C pillar was hanging from duct tape that was used to replace the broken clips. Every door panels has cuts in them. The rear view mirror had the common "stain" but was also not disclosed. I've driven that car four times since in my possession and each time it throws a CEL for Vanos. Reading of the history shows that this has been happening for quite some time and the codes were cleared by a Peake unit or similar that clears codes but doesn't erase history.

In addition, further review of the receipts of ownership shows an extensive history of electrical issues caused by a previous owners careless install of aftermarket speakers and wiring. Most of which I have pulled out of the "Fantastic OEM Condition M3!". None of which was disclosed.....

When I talked to Trevor regarding the condition of the above vehicle he stated he was "apologetic that he did not manage my expectations correctly".

Aside from telling you guys to "beware" there isn't much I can do but to get this car up to the status I thought I was buying. So that is what I will do.

I'd recommend that you buy NOTHING from this individual as he blatantly misrepresented what he was selling.

It's not hard to honestly represent something you are selling folks.

Below is the original information from his FS ad that he removed as soon as I made the deposit.....

"2002 Steel Gray M3 6spd Manual $16,200...Fantastic OEM Condition!

Hi All,

For sale is my 2002 M3. This vehicle is a Florida car that I located and transported to CT in spring 2012. Since being in the northeast it has been garage kept and used as a secondary vehicle for 7 months out of the year. I store it from November to March in a heated garage facility owned by a family member with other sports cars.

I work at BMW of Ridgefield in Ridgefield CT and have had nothing but OEM parts and service go into maintaining the car. The vehicle is in superb condition for the mileage. I have been slowly replacing items that have been worn or could use replacing.

Below are the vehicle specs and the work that I have done.

112,700 Miles
OEM ZCP wheels (Absolutely perfect with zero rash or imperfections)
Michelin Pilot Super sport Tires (4k miles driven)
OEM Headlight Lenses
OEM Trunk lid Tail lights
OEM Side marker Lights
OEM Side Grill M3 Emblem
OEM Nylon Shifter bushing
OEM Leather Shift knob
OEM Center console and compartments and Euro Tray
OEM Radio support bezel with storage compartments
OEM A Pillars
Turner Motorsport Rear Lower Adjustable Control Arms
Powerflex Urethane Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
Coby Wheel Alcantara E-Brake and Shift boot

Previous owner installed:
EAS Carbon fiber dash kit (Original Piano black trim was fading and delaminating)

All maintenance is up to date. Vehicle has fresh oil change before being stored for winter each time and gets a full inspection by Certified BMW Technician before and after storage.

Feel free to message or email me with any questions, or to make an appointment. TrevorCornelis@gmail.com

Asking Price is $16,200"

Can you post pictures?
Old 04-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #13
giantkeeper

The pictures posted below are from today.....INPA screen shots are from Saturday

Can't really bee seen in this photo, aftermarket wiring was run through the lower speaker grill. Speakers are some blown aftermarket speakers

rear bumper cover

rear bumper cover

Rear passenger side seat (terrible picture)

Passenger seat

Passenger door dent

This was actually disclosed. This and a ding just above it.

Ding (it's actually a dent) that was also disclosed

The black marker is me trying to hide the burn

C-pillar photo from day of delivery, literally mounted by duct tape

Carrier pick-up inspection form

relevant emails

"On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Chris M <--------@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Trevor,

I PM'd you regarding the car. I noticed your email and assumed that is the best way for you to handle inquiries.

"Nice car! By any chance has the rod bearing recall been performed on this car? Service II?

Any issues with surface rust or corrosion on the suspension components and undercarriage?

Any issues with a PPI and having it loaded up on a carrier and shipped to AZ?

Also, what type of service or maintenance is coming up on the car? i.e. Brakes, cooling system etc"

Chris"

"Trevor C <------@gmail.com>
Mar 28

to me
Hello Chris,

Thanks for the email, it is definitely easier just to communicate this way while I'm at work.

The rod bearing recall was done when the vehicle was new and service II was done by my technician last fall before storage. I work at a BMW dealership and I have our shop foreman work on my car. I just did a post storage inspection last week and he said the car checked out great and drives excellent.

This car has not seen winter, It was a Florida car before I bought it and since I've owned it here in CT its been garaged kept and stored for the winter in a heated garage. I rarely drive it in the rain as it is my second vehicle and only drive it for fun and on the weekends. There is not a spot of rust or corrosion anywhere on the vehicle and the suspension feels great.

I have no issues with a PPI and having the car shipped. That is how I purchased it so I am familiar with the process.

The only service I recommend doing this summer would be a valve adjustment. Everything else is up to date.

If we can agree to terms how soon are you able to do business?

Kind regards,
Trevor"

""On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Chris M <--------@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Trevor,

If we can come to terms I would be pretty much ready to go. I would just have to determine whether I would pay in cash or if I would finance. It may take me a week or so to pull everything together. Putting down a deposit would be no issue.

If you don't mind, can I get the VIN to run through car fax? Also, are there any other aftermarket items on the car besides the few you listed in the ad? Any dents, dings, scratches or tears?

Any flexibility in the price?

Chris"

"Trevor C <-----------@gmail.com>
Mar 28

to me
Hello Chris,

Excellent, I completely understand and have no problem working with you. The VIN is WBSBL93442JR14468

There are no other aftermarket parts besides the ones in my listing. The exterior is in great shape with minimal dents or scratches. The only noticeable ding is under the driver side rear window and it is very minor. only noticeable at the right angle. I promise you won't be disappointed by the physical condition, I get complemented on the car every time I take it out.

I am flexible on price and am open to offers. If we can agree to something today you can leave a deposit and I'll take down all my listings.

Kind regards,
Trevor"

after I got the car......

"On Apr 11, 2014, at 5:19 PM, Chris M <-------@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Trevor,

The car is here.

Upon initial inspection there are quite a few dents and dings that were not described in your ad or when I asked you for more detail. Something else definitely not noted is the condition of the interior. There are cuts in the door cards, the rear passenger pillar cover is half off and the rear seats have god knows what on them. The rear view mirror is stained. The rear quarter window seals are beyond shot. You also mentioned tires with 4000 miles on them. The rear passenger side is bald from camber wear. These are just a few of the easy things that were noted in less than an hour in my possession.

A car buyer should never be surprised when buying a car. Today I am both surprised and disappointed and I don't feel I got the car that was described in your ad or in your emails.

Chris"

"Trevor C <---------@gmail.com>
Apr 11

to me
Hello Chris,

I sincerely apologize if I did not manage your expectations properly. I had zero intent to deceive you and I did my best to be as transparent as possible. There is not a 12 year old M3 with over 110k miles on the market that is in better condition than that vehicle. I felt that I was very fair with you through out the entire process. If I led you to believe you were getting a vehicle with zero imperfections then shame on me, but that is not the case in this situation.

Again a deeply apologize that you feel I misled you, that was the last thing I ever wanted to do.

Kind regards,
Trevor"

Not documented in the emails is the subframe that was discussed via phone. I was told the subframe had been inspected and there were no issues.

'89 325is F_Spec Article

Last edited by giantkeeper; 04-29-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
T_revM3

I will stand by my listing as an accurate representation of the car. If anyone wants to question my integrity you can contact me directly.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #15
giantkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_revM3 View Post
I will stand by my listing as an accurate representation of the car. If anyone wants to question my integrity you can contact me directly.
Contacted you directly, I guess we'll just wait for a return call

'89 325is F_Spec Article
Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #16
T_revM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkeeper View Post
Contacted you directly, I guess we'll just wait for a return call
I don't follow, I respond to all of your emails
Old 04-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
giantkeeper

I've requested that you cover the replacement cost of both vent rear window gaskets, rear tire, c-pillar cover, rear view mirror, and vanos solenoid (rebuilt Beisan). All items that are damaged/defective that have to be replaced and were not disclosed.

"Trevor C ---------@gmail.com
10:18 AM (1 minute ago)

to me

I am not sending you any money and I am no longer entertaining any more conversations with you"

'89 325is F_Spec Article

Last edited by giantkeeper; 04-29-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #18
onefastsicilian

My Ride: 03.5 m3
..... and this is why I'd NEVER buy a car without physically seeing the car with my own eyes.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #19
BGOC

My Ride: M3
I understanding you frustration...but you purchased a used car without inspecting it. For someone to sell and PROPERLY disclose everything about a 12 year old car would take a listing the size of a book (a lil exaggerated)
BGOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #20
giantkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGOC View Post
I understanding you frustration...but you purchased a used car without inspecting it. For someone to sell and PROPERLY disclose everything about a 12 year old car would take a listing the size of a book (a lil exaggerated)
I've done it numerous times over the past 8 years and I still maintain relationships with all of the buyers. All you have to do is be honest and represent the car as it is, not what it needs to be to make a sale.

Unfortunately there are people out there like yourself that will justify the sellers behavior....and yes, shame on me.

'89 325is F_Spec Article