E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
Nasus

My Ride: 2006 BMW 325cic
Question rear window switch unresponsive

I have an issue with my 2006 325Ci convertible that I can't find in another thread. I had my battery disconnected while replacing my fuel pump. Once completed my rear quarter windows do not respond to the switch. Also the "all windows" switch is unresponsive. The windows do respond when opening/closing the top with the key or the top switch, so I know the motor and regulator is good. I have tried disconnecting the battery for 15-30 minutes asI saw in another post. Still no switch response. The front windows respond to their individual switches. I have checked the fuse and it was good. Any suggestions, please?
Nasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Nasus

Any ideas are welcome. Still having this issue.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
goosu94

My Ride: z3
Not sure if verts have the same switches as sedans, but if they do, maybe the button disabling the rear windows is pressed?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
goosu94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Nasus

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosu94 View Post
Not sure if verts have the same switches as sedans, but if they do, maybe the button disabling the rear windows is pressed?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
They don't. The vert has an "all windows" switch where my sedan has the lock out button. But the "all windows" switch is also unresponsive.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:08 AM   #5
Greg330CI

My Ride: E46 330CIc
I have had similar issues after the battery has been disconnected on my vert, although after going through several iterations of window open/close cycles on each window switch they seem to reset themselves correctly. I did read on another post, (maybe bimmerfest??) that you can reset your electronics as follows:

Disconnect the battery altogether then attach the -ive cable and the +ive cable together for 10 minutes to reset all electronics. I have never had to do this. Suggest your search the forums before you do so just to check it out again first.

Good luck!
Greg330CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
Nasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg330CI View Post
I have had similar issues after the battery has been disconnected on my vert, although after going through several iterations of window open/close cycles on each window switch they seem to reset themselves correctly. I did read on another post, (maybe bimmerfest??) that you can reset your electronics as follows:

Disconnect the battery altogether then attach the -ive cable and the +ive cable together for 10 minutes to reset all electronics. I have never had to do this. Suggest your search the forums before you do so just to check it out again first.

Good luck!
Thank you. I've tried toggling the switch about a million times (lol). Still no response. I'll see what I can find about the +/- reset....

Anyone else out there ever do this reset?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
dobleo7

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP, 84 318
Quarter window fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasus View Post
Thank you. I've tried toggling the switch about a million times (lol). Still no response. I'll see what I can find about the +/- reset....

Anyone else out there ever do this reset?
I've got the same issue on my coupe. Quarter windows respond to all windows command on key, but not to individual switches. Both stopped working at the same time. Front windows work with individual switches.
dobleo7 is offline   Reply With Quote