E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 10:47 PM   #1
breadvanracing

My Ride: E46 328Ci, Z3 MC
FS: 2000 328Ci 5 Speed TiAg Aero w/Maint Hist

SOLD.

Chicago Area. Looking for $7800 obo.

Selling my old daily driver, had planned on keeping it but my new job means I need a car better suited to long highway drives (I picked up an E38). Have done most of the normal maintenance required in the 100-120k mile range as I was intending to keep this for the long haul.

2000 BMW 328Ci 5 Speed, 115,000 miles, Titanium Silver (TiAg) over black leather with sport package, factory navigation, staggered M68 wheels with 245/40R17 rear and 225/45R17 front tires, xenon low beams, rain sensing wipers. Factory Aero body kit, (bumpers, trunk spoiler and sideskirts). Modifications include mild Dinan tune, cold air intake (K&N filter), UUC TS2(?) exhaust, UUC short shift kit and ZHP shifter, Febi/Bilstein ZHP control arms, shorter open differential (3.38 ratio), aftermarket RSMs (Rogue?) and tinted windows. Interior has the wood trim removed, replaced with painted shadowline trim from an M3 (no bubbling). CD changer removed and long since gone, HK Drive and Play installed for iPod hook-up instead.

I've owned this car since March 2011 (92k miles then), previous owner was a friend of mine and BMW enthusiast, he owned from about 20k miles. Since I have owned the car, the following maintenance has been done:

New tires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS all seasons, 245/40R17 and 225/45R17.
New shocks all around, Koni STR.T.
New Meyle HD LCABs and Febi/Bilstein ZHP control arms.
New pads and rotors in all four corners, Brembo blanks and Pagid Blue pads. Bled system, Ate blue fluid.
Rebuilt rear suspension, all bushings, ball joints, bushing savers, rear wheel bearings, rear diff mount bushing (diff. fluid changed to Redline 75W90).
New center support bearing and guibo.
Exhaust removed and remounted with new gaskets to exhaust manifold.
Cold weather crankcase ventilation valve replacement, with all new insulated hoses, modified dipstick guide tube, new vacuum distribution manifold.... all BMW dealer parts.
Removed intake manifold and replaced all gaskets and vacuum tubing. Replaced starter with new Bosch unit (not rebuilt, new). Cleaned throttle body and ICV, replaced lower intake boot.
Vanos overhaul using Beisan seals and anti-rattle kit, valve cover gasket and Bosch iridium plugs.
Electronic thermostat, water pump (metal impeller).
New battery, Optima Red Top AGM.

Exterior is an 8.5 out of 10, ding in rear left wheel arch, could be PDRed. Also a scratch in the passenger door, and some oxidation of the paint below the gas filler door. Previous owner spilled gas. Zero rust. I personally detailed this car, used a Porter Cable on every panel with 3M machine polish and SMR, then applied multiple coats of Zaino. Field of paint in general looks excellent.

Interior is an 8. Minor issues. Door weatherstripping has separated in a few spots and been glued as most have at this age, driver seat as a tiny tear that could be heat sealed, very small (1/4"). C pillar trim is starting to pull away a little. Minor salt stains in the black carpet from winter. Overall, very tidy and clean, seats have very little bolster wear.

In short, this is a very well maintained car, lots of the typical issues resolved already, handles like new. No time-wasters or tire-kickers please. Thanks for looking. Would love to keep this around, but can't justify it, the wife wants it gone.

I will try to put pics in this thread, if you need them fast, e-mail me at breadvanracing@gmail.com.

Last edited by breadvanracing; 04-13-2014 at 11:39 PM.
breadvanracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
breadvanracing

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpalmer...ch/13459827803

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpalmer...ch/13459708965

I'll add more pictures when I can, haven't been home in the daylight much this week.

Thanks.

Last edited by breadvanracing; 03-27-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
breadvanracing

More photos added, just browse my photostream using the flickr links above.

Thanks for looking.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
breadvanracing

Sale pending.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
breadvanracing

SOLD. Thanks.