E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #1
Giorgo

My Ride: 330ci convertible
What Tyres Are you Using Atm?

Hey guys,
What tyres have you got on your e46 atm? Good/bad? What do they feel like?
K go!
Giorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:35 AM   #2
DeclanM3

My Ride: 332Ci
Nitto NT05's, good, rubbery - sometimes sticky depending on what i've been doing.

DeclanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
e34m5freak199

My Ride: E34 M5, E46 325
pzero runflat - exceptional grip hot or cold - very harsh ride - little to no noise - good wear but very xey
r888 - when hot grip is amazing - wears super fast, not bad value but on a DD wont last long
r1r - heard good things, havnt tried
conti sports contact - grip also amazing, quiet and soft - dont last and also very xey
pilot super sports (not pss3) - on a street car, one of the best tires ive seen. grips like a MOFO hot or cold, lasts more than 10k, pricey but who cares.

all above is my own personal opinion and experience on my own cars which could be subjective.

Last edited by e34m5freak199; 03-29-2014 at 04:55 AM.
e34m5freak199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:39 AM   #4
dsio

My Ride: E46 328i / 330ci
Kumho KU39s, very pleased with them so far
Old 03-29-2014, 04:25 AM   #5
AudiEtr

My Ride: 330i
Pilot Super Sports! I feel like the wheel will break before I lose traction in a turn.
Rain grip is real nice as well.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:50 AM   #6
gueste46
Banned User

I'm using black rubbery ones. They feel nice, not as nice as my wife's breast, but pretty nice.

Actually I'm using cheap ($135 each) tyres and as I drive like a human being on the public roads they work just fine and have long wear. Even a supercar fitted with cheap tyres will run perfectly well on the road when driven at the speed limit, so why anyone who is not driving their car to the limit or tracking it, would waste good money on flash tyres, I cannot imagine.

Last edited by gueste46; 03-29-2014 at 04:51 AM.
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:58 AM   #7
Casho

My Ride: e46 330ci
Goodyear Asymmetric F1
Casho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:16 AM   #8
e34m5freak199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
I'm using black rubbery ones. They feel nice, not as nice as my wife's breast, but pretty nice.

Actually I'm using cheap ($135 each) tyres and as I drive like a human being on the public roads they work just fine and have long wear. Even a supercar fitted with cheap tyres will run perfectly well on the road when driven at the speed limit, so why anyone who is not driving their car to the limit or tracking it, would waste good money on flash tyres, I cannot imagine.
if one through there own driving habits cannot tell the difference between good tyres and kmart specials, then indeed they would be a waste of money, particularly on a 320.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:50 AM   #9
AudiEtr

My Ride: 330i
Quote:

You're that guy that rides in the left lane at 55mph, aren't you....

It's not like OP said, "Hey guys, what's the best tire to drift on the street with". He just wanted to know what everybody's running.

Get over yourself bro.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:54 AM   #10
e34m5freak199

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiEtr View Post

It's not like OP said, "Hey guys, what's the best tire to drift on the street with". He just wanted to know what everybody's running.

Get over yourself bro.
nah bro, 55mph would be a stretch, it would be more like 55kph
Old 03-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #11
gueste46
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiEtr View Post

Get over yourself bro.
Thanks for the advice.

What I said still goes. I am using cheap tyres and they work great for me. That was his question was it not?

Wait, I just noticed...the rude one is American. Of course, that makes sense.

Last edited by gueste46; 03-29-2014 at 06:06 AM.
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:59 AM   #12
DeclanM3

My Ride: 332Ci
Quote:

All well and good until you need to swerve around some d**khead that pulls out in front of you or stomp on the brakes for the same reason.

I've had some close calls in both my BMW's where I've been cruising along at the speed limit or under and seriously doubt I would've avoided the accident had I been running Nankangs or some other POS.

Such a cliche saying but it's the only thing connecting your car to the road. Why the fk anyone would skimp on that is beyond me...

Still don't buy into it? Watch this

Stopping 22m later than quality tyres can easily be the difference between life and death. As an ex cop I would've expected better from you mate.

Last edited by DeclanM3; 03-29-2014 at 07:01 AM.
DeclanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #13
Drewsuph

My Ride: E46 M3 - E36 320i
Pilot Super Sports here too. Love them. Won't be putting anything else on the car in the future.
Even much better than the PS2's I had on it beforehand.
Just my opinion though...
Old 03-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #14
Jimmy_46

My Ride: bmw e46 m3
Quote:

Wow, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Why did you buy a bmw then? A great wall would of suited you perfectly.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
SY$

My Ride: E46 320ci
Lol **** the guy lets get back into the answer of the threads people ignore stupid people

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
SY$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:23 AM   #16
Casho

My Ride: e46 330ci
Declan well put!

Spend as much as you can afford on tyres because they affect everything! Ride comfort, handling and especially braking to avoid that truck. How much extra would you suddenly pay to gain just 5 metres stopping distance to stop your car getting written off, or worse your child / partner being injured?!
Casho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #17
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
I'm running Michelin Pilot Super Sports too. Without doubt the best tyre I have ever run on any car. Progressive breakaway on oversteer with no surprises. Great in the wet and just awesome in the dry. Not cheap but worth it imho. Mine are 25k old and have another 10k in them.

Decent tyres, PSS's or Conti's just transform this car. Rubbish tyres make it dangerous imho.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #18
zha50

My Ride: '04 325ci 5MT
Michelin Pilot Sport 3, since PSS does not come in my size. Either way, great street tire for its price.

'04 325ci M-sport 5MT
- Bone stock -
zha50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #19
Bafffyyy

My Ride: is Individual
Send a message via Skype™ to Bafffyyy
Achilles ATR Sport. All I could afford at the time. Saving up for Pilot Sports next time round though. Or Super Sports.
GAS Rebuilt DISA
Liqui-Moly fluids
OEM ///M Strut Bar
Bafffyyy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #20
SY$

My Ride: E46 320ci
I too am running Achilles ATR sport for the time being ,was strapped for cash hard at the time
SY$ is offline   Reply With Quote