E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > UK

UK
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Find other members from your area in the E46Fanatics Garage HERE

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
rjvibes

Angel eye kit

Does anyone know whet I can get an Angel eye kit for my e46 near Romford Essex, was going to order one off Amazon but I'd rather pick up and put them in over the long weekend.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
rjvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
For location you would have to order something online.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
rjvibes

Really ! Thought there would have been somewhere !

rjvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
Davtak

My Ride: E46 323ci
A mate of mine went to Leeds and have them install while he waited creative autos. I know it's a long drive for you.

Davtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
Shaun1970

My Ride: 318i SE 2000
Send a message via MSN to Shaun1970
I got some from here http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/bmw-3-series-e46-98-05/ and fitted myself, easy job depending on the kit you get, LED ones have a good wiring loom, the others is messing around a bit more. Ordered and delivered in two days, fitted same day delivered.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
ascari32

My Ride: 330 ci msport
Hi I got mine from http://www.ca-int.co.uk/home.php 263.63 Orion v4 with auto fade harness fitted by myself easy to do, loads of stuff on you tube....... Look for Orion v 2 auto fade.
ascari32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:27 AM   #7
kayone

My Ride: 320 M Sport Coupe
Is there anywhere local to the midlands that fit these? (before I attempt and most likely make a mess myself!)
kayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
ascari32

Wink youtube

Hi buddy l dont know of anywhere that will fit them l would try a small audio or custom shop orther than that check out you tube its more than worth it tons of stuff on there if you fancy it yrself its not that difficult just take yr time allow pleanty of time l did mine in around four hours and cleanded up the wiring the next day its worth it mate it gives you a real sense of achievement and well worth it hope this helps. Just a note mate is yr car the face lift version with all in one headlight and indecator l am not sure if the come to bits???????? Hope this helps good luck
Old 07-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #9
kayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascari32 View Post
Hi buddy l dont know of anywhere that will fit them l would try a small audio or custom shop orther than that check out you tube its more than worth it tons of stuff on there if you fancy it yrself its not that difficult just take yr time allow pleanty of time l did mine in around four hours and cleanded up the wiring the next day its worth it mate it gives you a real sense of achievement and well worth it hope this helps. Just a note mate is yr car the face lift version with all in one headlight and indecator l am not sure if the come to bits???????? Hope this helps good luck
I am very tempted now (Leeds being the closest to me to professionally fit - 50miles).

It is the pre-facelift version also which I believe don't have sealed lights, making the install a bit more straight forward.

Any advice on which kit?
Old 07-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #10
ascari32

I got mine from ca technologies they are the orion version 4 they cost 200 plus scroll up l posted the full price and the link to the site they are more tham worth it without doubt they are the best looking on the market l have had people stop and ask me where l got them from there are no gaps with the led's and the auto fade is amazing. If you have a bit of technical knowledge you should be fine get descent trim pullers for the clips on the headlights take yr time and enjoy it you will save on fittingcheck you tube for fitting angel eyes e46 the instructions that come with ae's are also a massive help good
Old 07-04-2014, 04:18 AM   #11
kayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascari32 View Post
I got mine from ca technologies they are the orion version 4 they cost 200 plus scroll up l posted the full price and the link to the site they are more tham worth it without doubt they are the best looking on the market l have had people stop and ask me where l got them from there are no gaps with the led's and the auto fade is amazing. If you have a bit of technical knowledge you should be fine get descent trim pullers for the clips on the headlights take yr time and enjoy it you will save on fittingcheck you tube for fitting angel eyes e46 the instructions that come with ae's are also a massive help good
A bit steep on cost those, eBay seems to be swamped with Kits, Halo eyes, CCFL etc for 20-100.

Are any of these actually worth considering?
Old 07-04-2014, 05:57 AM   #12
Russell318

My Ride: E46 318 coupe
I brought mine off eBay quite easy to fit, had two leds fail, and the vendor replaced the ring no questions asked, I think it might be the same one Shaun 1970 had put ( think they sell on ebay as well)

Old 07-04-2014, 06:01 AM   #13
kayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell318 View Post
I brought mine off eBay quite easy to fit, had two leds fail, and the vendor replaced the ring no questions asked, I think it might be the same one Shaun 1970 had put ( think they sell on ebay as well)

Are they easy to wire into the side lights/interior lights? is it plug and play or is modifying wires required?
Old 07-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #14
Shaun1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell318 View Post

Good choice Russell, they are on eBay to but i got mine from car mods, down Essex way I believe.

Quote:
Are they easy to wire into the side lights/interior lights? is it plug and play or is modifying wires required?
Kayone, so easy to fit, the wiring loom is simple, if you buy the LED, the CCFL ones are different I believe. I have mine set to be always on when engine running, and just threaded the cable through for auto on / fade when locking and unlocking. The hardest bit of the job is getting the car to bits first! Other than that they are simple.

Last edited by Shaun1970; 07-04-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Shaun1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #15
Shaun1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayone View Post
Either of these depending on the lights if they Non Projector or Projector, Pre face seem to be Non Projector.

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/e46led...l-eye-kit.html

Or

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/e462dr...l-eye-kit.html

Or

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/e36led...alo-rings.html

If unsure send pic of lights to them and they will tell you right kit.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #16
kayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun1970 View Post
Either of these depending on the lights if they Non Projector or Projector, Pre face seem to be Non Projector.

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/e46led...l-eye-kit.html

Or

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/e462dr...l-eye-kit.html

Or

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/e36led...alo-rings.html

If unsure send pic of lights to them and they will tell you right kit.

Thanks Shaun.

Mine are the prefacelift non-projector (just halogen bulbs).

How long have you had the LEDs fitted Shaun, any issues?
Old 07-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #17
Shaun1970

I done mine last year, around May 13 and no problems at all mate, still working well no LED's gone etc.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #18
Shaun1970

Couple of pics to show the LED ones and LED & CCFL on two cars side by side, LED left and CCFL right.

By the way, nothing wrong with my suspension looks like its leaning right (left as you look at it) its the parking bay im in as i moved car after as it was annoying me lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130727_010.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	564142   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130521_002.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	564143  
Old 07-05-2014, 04:19 AM   #19
kayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun1970 View Post
Couple of pics to show the LED ones and LED & CCFL on two cars side by side, LED left and CCFL right.

By the way, nothing wrong with my suspension looks like its leaning right (left as you look at it) its the parking bay im in as i moved car after as it was annoying me lol.

Looking good, nxt investment (and more importantly investmet in time to do it! )
Old 07-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #20
Rymeister

My Ride: E46 convertabile
M-style near Romford sell them. It might even be in Romford. Try their website.

Rymeister is offline   Reply With Quote