E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
bluewater87

My Ride: won racewarz
Did I get turned down?

I switched up massage therapists a couple months back, and the therapist i'm going to now is great. We have great conversations, similiar interests/hobbies, etc.

She got diagnosed with some blood disorder a couple years back. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but she says the doctors say she shouldn't play any sports, as if she were to get for example hit by the ball or hurt, things could go badly.

I've gone to her three times now, the most recent being this past tuesday.
She was telling me how she had an appointment at the doctors to go over some test results.

At the end of our appointment, I asked her if she wanted to kick a soccer ball around (she used to play before she got diagnosed) sometime, and she seemed enthusiastic about it.

So i email her thursday (day after her doctors appointment), and ask her if she had any luck with the results, and that since its a holiday today (friday), if she wanted to go kick a ball around or something.

This morning (friday) she emails me back with this:
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Thanks for checking in - I actually got pretty much the worst news I could get from the results (the word worst is relative to the condition, I'm not dying I don't think!). But I have pretty much been given the red flag until my appointment this upcoming week as my levels are the lowest they've ever been.

So on my behalf please show that soccer ball who's boss and once I have been poked, prodded and given my course of action I hope to be able to join in.

Enjoy your day off and have a great Easter!

I'm not sure how to take this. Did she turn me down? I'm thinking that if she really wanted to see me, she would suggest something else to do. Or maybe she just wants to hang tight until her appointment next week?

Any advice would be appreciated
02 M3 E46 Vert Phoenix Yellow 6MT (21k miles), VF Stage 2, Evolve tuned 486whp 328wtq (SAE), Evosport Headers, CPI RT, RE El Diablo (Ti 80mmX4) & SSK & Racebrace, TCK S/A & LCAs, H&R Sways, Vorshlag M-Force CPs, Mirror Gauges, Stoptech BBK, RAC RG63s 18" Anthracite, Michelin PS3s 255/40/18 285/35/18

06 M3 E46 ZCP Silver Grey 6MT, Evolve tuned 305whp 244wtq (SAE), RE SSK, AEs, RB front bbk, 245/35/19 275/30/19, 13.2@104 1.94 60' (stock 285whp)
bluewater87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
You will know the answer if you hear from her again.

Hint: Don't contact her.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
KieranG

My Ride: 2000 323i
Just keep in mind that if she does in fact turn you down (not saying she is, I think its too early to tell) it may be because she wants to keep the relationship strictly professional - after all you are a customer. Good luck!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
bluewater87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KieranG View Post
Just keep in mind that if she does in fact turn you down (not saying she is, I think its too early to tell) it may be because she wants to keep the relationship strictly professional - after all you are a customer. Good luck!
At the end of our appointment, she was showing me some pictures on her facebook of when she was younger. She said she used to be a bit chubby, so she was showing me.
At the beginning of the appointment, I showed her a picture of me in my kilt. (She wanted to see what it looked like at the previous appointment, but we forgot).

So you may be right, but if it was strictly professional, would she have still shown me her facebook pics?
02 M3 E46 Vert Phoenix Yellow 6MT (21k miles), VF Stage 2, Evolve tuned 486whp 328wtq (SAE), Evosport Headers, CPI RT, RE El Diablo (Ti 80mmX4) & SSK & Racebrace, TCK S/A & LCAs, H&R Sways, Vorshlag M-Force CPs, Mirror Gauges, Stoptech BBK, RAC RG63s 18" Anthracite, Michelin PS3s 255/40/18 285/35/18

06 M3 E46 ZCP Silver Grey 6MT, Evolve tuned 305whp 244wtq (SAE), RE SSK, AEs, RB front bbk, 245/35/19 275/30/19, 13.2@104 1.94 60' (stock 285whp)

Last edited by bluewater87; 04-18-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brevik View Post
You will know the answer if you hear from her again.

Hint: Don't contact her.
Good answer right here.

All you can do is chill and see what happens. Don't seem overly enthusiastic this early. Show a little distance. Cancel you next appointment on purpose then schedule one last minute and "surprise" her.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
bluewater87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Good answer right here.

All you can do is chill and see what happens. Don't seem overly enthusiastic this early. Show a little distance. Cancel you next appointment on purpose then schedule one last minute and "surprise" her.
I don't schedule appointments in advance, i just call and usually get in the next day or so. Been going about every three weeks.
I guess for now I'll just wait it out and see if she contacts me.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater87 View Post
I don't schedule appointments in advance, i just call and usually get in the next day or so. Been going about every three weeks.
I guess for now I'll just wait it out and see if she contacts me.
so schedule one and cancel day of as long as you wont be charged
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #8
KieranG

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
At the end of our appointment, she was showing me some pictures on her facebook of when she was younger. She said she used to be a bit chubby, so she was showing me.
At the beginning of the appointment, I showed her a picture of me in my kilt. (She wanted to see what it looked like at the previous appointment, but we forgot).
So you may be right, but if it was strictly professional, would she have still shown me her facebook pics?
It all depends on her idea of "professional." For example, maybe she would show you pictures, but is hesitant about seeing you outside of the office because that is a whole different level of the relationship. Then again, I don't know her at all so I could just be way off.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #9
bluewater87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
so schedule one and cancel day of as long as you wont be charged
If i don't hear from her next week, I might do that.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #10
Ynot

My Ride: 997
She is dying and she's trying to spare you the sadness.

but seriously, if she is interested, she'll text you back in a week. Girls could smell desperation from miles away and it's a turnoff. Be patient grasshopper.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #11
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Umm...other side of this is that she got pretty big life changing news about whatever disorder she has and wants some space and/or doesn't want to die if she gets hit by a soccer ball.

Based on her email I don't think she turned you down more so just didn't want to do soccer. Maybe wait until mid next week ask her to something not as physical since she obviously can't do it? If she blows that off too then she's probably not interested and you should move on.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #12
IFX

My Ride: AW //M
she may just not be in the mood for the relationship. could be that simple. she doesn't want to set herself up, or you for failure.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #13
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
or she could just be stressed about her test results and she'll take you up on a rain check later.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Umm...other side of this is that she got pretty big life changing news about whatever disorder she has and wants some space and/or doesn't want to die if she gets hit by a soccer ball.

Based on her email I don't think she turned you down more so just didn't want to do soccer. Maybe wait until mid next week ask her to something not as physical since she obviously can't do it? If she blows that off too then she's probably not interested and you should move on.
I actually agree with this.

Quote:

She got diagnosed with some blood disorder a couple years back. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but she says the doctors say she shouldn't play any sports, as if she were to get for example hit by the ball or hurt, things could go badly.

At the end of our appointment, I asked her if she wanted to kick a soccer ball around (she used to play before she got diagnosed) sometime, and she seemed enthusiastic about it.
ummmm, lol

The girl told you some pretty personal stuff about her disorder and that she really couldn't risk play sports and you ask her out to go play soccer
Old 04-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #15
bluewater87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
The girl told you some pretty personal stuff about her disorder and that she really couldn't risk play sports and you ask her out to go play soccer
Playing soccer is a lot different than passing a ball around...

I did say kick a ball around or something, thinking that she could suggest something if she'd prefer.

Hey,
Any luck with your test results yesterday? I've got tomorrow off, you want to go kick a ball around or something?

Old 04-20-2014, 01:27 AM   #16
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Just busting your balls a little.......

but still.....

Last edited by cd330; 04-20-2014 at 01:28 AM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:34 AM   #17
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
I think you should follow up with "well, the offer still stands. you are welcome to play w/ my balls whenever you'd like"
Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 AM   #18
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: Ghey Mobile
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
She could be thinking:

1) You are not a good listener (for asking her to kick a ball around after she said she couldn't play any sports)
2) She needs some space given that she got some pretty bad news recently (you being there for her is good, but have to play your cards right so you don't end up in the friend zone)
3) She is not interested
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #19
danwilz

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert 2012 X5
Sounds like she has a low platelet count, until it goes up she can get bruised or hurt easily. Could be inherited or possible immune system disorder.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #20
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
No, you didn't get turned down. Like the guy above me said, it sounds like she has a hematological disorder that involves low platelets or low clotting factors. Either way, bleeding is more than just a concern and since you know she has a blood disorder history, it doesn't sound like a random excuse that she pulled out of her butt. She just can't play soccer, at least ATM.

But if she can't play soccer, does that mean she can't fvck either?

Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 04-20-2014 at 11:48 PM.
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote