E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 AM   #1
GeorgeGG

My Ride: 323
MS45 help needed

Is anybody here capable to help find injector scaling maps in MS45 ecu?

thanks in advance
GeorgeGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #2
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Isnīt there a damos flying around? I guess it should be doable.

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeGG View Post
Is anybody here capable to help find injector scaling maps in MS45 ecu?

thanks in advance
Aren't you running a stand-alone ECU?
PEI330Ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
diablorojo

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Ms45 is no good for programming, i have been through 3 piggy backs, 5 tuners, and had to give in to the MS43 swap, which is proving to be a PIA because the harness connectors are not the same (more than just the o2 sensors as once believed). My car has been down for 2 years with a built engine but no effective engine management.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #5
GeorgeGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
Aren't you running a stand-alone ECU?
not on my car
we have some project car that will keep stock ecu in place on FI.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:31 AM   #6
GeorgeGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablorojo View Post
Ms45 is no good for programming, i have been through 3 piggy backs, 5 tuners, and had to give in to the MS43 swap, which is proving to be a PIA because the harness connectors are not the same (more than just the o2 sensors as once believed). My car has been down for 2 years with a built engine but no effective engine management.
why didnt you switch to Standalone?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #7
diablorojo

First concern was trying to find a great tuner that could work not only with the standalone I would choose, but also be familiar with BWM. I have a huge concern that I will purchase a standalone and no one will know how to tune it from scratch. The second concern was the price, 4k for a system that may or may not work in a huge concern of mine. I was assured that each piggy back I purchased would work (non-did), so I don't want the same outcome at 4x the cost. If I could find a tuner in Houston that was capable and reputable, I would commit to it hands down. Third concern was functionality, I want to maintain ALL the factory comforts....

I would love to go ProEFI to run e85, but even when I called them I was told they did not have a system for my vehicle. So it would take a lot of time to get the genetic system calibrated.

MPower here in Houston have spent a lot of time on the car trying various solutions. I'm considering having them put the car back together and finding an expert at one of these standalones.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #8
mdrobnak

My Ride: 04 330i SMG TT STG1
The MoTeC M130 will work, but it's a bit of an investment. Nothing beats it's flexibility, however. The MS43 swap should work well for the lowest cost out of pocket. That will need a full engine harness and O2 sensors.

2004 330i with Technique Tuning Stage 1 Kit, South Bend Stage 3 Clutch, 8.5 PSI / 309RWHP on a Superflow
First SSG MoTeC M150 Powered 330
Formerly First SSG ProEFI Powered 330
mdrobnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
GeorgeGG

Quote:
First concern was trying to find a great tuner that could work not only with the standalone I would choose, but also be familiar with BWM. I have a huge concern that I will purchase a standalone and no one will know how to tune it from scratch. The second concern was the price, 4k for a system that may or may not work in a huge concern of mine. I was assured that each piggy back I purchased would work (non-did), so I don't want the same outcome at 4x the cost. If I could find a tuner in Houston that was capable and reputable, I would commit to it hands down. Third concern was functionality, I want to maintain ALL the factory comforts....

I would love to go ProEFI to run e85, but even when I called them I was told they did not have a system for my vehicle. So it would take a lot of time to get the genetic system calibrated.

MPower here in Houston have spent a lot of time on the car trying various solutions. I'm considering having them put the car back together and finding an expert at one of these standalones.
i love Vipec and its capabilities.
i was really lazy to hassle with dual vanos and stock stuff as i run car more for race and fun purpose but anyways Vipec i88 is the ECU that i would recommend to go for. we ran them on many different applications like a 2013 Nissan Patrol, E46 M3, Evo, STI etc.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #10
diablorojo

This MS43 harness differs by more than o2 sensors, the alternator plug and knock sensors are also different. Mechanic doesn't want to cut the wires so it's taking quite a bit of time. They have have spent so much time on my car that they now work on it in their down time.

The problem is I don't have the tuning expertise like u guys. Maybe it's time to educate myself on tuning...smh
Old 07-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #11
diablorojo

Now I have several files from ess and from active auto, if I load them to the MS43 ECU, will the files be compatible? We had the MS43 ECU recalibrated with my vin...but will the files load? I still have my Map3 ECU that should work to manipulate the MS43...hopefully....
Old 07-15-2014, 12:22 AM   #12
daniel_f.

MS45 files or MS43 files? MS45 full read is 1024kb whereas MS43 is 512kb. So i definately wouldnīt try to flash a file from a MS45 to a MS43, i canīt even remember of any software accepting that approach.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:48 AM   #13
dstyman5

My Ride: 330ci
http://www.bmweditor.com/Home/Product

finally, software for tuners, now time to start open source tuning.
dstyman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #14
mdrobnak

My Ride: 04 330i SMG TT STG1
Oh man, that reminds me of the Autologic days for Fords...'tuning' was there, but missing so much.

MS43 and MS45 aren't even the same CPU architecture. One is useless for the other.

2004 330i with Technique Tuning Stage 1 Kit, South Bend Stage 3 Clutch, 8.5 PSI / 309RWHP on a Superflow
First SSG MoTeC M150 Powered 330
Formerly First SSG ProEFI Powered 330
mdrobnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #15
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstyman5 View Post

finally, software for tuners, now time to start open source tuning.

What the hell is this ? Seems really cheap, can it do "Everything", or does it have major limitations. For example, could someone with MS43 buy an Ebay turbo (please no Ebay turbo jokes) and successfully get it "tuned" using just this software ?

Curious,
Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind" M54 CAMS 264/252 $849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #16
daniel_f.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
What the hell is this ? Seems really cheap, can it do "Everything", or does it have major limitations. For example, could someone with MS43 buy an Ebay turbo (please no Ebay turbo jokes) and successfully get it "tuned" using just this software ?

Curious,
Rob43
Well, i donīt think James aka smooth1 build in major limitations

Old 07-16-2014, 12:54 AM   #17
diablorojo

So all my current tune files from the MS45 are useless. I even have the prototype ESS TS3 tune that did not work for me. Guess I have to use the piggyback and start from scratch or request the TS3 file for the MS43 from ESS. Gonna have to see how the file does with the larger throttle body and more aggressive cam

It seems as if the people with TS3 on MS43 have been pleased, but I don't know how that tune will react to me drawing more air

I understand the concepts of AFR and optimal ranges, I even have a good idea about timing....but where do I begin to learn the tuning game? Getting the feeling I'm gonna have to learn for myself and learn quick!!!

Especially because I found a larger supercharger that bolts right up, produces a third more air. I feel like that with this larger throttle body should set some serious records and that's where I am now going if I can learn to tune....

Anybody putting on a workshop?!?
Old 07-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #18
diablorojo

Just to clarify, the tunes are not bad, IRS that the ECU is too smart. The tunes will work for one pull, but then the ECU compensates and configures to adjust back to factory specs. Doesn't matter how much fuel or timing u pull, it will eventually compensate and take u back to square one.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #19
Rob43
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
Well, i donīt think James aka smooth1 build in major limitations
Are these links both from James, aka "smooth1" ?

http://bimmersoftware.com/

Rob43

Quote:
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:28 AM   #20
Rob43
OEM ///Member

Quote:
So all my current tune files from the MS45 are useless. I even have the prototype ESS TS3 tune that did not work for me. Guess I have to use the piggyback and start from scratch or request the TS3 file for the MS43 from ESS. Gonna have to see how the file does with the larger throttle body and more aggressive cam

It seems as if the people with TS3 on MS43 have been pleased, but I don't know how that tune will react to me drawing more air

I understand the concepts of AFR and optimal ranges, I even have a good idea about timing....but where do I begin to learn the tuning game? Getting the feeling I'm gonna have to learn for myself and learn quick!!!

Especially because I found a larger supercharger that bolts right up, produces a third more air. I feel like that with this larger throttle body should set some serious records and that's where I am now going if I can learn to tune....

Anybody putting on a workshop?!?

Buy this book on Amazon for about $17 dollars, also I'm pretty sure the author Greg Banish does put on seminars.

http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Managem...u+tuning+books

Rob43

Quote: