E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #1
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
before you rage

Before you rage... if your in a parking lot and a BMW gets to a parking place first.
Before you try to ram that BMW's door with your mini van.
Before you jump out and demand the driver to back out of "your" parking spot.

PLEASE, look for the glock sticker in the window and the gun related plates, check the back seat....notice the 2 year old? then let it process.... you are probably about to grab the door handle of a asshole with an complex who is armed to the teeth and views your life with little reguard.

Enjoy the pictures of my face and plates, have fun finding me on google.... know that you came very close...

NEVER confront somebody that you dont know after sliding your van to a stop next to to there door, might not want to bum rush there window with your chest puffed out. You got very lucky that you never made it inside my car.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #2
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:50 AM   #3
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
People seriously don't get this shit. I get people calling in driving complaints where they follow people and try to confront people, and it never dawns on them that they may be following the wrong person.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:44 AM   #4
tailo

This is not the first time i had some bitch come to my door. Had a girl flip out years ago after a lane change. I had plenty of room but she flipped and came after me at the next light. Had her hand on my door handle but changed her mind real quick when she looked down the barrel of my pistol. That one called the cops on me but i evaded them. I would have loved to heard her excuse of being out of her car at a stop light. I probably over reacted the first time but who knows what crazys are out there.

Trying to drag me out of a car is my line in the sand. I would have loved to have pointed out a few things and let known to the world then and there what a dumb idea that was by using words but at the time seeing as the resort i am staying at right now is extreamy anti gun i really dont want a small snafuu with my pocket pistol to lead to the discovery of my trunk guns, body armor, and what basically equates to all the gear i would need to leave the green zone. I really dont want to be on cnn.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I've had someone follow me for 45 minutes after I apparently cut them off. That was the longest trip home from the grocery store ever. I sure as hell wasn't going home with some jackass flashing brights and following me. They yelled at me at a stoplight when it became more than apparent I was just driving in circles around the same block.

idiot.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
erickonphoenix

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
You're not really an expert level aggressive driver until you're pumping gas at a service station and people roll up next to you and yell, "you drive like a f*%ing A$$hole".
erickonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
tailo

Try driving around orlando, i thought it was standard opspec. The other day i was in a 55 zone and everybody was going 90 with a few passing me.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #8
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Tbf, that's exactly what SOP in Orlando is. The highways in FL are really under-policed. They won't touch you unless you're more than 15 over and even then, it's 50/50. 90+ and you're I'm their sights.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #9
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Tbf, that's exactly what SOP in Orlando is. The highways in FL are really under-policed. They won't touch you unless you're more than 15 over and even then, it's 50/50. 90+ and you're I'm their sights.
Save for a few areas....

At least once a month i do something minuscule on the road and have someone react very poorly to it with many words, gestures, throwing things, etc... I always wonder if at any point during or hours after they think that their actions were stupid and could have gotten them shot if the person they were gesturing to was as unstable as they are.

I'm really fair on the road. It's your lane as much as it is mine. I let people in traffic, i simply wait until someone clears the lane rather than pushing them. But when they are out of my way, i'm typically gone and have not a fuck to give when passing them. I don't even look at them. But some of those people must be very easily offended as some times i'll catch a light and they'll end up next to me spewing all kinds of adult language at me. I typically just put up the windows so i can watch them with out them knowing it.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise to find out that people really are stupid. But sometimes it still does.

It was actually a traffic incident that brought me into the world of guns and CCW back in 1994.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #10
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Depends on the day and your luck. The other day I saw 8 cops within 30 mins on the East West Expressway. 6 had people pulled over.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #11
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
Depends on the day and your luck. The other day I saw 8 cops within 30 mins on the East West Expressway. 6 had people pulled over.
I4 in Orlando is definitely tough some days. North of Orlando or south of Champions gate all the way to Tampa isn't too bad most days.

I95 is basically empty of police on most days, at least in certain areas. The stretch from Jax to Daytona has like 5-6 locations they may choose to sit at on a given day. if they aren't in those areas, they aren't there at all 99% of the time.

Last edited by david05111; 05-01-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #12
Reedo302

In my early years I got a lot of pissed off people following me. Once I got veteran plates, people generally stopped.
Had a guy on Wednesday ride my ass into the BP gas station (only place a/ 93 octane) and then have to dive bomb his brakes to avoid rear ending me when I stopped abruptly in front of the pump. I could see the scowl on his face. He pulled up next to the store and immediately got out and looked at me. Unfortunately this was about 2 minutes after I left the gym. I got out and stared at him and he abruptly averted his gaze, turned and ran into the store. He came out with a pack of cigs and ran to his car. He refused to even look in my direction.

I think some people have short bursts where they lose their mind and some people are fortunate enough to have a moment of clarity before doing something really stupid. Occasionally someone shits their brain out of their ass and decides that they're gonna go full retard. Sounds like Tailo is a Full Retard magnet.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 05-01-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
What we really want to know is whether you stole their spot or not?

Not gonna lie I've had that done to me a few times, and once in college I raged so hard I started to get out of my car. I had been waiting at least a minute for the spot and the cvnt just rolled up and dove in. After she pulled in, she looked back and saw me furiously taking off my seatbelt while opening my door and she promptly backed out and apologized. In retrospect it was pretty hilarious and embarrassing for her, since it happened in full view of a crowd outside a restaurant.

The last few people that have tried to run me off the road were women, really pisses me off to know that I'd ultimately be on the losing end of that confrontation regardless of the outcome. I could see the one woman getting on her phone and calling the cops on on AFTER she swerved at me 3 times. I just took the next exit off the freeway.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #14
Reedo302

The guy followed me into the gas station and all of the pumps were open on that side.

Sadly, probably 90% of people that call in driving complaints are women. Women are emotional drivers, and they're not reasonable when they feel slighted.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 05-02-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
The guy followed me into the gas station and all of the pumps were open on that side.

Sadly, probably 90% of people that call in driving complaints are women. Women are emotional drivers, and they're not reasonable when they feel slighted.
Come on now. You can't just call a spade a spade like that.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #16
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
^ Should have clarified, the question was directed to Tailo. Your incident was pretty clear

Agreed on the women and emotions....they also know they can get away with it.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #17
tailo

We rolled up on it about the same time, i beat her. He backed out and i followed him as he left. This place is nuts though, im in the magic kingdom right now and its been a down poor all day. People are shoving small kids, huge strollers plowing in to people, whats pissing mee off the most is the number of people who dont need but are riding around in electric wheel chairs they rented. Saw a mexican family on one yesterday. Two adults setting in one seat with two kids riding on the front...i guess if one can roll around a morbidly obease person they can half a couple skinny mexicans. Speaking of theres more mexicans down here than ever and for the most part they dont understand any english so they cant follow any rules in line. Cast members are constantly yelling at them for jumping barriers, was on the safari ride yesterday and the driver kept slamming on the brakes because they were setting there kids on the side of the trucks. Today a chubby looking woman came off the exit of space mtn and lifted her solid colored ponco up to get her new born out of one of those forward facing child carriers, fooled me, i never saw the kid until then. Its a wonder how that country has survived for all of theee years. Im not trying to be racist but disney needs more spanish speaking employees, atleast one at every loading dock.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #18
david05111

I'm with ya on that stuff tailo...us locals know how much of a nightmare "the most magical place in the world" can be. Truth of the matter is that the rest of the parks around there including Sea World and Universal aren't much better. At least at those two you don't have to deal with as many damn kids and their parents who think they're all angels...

Old 05-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #19
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Understood....but Glock stickers and gun stickers on your car also tend to get it broken into....just saying. Almost like putting an Alpine sticker on it or JBL one. Someone might think....hey, there might be a gun I can steal in this car. Lets rage on the glovebox, dash, and under the seats for it.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #20
tailo

Not to worried about that, ive got insurance. Had a mustang broken in to once, 8 year old system was taken with minor damage to the car. I ended up getting reacement value for compairable new equipment because mine was out of production. Ended up getting 5500, paid for my second machine gun lol i about crapped a brick when they gave me a check.