E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #41
rednerrus

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post

Hi rednerrus, the screws are on the top of the unit.

For the wifi cable, you can put it anywhere with good signal condition except on the metal object.

If your phone can support youtube video display, our unit can show it too. No need to add an additional cable since miracast it totally controlled by wifi antenna. Thanks!

If you can't use the miracast, pls kindly tell me the system version of your phones, thanks!
thanks. so its possible to miracast youtube and netflix?
is the wifi antenna necessary? i was able to miracast without installing the antenna, should i go ahead and install the antenna anyways?
rednerrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #42
M3SWEETNESS

My Ride: 2002 M3
Just placed an order 140500051226entg , looking forward to getting this installed!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #43
taveet330i

My Ride: Jet Black 2002 330i
Not happy with fedex at the moment

[bimmerapp]

Old 05-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #44
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednerrus View Post
is the wifi antenna necessary? i was able to miracast without installing the antenna, should i go ahead and install the antenna anyways?
Hi rednerrus, yes itís possible to miracast youtube & netflix too if your phone can be compatible with the miracast function of our unit.
Yes, you need to put the wifi antenna if place with good signal condition except on a metal object, so your phone and our unit will be linked for the miracast. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taveet330i View Post
Not happy with fedex at the moment

[bimmerapp]
Hi taveet330i, Iíve tracked your package too, seems it wonít take long time to arrive in your place now, just kindly wait for a while with patience. Great things deserve your waiting, thanks!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #45
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SWEETNESS View Post
Just placed an order 140500051226entg , looking forward to getting this installed!
Hi M3SWEETNESS, thanks for your order! Enjoy your unit soon, and welcome to share with us your reviews and pics then, thanks!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #46
taveet330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi rednerrus, yes itís possible to miracast youtube & netflix too if your phone can be compatible with the miracast function of our unit.
Yes, you need to put the wifi antenna if place with good signal condition except on a metal object, so your phone and our unit will be linked for the miracast. Thanks!

Hi taveet330i, Iíve tracked your package too, seems it wonít take long time to arrive in your place now, just kindly wait for a while with patience. Great things deserve your waiting, thanks!
Yeah I know that good things come to those who wait but I'm just so impatient! Can't wait to recieve it and get it installed!

[bimmerapp]

Old 05-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #47
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
If your phone supports Miracast(screen mirroring), what you see on your phones screen you'll see it on the unit screen!

FYI, you can't control anything from the unit side! meaning, if you want to switch videos or switch between apps, you have to do it on the phone side.

Quote:
wifi antenna should be connected to the unit for the miracast to be operable, people here had lots of issues with Miracast connectivity even when they connected the antenna, yours worked without

Paddle Shift Retrofit
Eonon GM5150/reverse camera
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #48
taveet330i

Unit arrived today Carlos. Left for out of town tonight and I will install it when I get back tomorrow night. Thanks for the help bud

[bimmerapp]

Old 05-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #49
rednerrus

I tried to run igo primo on the unit, i got the maps to load, but im not getting gps signal what's the problem? the gps antenna is installed.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #50
taveet330i

Quote:
I tried to run igo primo on the unit, i got the maps to load, but im not getting gps signal what's the problem? the gps antenna is installed.
Hmm, make sure you are out of your garage and on the roads. Buildings and structures do restrict your gps signal. Where is the antenna mounted?

[bimmerapp]

Old 05-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #51
rednerrus

Quote:
Hmm, make sure you are out of your garage and on the roads. Buildings and structures do restrict your gps signal. Where is the antenna mounted?

[bimmerapp]
yes i got out of the garage and drove around the block, but could not get gps signal. my antenna is mounted on the dashboard on the passenger side.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #52
rednerrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 891CARLOS View Post
If your phone supports Miracast(screen mirroring), what you see on your phones screen you'll see it on the unit screen!

FYI, you can't control anything from the unit side! meaning, if you want to switch videos or switch between apps, you have to do it on the phone side.

wifi antenna should be connected to the unit for the miracast to be operable, people here had lots of issues with Miracast connectivity even when they connected the antenna, yours worked without

yes miracast worked without the antenna. but i installed it now.

i understand the whole concept of miracast and that only some phones have the feature, my question was if its possible to miracast youtube and netflix. because i haven't seen anyone do it, ive only seen people miracast games and pics and videos on their phone. never youtube and netflix.

i tried to play a youtube a couple times and the video took forever to play, and i eventually just stopped it.

i tried playing a youtube video using an iphone via dnla and an android phone via miracast.
i was already mirroring the phones both times so yes the phones and os are compatible with dnla and miracast.

so the question remains, is it possible to mirror youtube and netflix, has anyone here actually done it?

Last edited by rednerrus; 05-24-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #53
taveet330i

Quote:
yes i got out of the garage and drove around the block, but could not get gps signal. my antenna is mounted on the dashboard on the passenger side.
That's a bit weird. I'm installing mine tonight so when I do I will post and see if it works. Normally it should grab the signal

[bimmerapp]

Old 05-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #54
taveet330i

Just opened up my box. Anyone know what the double sided foam tape thing is for? Gps antenna?

[bimmerapp]

Old 05-25-2014, 01:58 AM   #55
xXortizXx

My Ride: 2000 323i sedan
Installed my unit yesterday and have been playing around with it for a few hours today so ill post a quick review:

installation was straightforward enough, I mounted the gps antenna by the passenger front A pillar and cut the velcro supplied to hold it in place (all wiring tucked nicely and you can not see any of it). the external mic I put inside the sunroof switch panel on top of the grill on the right side (again wiring tucked nicely and nothing is visible).

so far so good, almost all of the features were functional out of the box (I used igo gps and it works great) iPod, usb and bluetooth worked great as well (pretty clear call reception and I could be heard clearly). the biggest issue I ran into was the well documented radio reception, mine was crap.

So I went out to canadian tire today and bought a "universal radio adaptor kit" which essentially was 2 spiders full of different connectors. I connected one end into the unit and the other into the BIGGER wire from the car (ie. not the small radio adaptor that it is supposed to connect to) and all of a sudden I had a clear radio. Toss that terrible adaptor they give you right out the window lol. Id say this fix is about 85% as good reception wise as OEM was before (a couple random static moments.. nothing major). so I cut off all the other connectors to reduce space and reinstalled the unit. which is now fully functional.

in short:

Pros:
massive upgrade over stock, most features work great out of the box with the exception of FM radio
clean OEM look
very nice UI and touchscreen

Cons:
RADIO!

no previous menu type button as far as I can tell in iPod mode so you have to go all the way back to the main list. aka. when you view an artist you have to go back to the menu that lists playlists, all songs, artists etc instead of going back to the artist list right away

when you get a call it will just show a number rather than the persons name, lacks proper caller id

overall 8/10 from me. very happy with my purchase a firmware update to address those 2 UI quirks would be great!
Old 05-25-2014, 02:08 AM   #56
Tampa330i

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Eonon,

Is the samsung galaxy s2 compatible with screen sharing on the gm5150?
Tampa330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #57
taveet330i

Got mine installed today. Love the unit. I will post a detailed review in the coming days. I couldn't get igo 8 to run because I need the .exe file for It so I need to tinker with that for a bit.
I don't like how the contacts aren't displayed in alphabetical order. Makes it hard to find a single person,
But overall I'm very satisfied with the unit, cleans up the sound quality quite a bit over my old business cd unit. Thanks Eonon!

[bimmerapp]

Old 05-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #58
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Just opened up my box. Anyone know what the double sided foam tape thing is for? Gps antenna?

[bimmerapp]
Hi taveet330i, not sure what you refer to, youíd better PM me with a picture, so that I can check for you, thanks!

Quote:
Got mine installed today. Love the unit. I will post a detailed review in the coming days. I couldn't get igo 8 to run because I need the .exe file for It so I need to tinker with that for a bit.
I don't like how the contacts aren't displayed in alphabetical order. Makes it hard to find a single person,
But overall I'm very satisfied with the unit, cleans up the sound quality quite a bit over my old business cd unit. Thanks Eonon!

[bimmerapp]
taveet330i, glad to hear you love our unit! Look forward to your detailed review and pics soon! And welcome to share on our webpage and facebook too, thanks a lot!
Old 05-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #59
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXortizXx View Post
Installed my unit yesterday and have been playing around with it for a few hours today so ill post a quick review:

installation was straightforward enough, I mounted the gps antenna by the passenger front A pillar and cut the velcro supplied to hold it in place (all wiring tucked nicely and you can not see any of it). the external mic I put inside the sunroof switch panel on top of the grill on the right side (again wiring tucked nicely and nothing is visible).

so far so good, almost all of the features were functional out of the box (I used igo gps and it works great) iPod, usb and bluetooth worked great as well (pretty clear call reception and I could be heard clearly). the biggest issue I ran into was the well documented radio reception, mine was crap.

So I went out to canadian tire today and bought a "universal radio adaptor kit" which essentially was 2 spiders full of different connectors. I connected one end into the unit and the other into the BIGGER wire from the car (ie. not the small radio adaptor that it is supposed to connect to) and all of a sudden I had a clear radio. Toss that terrible adaptor they give you right out the window lol. Id say this fix is about 85% as good reception wise as OEM was before (a couple random static moments.. nothing major). so I cut off all the other connectors to reduce space and reinstalled the unit. which is now fully functional.

in short:

Pros:
massive upgrade over stock, most features work great out of the box with the exception of FM radio
clean OEM look
very nice UI and touchscreen

Cons:
RADIO!

no previous menu type button as far as I can tell in iPod mode so you have to go all the way back to the main list. aka. when you view an artist you have to go back to the menu that lists playlists, all songs, artists etc instead of going back to the artist list right away

when you get a call it will just show a number rather than the persons name, lacks proper caller id

overall 8/10 from me. very happy with my purchase a firmware update to address those 2 UI quirks would be great!
Hi xXortizXx, thanks for your review! Good to see you like our unit! About your 2 UI requests, our unit is designed in this way currently.

But Iíll reflect your suggestions to our R&D to see if they can realize them in the future. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #60
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
Eonon,

Is the samsung galaxy s2 compatible with screen sharing on the gm5150?
Hi Tampa330i, the samsung galaxy s2 doesn't have the miracast function so that it can't realize the full screen mirroring function. But it suppport the DLNA, which can sync any videos, music, pics from your phone to our unit easily. Also quite convenient to use!

Would you like to join our group buy and save too?
Here is the GM5150 group buy link with discount, welcome to buy it directly!
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...W/GM5150T.html