E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Wrapped In Matte Bronze : Installation Time Lapse Video

21K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  2000_328CI 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's the time lapse video of the installation of the wrap. Done by Designer Wraps of Millville, NJ over the course of about three weeks. Panels removed for installation and "edges" are near perfect.

Car will next be on display at: Panda Junction, Hyperfest, OC Car Show, MPACT, ImportFest in Canada, and Bimmerfest East.

Installation : Designer Wraps, NJ ( http://www.designerwraps.com/ )
Vinyl : Arlon Graphics ( http://www.arlon.com/ )
Finished Photoshoot : KC Image ( http://www.kcimage.net/ )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-61O6H6Yh4

Hope you like it. Thanks for watching and hope everyone is well around these parts :hi:

#9 ·
Thanks for the kind words. Typical wraps will run anywhere from 1500-5000 depending on the level of work you want. If you're looking for them to wrap just the exterior, it will usually be between 2-3 and a "full wrap" where they remove doors, bumpers, hood, etc to cover every inch will usually run 3-5 depending on the shop/color/material, etc...

One final shot of the finish

#11 ·
Timeless Motor Group will be on display at MPACT along with my bronze, boosted E46, a widebody E60 M5, the Vorsteiner GTRS3 E90 M3, a stage 3 boosted E46 drop top, and a few other toys. Definitely make it out to MPACT this weekend! :hi:

#19 ·
Thanks for the kind words and I'm just doing my best to keep the 328Ci on the scene... to many cool 330s around these parts :)
Great video the color is very nice! I have one question though where did you get that rear bumper and diffuser? I have a 330ci I would like the dual exhaust but I don't want to try and imitate the M3.

Thanks in advance!
The rear bumper is from a company called SRS-Tec out of Germany. With the current exchange rate, these are actually much more affordable now : http://srs-tec.de/cars/BMW/E46:::4_15.html

The only considerations for you to include : 1) They don't make the diffuser in carbon. We did this as a custom project. 2) The quad exhaust setup was a huge PITA. The battery box sits right where the exhaust tips need to come out so I would suggest reading some of my prior posts on the topic in advance of your purchase (a few guys over the years tried to replicate it and ultimately gave up because of the headaches).

Nice ride! Nice pictures too! I really enjoyed how you showed it's progression in the video, great work.

In the video it appears you had carbon fiber wrap put onto the roof? That's what I am looking to do to try to hide the age spots :( Does the application require any special treatment to preserve the material or does it need reapplication every decade? Would you have a shot of the roof you can share?
The roof was done in matte black which ages just like the carbon look versions. You would definitely want to reapply new vinyl if the car sits outside regularly every couple years.. I think they advertise the life expectancy outdoors around 4-5 years.
any issues with it lifting ? my turbo bike is wrapped and i'm having issues in areas that have complex contours with it lifting. have thought about doing my car but i can't see spending that much and have the issues im having with the bike. looks sick tho man. love it
The only areas I'm experiencing lifting is on the mirrors where the black and bronze meet. The rest of it though appears fine more than 12 months later.
What the HECK!?! I didn't know you wrapped your car :drool: I'm glad I'm getting back into the forums
Well, I try to stop by here every now and then to respond to PMs and lurk through posts. As for the wrap, it surprised a lot of people in the show/car scene.. especially the color itself. Got some love/hate but, more than anything, got interest in it. It's very unique and unlike just about anything else we had seen (or continue to see). People doing wraps usually want matte white/black/grey or they want a very in your face color and go with something flashy/chrome whatever.. I wanted something I could envision BMW doing and simultaneously something outside the norm. This was a perfect middle ground and, to date, the closest factory option is the Mercedes bronze on the SLS but even this is more chocolate than bronze

#13 ·
Great video the color is very nice! I have one question though where did you get that rear bumper and diffuser? I have a 330ci I would like the dual exhaust but I don't want to try and imitate the M3.

Thanks in advance!

#14 ·
Nice ride! Nice pictures too! I really enjoyed how you showed it's progression in the video, great work.

In the video it appears you had carbon fiber wrap put onto the roof? That's what I am looking to do to try to hide the age spots :( Does the application require any special treatment to preserve the material or does it need reapplication every decade? Would you have a shot of the roof you can share?

#25 ·
Hood pins? As in AeroCatch or similar? If so, yes I don't have those as I used the factory spring tensioners seen in this pic (not my hood but to give an idea)

You can see the springs on either side of the hood and the "hood catch" in the middle.

Those tensioners go into the two holes on either side of the radiator.. you can see them here

I did NOT use a hood latch as the car is primarily used for show and it added an ugly visual..... in retrospect, I wish I had... not having one caused me to lose my hood when it was taken on a test drive by a mechanic who failed to make sure it was properly shut... as soon as he accelerated, the lightweight hood snapped back onto the windshield and into a thousand pieces :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.