E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 1.89 average. Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #21
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Hello. This thread sucks.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #22
bombhash

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I "grasp" your non-sequitur segue into boasting about your age and high level of education - lacking anything else of actual substance to say.

Anyone paying even slight attention can smell it like the stink from a dead water buffalo rotting in the sun.

Oook Hemingway.

Keep on trying, that cliche analogy is amateur at best.

No, "Grasp" that it's ridiculous. Complaining about minor grammar mistakes while im on my phone in a car forum. Basically, I'm just getting my point across because youre being a jackass. My so called "boasting" is me not taking your guff, so deal.

Anyways, Yeah i might just have to grab something like an S4 to hold me over. Do an engine swap myself and know the potential pitfalls of my car. Thats the biggest problem I have with just buying one.

Last edited by bombhash; 06-01-2014 at 11:38 PM.
bombhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #23
Alan

My Ride: 2006 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombhash View Post
Oook Hemingway.

Keep on trying, that cliche analogy is amateur at best.

No, "Grasp" that it's ridiculous. Complaining about minor grammar mistakes while im on my phone in a car forum. Basically, I'm just getting my point across because youre being a jackass. My so called "boasting" is me not taking your guff, so deal.

1. Unless I'm missing something - I haven't said anything about your grammar.

2. Your boasting is just that. Please go on telling me how much older you are than me - or how better educated you are. Tell me about it - and please be specific.

I'll quote you again for your ease of reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombhash
Possibly for the fact that I am probably more educated and possibly older than you, you'd really just be better to add something useful or explain your coupe fetish.

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #24
bombhash

Look "kid", I already **** on your english prose and it was done rather nicely IMO. So please , let it go. My boasting is not boasting at all. The words "possibly" negate me from being the all knowing, all truth bearer. It does not matter if you are older or smarter. You sounded like a clown, so you got treated like one.

Im 27, Computer Science/Tech, almost got my bachelors and a minor in engineering. Now, say something useful or leave please

Last edited by bombhash; 06-02-2014 at 06:39 PM.
bombhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #25
Alan

My Ride: 2006 M3
Quote:
Look "kid", I already **** on your english prose and it was done rather nicely IMO. So please , let it go. My boasting is not boasting at all. The words "possibly" negate me from being the all knowing, all truth bearer. It does not matter if you are older or smarter. You sounded like a clown, so you got treated like one.

Im 27, Computer Science/Tech, almost got my bachelors and a minor in engineering. Now, say something useful or leave please

Sure. I'm going to leave because you came here trying to do an S54 transplant into a sedan and demand that actual M3 owners to defend how a measly coupe could possibly be the equal of of your wet dream Franken-sedan.

Right.

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #26
choxor

Whoa, bro. He almost has a bachelors.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #27
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
Maybe buy an E36 M3 sedan. Did they sell them in the States?

Can't agree with your observations vis the sedan E46 having it over the coupe however. The sedan looks like a duty free store owners car. The coupe has balance. Lacks a little functionality but makes up for this almost immediately after you drive it. If looks i/o performance are your thing consider a lexus.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #28
phoopsta

My Ride: 02 330xi 3-pedal
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
Sedans have that ugly piece of trim that goes all away around the car which isn't clean at all. Especially when the trim is black. M3's aren't limited to coupes; a large portion of them are convertibles which have very clean lines. Even more so when verts are equipped with the hardtop since all 4 windows can roll down and there is no B pillar. It kind of reminds me of the Mercedes CL/CLK class. If you want a fast sedan then why waste time/money and do a whole engine swap or FI when you could get a B5 S4? Crank up the boost on them and it will be faster than any car with a stock S54 engine. Or just buy a legit E36 M3 sedan. How are you even going to have time to do an engine swap since "college doesn't even stop in the summer". Sounds like mommy and daddy are funding this build
I dont think the trim looks THAT bad. Not as dumb as some cars.

phoopsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #29
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopsta View Post
I dont think the trim looks THAT bad. Not as dumb as some cars.
It just makes it look dated, that's all. It's most defiantly not a bad looking car but when compared to the other variants, I probably would choose the coupe or convertible (since they're legit M cars). I think I had a gray 2004 sedan once, can't remember but it was really nice.

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Resonated Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ▄mnitiza Predator Orion V4 | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 5k HID| Painted Reflectors
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #30
phoopsta

My Ride: 02 330xi 3-pedal
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
It just makes it look dated, that's all. It's most defiantly not a bad looking car but when compared to the other variants, I probably would choose the coupe or convertible (since they're legit M cars). I think I had a gray 2004 sedan once, can't remember but it was really nice.
Im considering an m3! Not sure about convertible tho..

phoopsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #31
XKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopsta View Post
Im considering an m3! Not sure about convertible tho..
yea i wish it was a coupe instead lol. Couldn't be picky because I got it at a great price. The only thing it has going for it is the sound of that S54 with the top down

I'm defiantly going force injected to makeup for the extra weight +all of the potential weight reduction possible. I think the maxpsi stage 1 kit puts out around 477RWHP which will out perform mostly everything. My vert is faster than a stock coupe M3 so I guess that's a good thing

SGT catless headers

Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ▄mnitiza Predator Orion V4 | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 5k HID| Painted Reflectors

Last edited by XKR; 06-03-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #32
Tbone8ty

My Ride: 2003 330i
i love chrome trim

if your planning on doing an s54 engine swap into a sedan...go for it!.....but it takes alot of effort and money and time...and the reward will be awesome! however IMO your better of getting a used m3 for your time and money

Black 2003 BMW 330i 5-spd Sport Package

Last edited by Tbone8ty; 06-03-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Tbone8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #33
bombhash

Nahh the Vert is just lame, it makes it a 16 yr old cheerleader high school car. sorry not to hate but it just loses its appeal for me. is the sedan a bigger body? one would think it would be a bit longer.

i dont have the time to drop an s54 in, I need to find one for sale !!! help
Old 06-06-2014, 06:34 AM   #34
bombhash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Sure. I'm going to leave because you came here trying to do an S54 transplant into a sedan and demand that actual M3 owners to defend how a measly coupe could possibly be the equal of of your wet dream Franken-sedan.

Right.
yeah....? mmmk alan. bye bye
Old 06-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #35
Nelson
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Alpin wei▀ ///M
What has become of this forum.

///M
| eBay mod'ing sUUCks
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #36
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
What has become of this forum.
These cars are cheap to buy now, which brings in all kinds of people, good and bad. In this case, clearly bad.

Steer him to buy an Audi instead, let that forum have him.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #37
XKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
These cars are cheap to buy now, which brings in all kinds of people, good and bad. In this case, clearly bad.

Steer him to buy an Audi instead, let that forum have him.
The people on Audizine are pretty friendly and don't deserve that haha give him to the srt4 forums, he would totally fit

SGT catless headers

Old 06-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #38
63Mm

Quote:
Nahh the Vert is just lame, it makes it a 16 yr old cheerleader high school car. sorry not to hate but it just loses its appeal for me. is the sedan a bigger body? one would think it would be a bit longer.

i dont have the time to drop an s54 in, I need to find one for sale !!! help
As a vert owner how do I read those two comments as not hating? Your good intentions are fraught with back handed slaps. Why not go all the way and get a hatchback to go with the four doors? WRX STI perhaps? Mazda Speed3? 1984 K car wagon?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
63Mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #39
choxor

OP is a troll. Don't sweat it.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #40
silver tongue

My Ride: BMW M3
Yea if he is actually 27, he acts more like a high school cheerleader. Let him swap that s54 in a sedan and watch what happens when he pumps the brakes going 120 mph.
silver tongue is online now   Reply With Quote