E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 1.89 average. Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #41
iansevilla

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
E46 sedan Cleaner Lines than Coupe.....M3 problems!!

He shouldn't be making bad comments here in the e46 M3 forum. Yes, I second that. Let him do the S54 swap and see what happens. Lol

Last edited by iansevilla; 06-07-2014 at 04:18 AM.
iansevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #42
bombhash

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
These cars are cheap to buy now, which brings in all kinds of people, good and bad. In this case, clearly bad.

Steer him to buy an Audi instead, let that forum have him.
Oh calm down. No the problem with these cars now is that people forget these are luxury cars. Semi reliable,still pretty expensive to fix.Then they end up with a bmw that doesnt run and they call me. I just like the sedan body more.

This should be in the gen E46 forum. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Mm View Post
As a vert owner how do I read those two comments as not hating? Your good intentions are fraught with back handed slaps. Why not go all the way and get a hatchback to go with the four doors? WRX STI perhaps? Mazda Speed3? 1984 K car wagon?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Sorry but your vert is Wack Arnolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver tongue View Post
Yea if he is actually 27, he acts more like a high school cheerleader. Let him swap that s54 in a sedan and watch what happens when he pumps the brakes going 120 mph.
Yeeeaah ?? Mmmk . Is This forum is full of super sad middle aged men? Brosef, I lived in Northridge,CA, the only people i saw driving verts were teenage girls and mid-life crisis types. I'm sorry if this bothers you. Truly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansevilla View Post
He shouldn't be making bad comments here in the e46 M3 forum. Yes, I second that. Let him do the S54 swap and see what happens. Lol

Well I'm not just gonna swap out a 185 hp inline six with a 333hp inline six and call it a day. No **** sherlock. You guys have no faith. M3 forum is touchy too say the least.
Yikes.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #43
silver tongue

My Ride: BMW M3
It doesn't bother me because I have a coupe, but I have enough respect for people that choose a convertible not to go around calling them teenage cheerleaders. You on the other hand come here asking for people's advice while at the same time saying that everyone else's decisions are horrible for this reason or that and yet you don't even own a m3 but rather have some pipe dream about making a $30,000 e46 sedan m3 which we all know will never happen. So until you have pics of said pipe dream, GTFO!
silver tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #44
iansevilla

Very well said...thumbs up! Bow!

Old 06-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #45
Swater330i

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
+2
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSubie View Post
IMO, the euro clear corners looks too aftermarket/ricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
This 323 would most likely handle and drive better than a stock e46 m3.
Swater330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #46
Thekingarthur

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombhash View Post
Well I'm not just gonna swap out a 185 hp inline six with a 333hp inline six and call it a day. No **** sherlock. You guys have no faith. M3 forum is touchy too say the least.
Yikes.
It's pretty clear that you personally aren't going to swap out anything. Anyone asking if it can be done, obviously doesn't know how to do it themselves. There's a little more to this stuff than faith. Haven't you taken that course yet?

Unless you have mounds of cash to blow on this dream project, you might as well forget about it. It would be cheaper to buy a brand new BMW than to pay someone else to do this kind of work, and finding one for sale is not likely to happen.

Congrats on your successful achievement of almost acquiring a bachelors degree at the young age of 27! Out of curiosity, are you working on the accelerated (with summer courses) or just the regular 10 year program?
Thekingarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #47
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekingarthur View Post
It's pretty clear that you personally aren't going to swap out anything.
Agreed. He's already said a few times he is looking for a sedan with the swap already done.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #48
Tbone8ty

My Ride: 2003 330i
This thread isnt closed yet lol

Black 2003 BMW 330i 5-spd Sport Package
Tbone8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #49
lennon31987

My Ride: imolarot II M
Send a message via AIM to lennon31987
Quote:
Not a troll thread...

Honestly having trouble making decisions lately. Ha

Problem is, I think id rather have an S54 engine swap. The sedan to me, just look so much cleaner. It just has something more that you can't put into words that i feel a coupe is lacking.

Anybody agree? Lol. I know its an M3 forum so be cool but its just those damn coupes( especially chrome window trim Yuck!!)

Are good engine swaps hard to come by ??
what a stupid thread....hey pal M3s do not have chrome window trim.....smoke more chronic.

ILLm3 hates me cause im GGGOOODLOOKIIINN

seeking detailing perfection?
lennon31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #50
choxor

My Ride: JDM
As I stated before: this thread sucks. I stand by that assessment.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #51
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
I always get a kick out of the fact that the guys starting these threads and talking big are driving 323's.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:03 AM   #52
bombhash

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver tongue View Post
It doesn't bother me because I have a coupe, but I have enough respect for people that choose a convertible not to go around calling them teenage cheerleaders. You on the other hand come here asking for people's advice while at the same time saying that everyone else's decisions are horrible for this reason or that and yet you don't even own a m3 but rather have some pipe dream about making a $30,000 e46 sedan m3 which we all know will never happen. So until you have pics of said pipe dream, GTFO!
I doubt id have to spend 30k to do a swap into an E46 sedan. Dont quote me on that. Taking your assessment maybe this is why im looking for a SWAP ALREADY!! HOW MANY FREAKIN TIMES MUST I SAY THIS TO GUYS.
I dont have respect for people that just jump to conclusions, like you did. Again and again. So go drive a cheerleader car bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekingarthur View Post
It's pretty clear that you personally aren't going to swap out anything. Anyone asking if it can be done, obviously doesn't know how to do it themselves. There's a little more to this stuff than faith. Haven't you taken that course yet?

Unless you have mounds of cash to blow on this dream project, you might as well forget about it. It would be cheaper to buy a brand new BMW than to pay someone else to do this kind of work, and finding one for sale is not likely to happen.

Congrats on your successful achievement of almost acquiring a bachelors degree at the young age of 27! Out of curiosity, are you working on the accelerated (with summer courses) or just the regular 10 year program?
Yeah because everybody gets to go to school to get a bacheors degree?? What ridiculous world do you live in ?? Must be A priveleged M3 life you must live. GTFO!! I dont have time ya dummy. I mean do you even comprehend sentences correctly man ?? Go back and read, maybe you will understand I am at school with no garage,tools etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
I always get a kick out of the fact that the guys starting these threads and talking big are driving 323's.
Yeah i sound real big, real real big because i dont take guff from moronic dudes. Here: go back, read wgat has already been said and get off your high horse buddy. Ive been building T buckets for the last 15 years. Fixing everybodys bmw in the nieghborhood for the last six. Ive owned four Bmws , two being e36 m3's. So please spare me with the whole knowledge routine.

Anyways , close the thread mods. Most of you guys obviously are a bit smug and uptight about things. Which i really dont understand being an e46 forum. Oh wait, an "M3" forum. Pssh. Puhhhlease fellas. Youre not that cool. Geez

Last edited by bombhash; 06-11-2014 at 02:20 AM.
bombhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:22 AM   #53
iansevilla

E46 sedan Cleaner Lines than Coupe.....M3 problems!!

I think this guy is hoping that he can just swap a S54 motor on his sedan so he doesn't have to buy a ///M3 and sell his sedan. It's kinda funky when you try to show off a s54 motor in a sedan. Why don't you just buy the E36 ///M3 sport sedan and save you the headache. E36 ///M3 is also a great ride...I have a C36 AMG and it's a sport sedan...but, I still went for the E46 ///M3 :-) but if you really want to do a swap on your sedan. Go for it! Whatever makes you happy....that's all that matters. :-)Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1402471345.952493.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	561611

Last edited by iansevilla; 06-11-2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #54
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Still sucking.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #55
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
I love every thread involving this guy.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #56
Thekingarthur

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG Vert
Quote:
I doubt id have to spend 30k to do a swap into an E46 sedan. Dont quote me on that. Taking your assessment maybe this is why im looking for a SWAP ALREADY!! HOW MANY FREAKIN TIMES MUST I SAY THIS TO GUYS.
I dont have respect for people that just jump to conclusions, like you did. Again and again. So go drive a cheerleader car bud.
You most likely would have to spend that much. The cost of labor for something like this would be ridiculous, if you could even find someone to do the work for you, and parts wouldn't be cheap either. We know you said you're looking for a swap already done; how many times do people have to tell you to forget about it because you're not going to find one? You could probably count the number of times this has been done with only the fingers of your right hand. It's not common smart guy.

Quote:
Yeah because everybody gets to go to school to get a bacheors degree?? What ridiculous world do you live in ?? Must be A priveleged M3 life you must live. GTFO!! I dont have time ya dummy. I mean do you even comprehend sentences correctly man ?? Go back and read, maybe you will understand I am at school with no garage,tools etc.
Perhaps I could better understand your writing if it didn't appear to by typed on a phone by a 16 year old girl texting her friend. Look dude, it's great that you're getting your degree and all, but boasting about a mediocre in-progress undergrad degree at the age of 27 is retarded. People still in college at that age who have some right to boast a bit are called 'doctors'. They're working on their third degree, not their first. It's all good if you started college late for whatever reason, I did myself and so do many others; but just keep in mind that we're behind the majority of kids who start college right after high school so bragging about how smart and old you are when you haven't finished your first degree yet at 27 is pretty foolish.

Quote:
Yeah i sound real big, real real big because i dont take guff from moronic dudes. Here: go back, read wgat has already been said and get off your high horse buddy. Ive been building T buckets for the last 15 years. Fixing everybodys bmw in the nieghborhood for the last six. Ive owned four Bmws , two being e36 m3's. So please spare me with the whole knowledge routine.
Nobody cares.

Quote:
Anyways , close the thread mods. Most of you guys obviously are a bit smug and uptight about things. Which i really dont understand being an e46 forum. Oh wait, an "M3" forum. Pssh. Puhhhlease fellas. Youre not that cool. Geez
Smug and uptight? You ask for advice, don't like what you hear, so you start disrespecting everyone; and you still expect a warm welcome after that? You're a sharp one. Welcome to the forums kid.
Thekingarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #57
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Been building t buckets for the last 15 years. That would make you 12 when you started. Pretty sure handing your daddy tools doesn't count for much.

Btw, being 27 and almost having a bachelors puts you way behind the curve. Especially in computer science. I graduated with a bachelors in CS when I was 23, got a good job before I graduated and am still there (I'm 25). I'm way ahead of you, and I'd still consider myself behind education wise. I'm sure you're happy with where you're at, but you need to take a look at where everyone else is also. The majority of the developers I know have masters degrees (and are younger than you)
Old 06-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #58
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
I have no education.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #59
DSilk56

My Ride: M-3 Convertible
There is a simple way to keep trolls off of these boards. Don't respond to their posts.
DSilk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #60
iansevilla

I guess no troubleshooting on this thread...haha