E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
The Navall 2 Unveiled 4.2.2 , 1.6GHZ 8GB Storage

Navall 2 with Android OS 4.2.2, 1.6GHZ, 8GB Built in Memory and 1GB Ram

[If you have a Navall 1 , And want to upgrade to this unit, contact me about a part Ex (trade Up) ]

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

For those of you that know us ! great
For those that WANT to know us better..........
Please read our introduction here
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...113&highlight=

We are pleased to announce our Navall 2 most up to date head unit currently available on the market today !
It includes the following specifications which i am sure most do not require alot of explanation but please feel free to ask away

This is a NOT prebooking , these are stock but going fast.

A Feature unique to our system.
Our Mic will support Skype , Google Now along with Bluetooth , take calls on Skype , or search for addresses, or points of interest or check the weather. You just speak into the Mic and the APP will bring the google map to the forefront and show you possible routing. this is safer as it reduces the time that your eyes are off the road.

Optional Accessories Available

Digital TV receivers
DVR (dash cameras)
Rear view cameras (Wired or wireless)
On Screen Tire pressure Monitors (TPMS)

This unit includes Airpin (Iphone/Ipod wireless Mirroring) as you can see in the videos below.
AirPlay is available on all devices running iOS 4.3 or later. Some features require the latest software. Second-generation Apple TV or later required.
AirPlay Mirroring is available with iPad 2 or later; iPad mini; iPhone 4s; iPhone 5; iPod touch (5th generation); and iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer) with Mountain Lion.
Dual-screen capability is available with iPad 2 or later, iPad mini, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation).

General Operations and Internet

Spotify

Soft Shutdown

PowerAmp
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

It's is possible to use steering wheels buttons with 3rd party apps (PowerAmp,Spotyfy,Pandora,etc). This brings the capability to change and a play/pause songs with the physical buttons of the front panel. It is an app that does not involve rooting the radio.

There's also a tool to change the DPI of the screen in the selected apps. This will make the interface look as a 1024x800 display. For instance, Spotify will have a look closer to the PC design showing more songs of the list at a time and more album covers in the browser. EVERY APP that looks bad and that is a pain to use in 800x480 will be fixed. It's called Xposed Framework and you can test it in your android phone.

Our units come rooted out of the box.

Some Menu change Examples that anyone can do

RDS is Now Saved as Station names

Ipod Interface with Playlists and Artists control

Last edited by RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com; 06-13-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

Reserved for Future Q & A and Updates
Old 06-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
tssgery

My Ride: 2011 Z4 35i
I got my unit today, thanks!

I took off work a little early and relocated the HVAC controls and prep-ed the car for the Navall 2.

I do have a question though. You sent me a 8pin mini din to iPhone 30 pin cord, which was very nice of you. I have a newer iPhone with a lightning plug though

I know I can get a lightning plug to 30 pin adapter for my phone but I was wondering what the difference would be between:
1) connecting my iphone through the 8pin mini din
and
2) connecting my iphone through one of the USB ports on the back of the unit?

I don't see any specifics about what functionality I get by connecting through the mini-din

If there would be no difference, I plan to add a USB port where one of the buttons in my HVAC relocation bracket would go. Then I can just use a standard usb-lightning cord for my phone.
tssgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #5
PancakeBimmer

My Ride: BMW 325i
Questions.

1. What were the reasons for installing 800x480 panel instead of something more modern like 1280x800 or even 1366x768?
2. What is the plan for software support? 4.2.2 is great, but 4.4.2 brings even more features. Not to mentioned optimizations and higher performance.
PancakeBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:55 AM   #6
J0se

My Ride: e46 coupe facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBimmer View Post
Questions.

1. What were the reasons for installing 800x480 panel instead of something more modern like 1280x800 or even 1366x768?
2. What is the plan for software support? 4.2.2 is great, but 4.4.2 brings even more features. Not to mentioned optimizations and higher performance.
LOL.

Why not a 4K/UHD resolution 7" display?

That would involve a bigger production cost and a higher final price you wouldn't even consider to pay for a head unit.

4.4.2 was released in December 2013. I'm pretty sure they didn't start to develop this unit in that date...you can't implement a SO that simply doesn't exist . Even with a premature version available, you want the most stable, the one that in fact you know works as it should in every way.

I would love to see 4.4.2 in this unit too. But this is a programmers task...maybe in the future.

Cheers
J0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:16 AM   #7
PancakeBimmer

My Ride: BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0se View Post
That would involve a bigger production cost and a higher final price you wouldn't even consider to pay for a head unit.
I would like to check the source where you got this information from.
PancakeBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #8
J0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBimmer View Post
I would like to check the source where you got this information from.

If you think that would not involve any further costs then I have nothing else to say
Old 06-07-2014, 03:46 AM   #9
Cabrio Bob

My Ride: E46 325Ci vert
there is the lost navall-2 thread again :-)

Sean, a question :
could you find out what the brightness (nits) and contrast (ratio) values are of the screen ?
For convertible drivers those are important specs.
If not, try to find out what lcd panel is used, we can google it ourselves.

p.s. for future developments, I would like to point to a faily new lcd panel on the market with near-sunlight-readable-specs with a nice resolution too :
KOE TX18D200VM0EAA (PDF)
size 7" 16:9
type : IPS
brightness 700nits
contrast ratio 800:1
resolution 1920x1080
interface LVDS

I would pay a significant amount of money if an android based head unit with such specifications would be released.

Last edited by Cabrio Bob; 06-07-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Cabrio Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #10
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Lets keep this on topic. Posts stripped.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #11
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio Bob View Post
there is the lost navall-2 thread again :-)

Sean, a question :
could you find out what the brightness (nits) and contrast (ratio) values are of the screen ?
For convertible drivers those are important specs.
If not, try to find out what lcd panel is used, we can google it ourselves.

p.s. for future developments, I would like to point to a faily new lcd panel on the market with near-sunlight-readable-specs with a nice resolution too :
KOE TX18D200VM0EAA (PDF)
size 7" 16:9
type : IPS
brightness 700nits
contrast ratio 800:1
resolution 1920x1080
interface LVDS

I would pay a significant amount of money if an android based head unit with such specifications would be released.
Sorry , Seems I missed something .
We had a little misunderstanding but its all Cleared up
Ill dig up that info

We installed one in a Convertible this past week. Ill ask if you can contact him directly or Ill send him a link to this thread if he wants to chime in.
that way you get an impartial opinion !
Old 06-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #12
ApoC_101

My Ride: pre-facelift E46
Impressive features and hardware/OS refresh, I'll keep an eye on this.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

Check out the Custom radio Menus that can be done on Post 2 of this thread
Old 06-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #14
tssgery

The skins for the radio look interesting. How do you change them?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #15
J0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by tssgery View Post
The skins for the radio look interesting. How do you change them?

by using Android Xposed Framework . You can create a new interface or implement others already finished.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #16
tssgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0se View Post
by using Android Xposed Framework . You can create a new interface or implement others already finished.

Cheers

Got it. I'll have to give it a whirl!

Old 06-12-2014, 04:14 AM   #17
delbap

My Ride: BWM E46 convertible
Hi Guys And Sean,

I'm quite new to this forum and I have been reading lots about the Navall units. I looked at great depths at tstaroveski's great review of the Navall 1 and decided that out of the huge volumes of E46 double din units out there this was to one for me and my E46 convertible.

As the time drew close for me to buy it the Navall 2 became available! FANTASTIC! I have now fully installed it thanks to tstaroveski's fantastic review and Sean's unwavering support and patience and I have to say that I am totally bowled over by it's performance so far. I am not as technical as a lot of people in this thread so my opinion is that of a laymen's view but in my opinion thus far anyone looking for a double din Sat Nav multimedia system for a E46 that does everything it say's on the tin then look no further.

I am waiting for my OBD2 unit to arrive before I post a full review of this unit with a few pictures, I don't plan to go into as much detail as tstaroveski did since most of what he already posted applies to both the Navall 1 and 2 but I will try to give details of my findings to try and help E46 owners with there decision making process since the market is flooded with loads of this type of unit, but so far after 6 days of it I have only one word to say! WOW!

Last edited by delbap; 06-12-2014 at 04:17 AM. Reason: forgot a detail which makes a difference
delbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #18
Jarrettm3

My Ride: m3
Glad to hear it!!! I will be getting my navall 2 shortly and cant wait to enjoy the same experience. I've been putting my faith in Sean and his units. Its been a little rocky but his units have the best potential and Sean doesn't leave you hangin. I recommend this unit to everyone.
I currently have the navall 1 and will be upgraded.
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #19
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

There are a few Updates on Post 2
Jatrrett, Lets get this going ! i am ready now !
Old 06-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #20
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Looks fab, Sean.
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw stereo, head unit, navall