E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #21
tssgery

My Ride: 2011 Z4 35i
All installed and running.

I put a USB/AUX in adapter where the cigarette lighter used to be. I also bought Poweramp and am in the process of configuring the home/dash the way I want it.

A few gratuitous pictures. Pardon the dirty car.

tssgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #22
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by tssgery View Post
All installed and running.

I put a USB/AUX in adapter where the cigarette lighter used to be. I also bought Poweramp and am in the process of configuring the home/dash the way I want it.

A few gratuitous pictures. Pardon the dirty car.

Very nice tss

thank you for sharing !

Sean
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #23
vamuch

My Ride: 2006 330CI
Great job-very nice!
vamuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #24
ePhan

My Ride: 99 323i & 04 325xi
Sean,

A couple of questions silly really.

I see the device comes rooted and w/ the xposed framework (Awesome!) do you know where the developer communicates the development of the unit? (XDA-DEVELOPERS.com? or AndroidAuthority?)

The TV Turner. Does it work in the US?

The DVR Cam that records in the deck. Is this the same from the 1st navall?

Another is can you send me details on the trade in option. (new cameras? tv turner?)

I also noticed the new capacitative screen. Can you provide examples of the pinch and zooming?
ePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #25
pillow

My Ride: E46 316i
Is the PWR, VOL, EQ, TUNE text around the two knobs removable without leaving marks on the plastic behind?

I like the look of this unit but the slanted text takes away from the OE feel.
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #26
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Is the PWR, VOL, EQ, TUNE text around the two knobs removable without leaving marks on the plastic behind?
Dunno, but you can get a wood trim to cover the front, with openings for the TF cards etc obviously.

Last edited by podge3; 06-19-2014 at 09:07 AM.
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #27
Magsy

My Ride: '04 M3 Coupe
Anybody know if you can plug a USB DAC into one of these and get your audio out that way?

It should be possible as Android supports it...?
Magsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #28
E46DreaM3r

My Ride: 03 Imola Vert M3
How is this compared to the avant 2??
Old 06-23-2014, 03:34 AM   #29
Carlos028

My Ride: '03 325i
how long will the 500 price last?
is it compatible fully with an iPhone 5s/Lightning device?
Shipping to U.S.?

Last edited by Carlos028; 06-23-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Carlos028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #30
Walter_

My Ride: 2004 325 SMG coupé
I have a budget between 1000 and 1500 euro. ($1365 and $2047) Because major brands like Kenwood, Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer don't produce such radios like navall.
For that amount of money, i hope to find a 1.9 ghz Qualcomm, Rockchip or samsung quad core arm cpu, a mali 450 gpu, 2gb DDR 3 mem, a eMMC of 64 gb, DAB radio, wireless ac with BT 4.0 WHIT an external pigtail connection to avoid weak reception from the wifi, 3 or 4 usb ports, and a in sun readable capacitive touchscreen. Can Naval provide such system?
Walter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #31
PancakeBimmer

My Ride: BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_ View Post
I have a budget between 1000 and 1500 euro. ($1365 and $2047) Because major brands like Kenwood, Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer don't produce such radios like navall.
For that amount of money, i hope to find a 1.9 ghz Qualcomm, Rockchip or samsung quad core arm cpu, a mali 450 gpu, 2gb DDR 3 mem, a eMMC of 64 gb, DAB radio, wireless ac with BT 4.0 WHIT an external pigtail connection to avoid weak reception from the wifi, 3 or 4 usb ports, and a in sun readable capacitive touchscreen. Can Naval provide such system?
No. Those units are purchased directly from manufacturer and re-sold.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #32
J0se

My Ride: e46 coupe facelift
Quote:
Come back in a year or so and add higher res screen to that list.

It's not a matter of price.

Cheers
J0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #33
ApoC_101

My Ride: pre-facelift E46
Love it when folks with a couple grand to spend think they can get somebody to tailor make them a one-off unit for that kind of money

Only way you could get something like that right now is by buying your own production run from a manufacturer... Or you might be able to get a test run of a hundred units and then just bugger off, and hope your test run units work as desired. Would still cost you a ton, and by the time you've got them, perhaps a product of similar features may hit the market.

My suggestion: live with the current offerings (which are pretty damn impressive, IMO), and spend the rest of your two grand on fancy handheld devices... then mirror-link and see how that goes (I haven't tried it but it seems cool).
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #34
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Hi Walter.
At this point you would have to add a couple of Zeros before the decimal point to get any factory to custom build one.
We struggle getting our wants desires and proprietary add ons and we purchase 100 at a time ! Minimum order , with a lot of NO WE CAN'ts as we go !
Old 07-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #35
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
question about the 3G dongle. Which network does it use? I'm assuming I can just pop a sim card in there and go? Is it micro-sim? Nano-sim?

Thanks

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #36
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
question about the 3G dongle. Which network does it use? I'm assuming I can just pop a sim card in there and go? Is it micro-sim? Nano-sim?

Thanks
the 3G Uses Micro SIM or Nano, Depending which one you order

You Put in your Own Sim

regards
Old 07-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #37
Jarrettm3

My Ride: m3
tssgery I cant seem to find the widgets part. Im trying to find the widget for my poweramp and install widget on home screen like you have. I did install poweramp unlocker and widget pak
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #38
Jarrettm3

Ok i figured it out. In apps you have to keep swiping over then you get into the widgets.

I cant seem to get the steering wheel keys to load. Has anybody played with this yet?

Sean if you have suggestions I would appreciate it.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #39
tssgery

My Ride: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrettm3 View Post
Ok i figured it out. In apps you have to keep swiping over then you get into the widgets.

I cant seem to get the steering wheel keys to load. Has anybody played with this yet?

Sean if you have suggestions I would appreciate it.
Exactly. After scrolling past the apps, the widgets will show up. Form there, just drag/drop them to where you want them.

Re: the steering wheel buttons... I can only get the volume up/down buttons to work. I have not spent much time playing with them to see if I can get the others to work, but haven't figured it out yet.
tssgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #40
Jarrettm3

yeah me either. I was trying to set the back/exit button. The reason why is I noticed that you have to exit out of the radio when you play poweramp. Otherwise the radio will keep playing. Not to big of a deal but the corner screen buttons are hard to contact because it needs a screen calibration and there is not one on this unit. I talk to sean about that and he checked also. Im sure it will get fixed shortly. The widgets do work very nicely on this unit. Other then that I havent had any other issues, fingers crossed!

tssgery, have time the start up? I got 25s

Tags
bmw stereo, head unit, navall