E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
Volvoguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Nyc
Posts: 18
My Ride: IS300;Volvo s60T;
NY Guys, Restaurant Suggestion!

Hi Guys,

Hope you are doing well, I asked a few friends, but I thought this forum may be a good fit, specifically a member in the tri state area who is in the restaurant business. I believe he owns a jeep as well.

I have a second date with this incredible girl, Friday no less.

She agreed to have dinner with me, I asked her thoughts/opinions, and she was in the mood for Italian or American. The examples she used are l'artushi, Perla for Italian, and Northern Spy and Fat Radish for American.

I was thinking Otto in the village, any other suggestions/ideas?

Thanks in advance.
__________________
Volvoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
217Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
can you repost her pic? i must have missed it
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
Vinnie Vega
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 531
My Ride: 0032870Vette70Velle
Via Tribunali on ludlow (off delancy) It's Neapolitan pizza (wood burning oven) I'd suggest the calzones as well. Slightly hipster crowd, but what do you expect the Williamsburg bridge is a few steps away. It's a good date spot because it's not a traditional boring Italian spot.
__________________
"because my life is dope, and I do dope sh!t"
Vinnie Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Chris3Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 222
Locanda Verde in TriBeCa. If she likes L'Artusi, she'll like that.
Chris3Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Man, this is why I hate nyc. I can tell that dinner is costing you $250.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #6
217Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Man, this is why I hate nyc. I can tell that dinner is costing you $250.
where is fartking to call you and everyone else poor because things in nyc/LI cost ten times more what they should.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 608
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3Duke View Post
Locanda Verde in TriBeCa. If she likes L'Artusi, she'll like that.
That's deniros place.
__________________
Exitus acta probat
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 608
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
where is fartking to call you and everyone else poor because things in nyc/LI cost ten times more what they should.
Maybe our housing is 10x more but our food should cost about the same.
__________________
Exitus acta probat

Last edited by GasKing; 06-10-2014 at 10:40 AM.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #9
Volvoguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Nyc
Posts: 18
My Ride: IS300;Volvo s60T;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Vega View Post
Via Tribunali on ludlow (off delancy) It's Neapolitan pizza (wood burning oven) I'd suggest the calzones as well. Slightly hipster crowd, but what do you expect the Williamsburg bridge is a few steps away. It's a good date spot because it's not a traditional boring Italian spot.
Great choice, I have actually been before. I wanted to stay in the west village because we could check out some jazz bars after wards. Fat Cat is awesome for that. You could even play pool/shuffle puck.
__________________
Volvoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #10
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,574
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Maybe our housing is 10x more but our food should cost about the same.
It doesn't. I had a beer at a bar in NYC and almost choked when I got the bill.

A good beer at nice bar here in Minneapolis is ~$5-6. A cheap beer at a bar out in the boonies is ~$2 or less, sometimes bars will even have nickel beer night. Go in with $0.50, come out trashed. Cheap living FTW.

Edit: Nice dinner in Minneapolis at Capital Grille or equivalent would be ~$120 all in including wine and tax (no tip).

Last edited by SamDoe1; 06-10-2014 at 11:16 AM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #11
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 608
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
It doesn't. I had a beer at a bar in NYC and almost choked when I got the bill.

A good beer at nice bar here in Minneapolis is ~$5-6. A cheap beer at a bar out in the boonies is ~$2 or less, sometimes bars will even have nickel beer night. Go in with $0.50, come out trashed. Cheap living FTW.

Edit: Nice dinner in Minneapolis at Capital Grille or equivalent would be ~$120 all in including wine and tax (no tip).
Yo lake Minnetonka I was talking to the guy from Chicago. I'm pretty sure a bill from Lugers could buy a part of your state.
__________________
Exitus acta probat

Last edited by GasKing; 06-10-2014 at 11:23 AM.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 958
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Maybe our housing is 10x more but our food should cost about the same.
Good example of someone unclear on the concept.

What do you think generates the revenue to pay for the restaurant's rent? How do you think the owner/employees make enough money to pay their 10x rent/mortgages?

__________________
----------------------------------------------
Quote:
As a juror, do you think the trial was a publicity stunt?

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #13
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 608
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Good example of someone unclear on the concept.

What do you think generates the revenue to pay for the restaurant's rent? How do you think the owner/employees make enough money to pay their 10x rent/mortgages?

Volume.
__________________
Exitus acta probat
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #14
Vinnie Vega
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 531
My Ride: 0032870Vette70Velle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Good example of someone unclear on the concept.

What do you think generates the revenue to pay for the restaurant's rent? How do you think the owner/employees make enough money to pay their 10x rent/mortgages?


I don't mean to belittle your argument, but the fact is NYC runs on volume to pay those bills. Yes they are more expensive than most places, but the fact is the overhead gets paid by the huge population of people, and faster service.


^ dat ***** beat me, you know why? NY has faster service, proving my point.
__________________
"because my life is dope, and I do dope sh!t"

Last edited by Vinnie Vega; 06-10-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Vinnie Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #15
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 608
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Tell them Vincenzo.
__________________
Exitus acta probat
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #16
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,574
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Yo lake Minnetonka I was talking to the guy from Chicago. I'm pretty sure a bill from Lugers could buy a part of your state.
Surprised you know what Lake Minnetonka is...

And yes, so it's cheaper to live here than Chicago...that's not really groundbreaking news.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #17
217Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Yo lake Minnetonka I was talking to the guy from Chicago. I'm pretty sure a bill from Lugers could buy a part of your state.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #18
MorganFreeman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: i hate cats
Posts: 55
My Ride: bacon
Yo OP you're doing it wrong. You don't take a bish to a fancy place on a 2nd date. That bish wants Italian?? Take her as5 to the corner pizzeria.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
MorganFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #19
beeemerdude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: near Vancouver
Posts: 1,043
My Ride: Cabrio. Stick.


__________________
You're not serious....are you?

Last edited by beeemerdude; 06-10-2014 at 12:55 PM.
beeemerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #20
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 608
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganFreeman View Post
Yo OP you're doing it wrong. You don't take a bish to a fancy place on a 2nd date. That bish wants Italian?? Take her as5 to the corner pizzeria.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Farealz
__________________
Exitus acta probat
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use