E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
GoPro going public - Who's buying?

Got the email today. They're using some sort of social platform to offer GoPro enthusiasts an opportunity to get in on the IPO. What do you thing?

Participate in Our IPO
GoPro is going public and we'd like to offer people an opportunity to buy our IPO stock through LOYAL3, a social platform designed to make IPOs easy and accessible to more individual investors.

Same Price as Wall Street
You can buy our IPO stock through the LOYAL3 platform at the same price as Wall Street. Open a LOYAL3 account with a $350 minimum balance, and choose to invest as little as $100 in our offering.

No Fees to Buy or Sell
You pay no fees to buy or sell our stock through the LOYAL3 platform. When you choose to sell stock, LOYAL3 will execute your order on a batch trading basis, typically only once a day.

IPOs for All
We offer access to all U.S. residents only. Whether you qualify relates to your ability to bear volatility and risk. Participation is on a first-come, first-serve basis.

https://ipo.loyal3.com/gopro?utm_sou...actTarget=true

Prospectus - https://l3-documents.appspot.com/bra...prospectus.pdf

Last edited by tim330i; 06-11-2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1402494517
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
I'm putting 30k on my credit card.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
Vinnie Vega

My Ride: 0032870Vette70Velle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I'm putting 30k on my credit card.

I wonder if that kid that bought the sirius stock on a CC has paid it off yet.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
^ $30k? That's it?

niqqa I'm maxing all my cards out for this ish.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Im selling my cabin at Lake Minnetonka and buying a few shares with the money.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
I'm very interested, but know nothing about "Loyal3", the platform they are using to offer it to the public. Doing a bit of research now.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #7
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Im selling my cabin at Lake Minnetonka and buying a few shares with the money.
And just before I was going to come visit.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #8
ImPulSe

My Ride: Bentley GT
Quote:
Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
Quote:
When you sell shares, LOYAL3 uses a batch or combined order process, and typically executes trades only once per day, which means that the price you will receive will differ, perhaps significantly, from the market price of the shares available when you place your order.
Good luck with that.
ImPulSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
ImPulSe

FYI, perfect building block for a Ponzi scheme. You send them the money and they can say - "oops" or "hey, your batch was sold at this price... sorry bro." or "hey, thanks for your money."

Want to buy stock? Use a legit brokerage.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Trades once a day? Are they nuts?

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
Top_Bunk

Old 06-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #12
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
Good luck with that.
Lol.

Sounds legit.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #13
ImPulSe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Bunk View Post
*FREE investing = Stay the fvck away. Be happy you avoided a potential scam.

All they are doing is getting "funds" from uneducated people to get introduced to these IPOs. Without your money, they would have no way of getting in early.

IF, they are the "only option" to buy the IPO shares then GoPro is being run by idiots OR the big IBs turned them down
Old 06-11-2014, 09:15 AM   #14
217Bimmer
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
what about the fact that gopro has a really limited growth potential in a market with a lot of competition and no intellectual property advantage. STAY AWAY!!!
217Bimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #15
Top_Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
*FREE investing = Stay the fvck away. Be happy you avoided a potential scam.

All they are doing is getting "funds" from uneducated people to get introduced to these IPOs. Without your money, they would have no way of getting in early.

IF, they are the "only option" to buy the IPO shares then GoPro is being run by idiots OR the big IBs turned them down
They aren't the only option, it is only 1.5% of the IPO that is being offered through this "Social IPO" platform. The more I read into it, the more it seemed like a bad idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
what about the fact that gopro has a really limited growth potential in a market with a lot of competition and no intellectual property advantage. STAY AWAY!!!
You really think so? Their revenue has doubled every year so far, and the quadcopter/uav craze is just now beginning. Each camera gets smaller and and better, and GoPro is the clear market leader in a time when people continue to want to put more of their life online. It made sense to me that the growth would continue, but I could be wrong.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #16
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
T
You really think so? Their revenue has doubled every year so far, and the quadcopter/uav craze is just now beginning. Each camera gets smaller and and better, and GoPro is the clear market leader in a time when people continue to want to put more of their life online. It made sense to me that the growth would continue, but I could be wrong.
I think most people who want a single gopro already have one. The question is whether people will buy multiple
Old 06-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #17
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
lolwut?

GoPro has the market pretty much by the balls. Everyone uses a GoPro. Everyone from people who video tape themselves driving to pro athletes. There are tons of TV shows that use GoPros to do a lot of their taping.

GoPro is the Kleenex of everything proof cameras.

I don't know about their IP, haven't looked into it much, but as a brand name it's worth a sh1t load of money.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #18
217Bimmer
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
They aren't the only option, it is only 1.5% of the IPO that is being offered through this "Social IPO" platform. The more I read into it, the more it seemed like a bad idea though.

but what do they have technology wise that others don't? sure they are the market leader in a small segment, but is anything they do novel or protected? that market becomes big enough and attractive to others how do they protect themselves? revenue doubling is the sign of a growing market, but doesn't indicate profitability. for some companies growing will actually mean they lose more money.

I just see them as a trendy company whose owners are trying to take advantage of stupid investors and cash out. IPOs these days are a scam.
217Bimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #19
ImPulSe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
GoPro has the market pretty much by the balls.
Really? http://www.techshout.com/alternative...o-alternative/

Some people find the GoPro to be too expensive.

I own 2 GoPros but honestly would have NEVER purchased them if I knew about all the missing frames, mounts, LCD bacpacks, etc that I had to purchase to get the camera I needed. Everything about GoPro is "here add this" to make it better.

Just give me a damn camera that does everything.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 AM   #20
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
lolwut?

GoPro has the market pretty much by the balls. Everyone uses a GoPro. Everyone from people who video tape themselves driving to pro athletes. There are tons of TV shows that use GoPros to do a lot of their taping.

GoPro is the Kleenex of everything proof cameras.

I don't know about their IP, haven't looked into it much, but as a brand name it's worth a sh1t load of money.
He's not dissing the product. Look at it from at investment standpoint and not a consumer.