E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #61
Serega91

My Ride: 00' 323i Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I already went to grad school and wrote a few proposals. Never saw a dime.
well, you do get the stipend......

in before gasking and "peasants"

Last edited by Serega91; 06-26-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Serega91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #62
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serega91 View Post
well, you do get the stipend......

in before gasking and "peasants"
Kind of...it went to the university for my tuition. I didn't see any of it though since it was directly sent to them.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #63
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
Quote:
This is fair, I apologize I didn't realize the rest of the office staff involved in the process and the cost for their time.

I'm not sure why the cost of care in your area is so high but it's nowhere near that here. PT here is ~$200 an hour and, like I said, I went to the ER with CT scan and it was just over $5k out the door for 2 hours of time.

I didn't pay for any of it, insurance did, but that's the benefits statement I got.
You may be right about the area.

The PT was south florida but the ER doc is in Ohio.

Now the important part. Was the ER doc with you during those 2 hours or was it a tech that runs the machine?

When I say billed I mean for every 1hr of facetime with that doc someone is getting billed 12k.

If he can run 10 patients at 1200 a pop for an hour and doesn't matter.
MrWesson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #64
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post

Its female dominated job.
How is that a bad thing?

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #65
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
When I was at a consulting company, my billing rate was $75 an hour as a brand new entry level engineer. I saw maybe ~$25/hr of that during the top of the recession.

I already went to grad school and wrote a few proposals. Never saw a dime.

An experienced mechanic will make much more money than a new engineer. A mid range mechanic will probably make just as much. A new mechanic who's just doing oil changes will make less.
Median income for mechanics around the nation is just over $30K, so no they don't make nearly as much as you think, unless they're shop owners. In which case, they cease to be considered mechanics and they are now shop owners.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #66
WDE46

Sent from AutomaticDoublePostBimmerApp Potato

Old 06-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #67
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
i'm my own mechanic and i do it for free, cuz most of the one's i meet shouldn't be doing it at all

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #68
ImPulSe

My Ride: Bentley GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post
I pay that hygienist about 70,000 per year, Front desk person who scheduled you, office manager to process your insurance claim and Cleaning equipment.
Sounds about right even for NY. My gf gets paid $45/hr as a hygienist.

I see it as a dead end job though. She has to start really pushing sales for commission but her boss is a douche.
ImPulSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #69
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #70
MrWesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
How is that a bad thing?
Typically only one hygienist in the office but if you don't bang yourself enough at home...

My graduating class was 65% female dentists. Flock to it for the flexibility then rush to have babies..

Take on 400k in debt to shoot babies out seems silly to me. Very common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
Sounds about right even for NY. My gf gets paid $45/hr as a hygienist.

I see it as a dead end job though. She has to start really pushing sales for commission but her boss is a douche.
Douches are out there.

Business is business. If I have a hygienist who makes me money(beyond expectations) I'll pay a percentage cut and could care less what they make.

Some dentists get all huffy when a hygienist is making 100k.. The way I see it I would want one who makes 150k that means I'm making that much more.

I've heard of this happening. A dentist sets forth a commission policy and the hygienist thrives(as does he). He resents the amount he has to pay and wants to cut them back or loose because they are overpaid.

Business is not a focal point of most dental schools.

Owning a practice can be a PITA but its where the money is. I rarely meet an owner dentist who is struggling or making less than 300k for that matter.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #71
beeemerdude

My Ride: Cabrio. Stick.
My identical twin brother is a dentist.

http://news.distractify.com/people/a...out-twins/?v=1

He actually "trades" dental work for work on his cars, home, etc. Keeps the F gov'mant outta the equation. But he's a down-to-earth near 50yr old dentist, not these young greedy whippersnapper dentists out of school who have to pay off horrendous student loans.

Jus sayin.

Last edited by beeemerdude; 06-27-2014 at 07:52 PM.
beeemerdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #72
MrWesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post
My identical twin brother is a dentist.

http://news.distractify.com/people/a...out-twins/?v=1

He actually "trades" dental work for work on his cars, home, etc. Keeps the F gov'mant outta the equation. But he's a down-to-earth near 50yr old dentist, not these young greedy whippersnapper dentists out of school who have to pay off horrendous student loans.

Jus sayin.
Bet he charges the same as those greedy whippersnappers all the while having a paid off practice, paid off loans and probably most everything else in his life.

Who's greedy again?
Old 06-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #73
beeemerdude

^ Don't make assumptions.

He only graduated with a $22,000 student loan. Paid it off within a couple years. I graduated with a pharmacy degree with only a $12,500 student loan. Paid it off in 1 year.

We live in Canada, not the crooked US of A where tuitions r a bzillion $$'s.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #74
beeemerdude

PS. my kooky ex-wife "was" a hygienist, until just a couple-3 yrs ago. ...she made $55/hr. She lasted 15 yrs, until she lucked out & bullsh1tted ICBC insurance co. w a fake claim after an accident (claimed she was dropping her instruments & was "dizzy". She got a $2MILLION payout for the low-speed collision that so-called "ruined" her "career". It was a Godsend for her...a LOTTERY payout cuz she HATED scrapin teeth.)

Hygienists avg career span is only 7 years due to making babies, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc. They have to make a lot before they give up that sh1tty job of scraping teeth all day on ppl w sh1tty teet. Yuk.

My dentist twin's ex-wife also a hygienist. She lasted 3 years. She's being "kept" by her wealthy family. (She hated scraping teeth all day, too.) Sh1tty, smelly, dirty job.

Last edited by beeemerdude; 06-27-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #75
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
I just got a call from the hospital the other day. They were acting like $667 was ultra crucial. I laughed and said, "Please, send me to a collection agency. You and I both know how this works. It's no skin off my bones if you send me there, because I'm going to pay it without any problem. You're going to be the one that looks absurd because you couldn't figure out how to collect a mere $667 as a hospital bill collector." The fun part about it all is that my insurance is going to cover that.

Next time she calls, I'm going to ask her how many times she's asked cancer patients for money that day, and if she likes her job extorting sick people for exorbitant amounts of money before going through their insurance company.

**** our current healthcare system.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #76
WDE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post
PS. my kooky ex-wife "was" a hygienist, until just a couple-3 yrs ago. ...she made $55/hr. She lasted 15 yrs, until she lucked out & bullsh1tted ICBC insurance co. w a fake claim after an accident (claimed she was dropping her instruments & was "dizzy". She got a $2MILLION payout for the low-speed collision that so-called "ruined" her "career". It was a Godsend for her...a LOTTERY payout cuz she HATED scrapin teeth.)

Hygienists avg career span is only 7 years due to making babies, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc. They have to make a lot before they give up that sh1tty job of scraping teeth all day on ppl w sh1tty teet. Yuk.

My dentist twin's ex-wife also a hygienist. She lasted 3 years. She's being "kept" by her wealthy family. (She hated scraping teeth all day, too.) Sh1tty, smelly, dirty job.

Your ex is a piece of ****.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #77
beeemerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Your ex is a piece of ****.

couldn't agree more. she's a thief & an incredibly good liar. the insurance company just figured it'd be cheaper (or at least far less headache than a jury trial) to GIVE her money as the difference would have only been $400,000. Not worth the trouble to the insurance company. the ICBC PI (private investigator) who followed her around for 3 months to "catch her" told me this.

I even gave the PI pics of her with my children 1 year after the separation (divorce) & her "accident" ON the "DROP of DOOM" & the "ZIPPER" at the PNE (from another mom taking pics at the circus PNE in Vancouver).....being "ripped around" on circus "rides". Problem? They were "Stills",..NOT "action-video", so not worth any weight in court. Sad, eh?

srs.

Last edited by beeemerdude; 06-27-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #78
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
What sort of drugs do you take??!

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #79
beeemerdude

on my 3rd rye & 7... so f off Fergo.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #80
beeemerdude

Here Fergo. This'll settle you down...& give u a WOODY.