E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #21
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Dude, no. Chicago is so team-ball and D-oriented, I just can't see Melo fitting in very well.

It's tempting to want him just for the points he can put up. And I don't pay enough attention to the entire free agent/trade market to say "oh, the Bulls need X and they should sign Z and trade for Y".

But just on what I know, I don't really want to see Melo in a Bulls uniform next year.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...armelo-anthony

Updated: July 3, 2014, 6:52 PM ET

Espn reported what I posted... Svp show... Haha how much more official they make it sound now.

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.

Last edited by coco savage; 07-03-2014 at 06:43 PM.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #22
Sensi09

My Ride: __
Quote:
Originally Posted by clk500 View Post
Total disrespect by the Rockets. I mean it will be very awkward if they don't get Melo and Lin is still paying in the Rockets for 2014-2015 season.
Jeremy Lin does deserve this kind of treatment. I mean he's not a superstar but give the guy a little respect. He is still a Rocket currently (yes he will be traded for sure now) and he's always been a team player, mr nice guy. Guess nice guys do finish last.
The rockets informed him of the billboard before it went up (don't know if that is BS or not).

The moment Lin signed that ridiculous deal, he knew he was going to be traded by the third year. A slap in the face...sure, but I feel no sympathy for him. J Lin played to the business side of the NBA and the rockets have every right to do the same.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #23
Sensi09

OH btw, I called Randle to the lakers back May lol
Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #24
Sensi09

Quote:
Dude, no. Chicago is so team-ball and D-oriented, I just can't see Melo fitting in very well.

It's tempting to want him just for the points he can put up. And I don't pay enough attention to the entire free agent/trade market to say "oh, the Bulls need X and they should sign Z and trade for Y".

But just on what I know, I don't really want to see Melo in a Bulls uniform next year.
Bulls couldn't score! And melo can actually play defense when he's motivated and pushed to do. I think he'd fit in fine.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #25
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post
The rockets informed him of the billboard before it went up (don't know if that is BS or not).

The moment Lin signed that ridiculous deal, he knew he was going to be traded by the third year. A slap in the face...sure, but I feel no sympathy for him. J Lin played to the business side of the NBA and the rockets have every right to do the same.
Actually, both of his agents said that Lin was not informed of the billboard.

And what are you talking about with Lin "playing to the business side" of the NBA? I don't think he ever did that. If you are referring to what happened with the Knicks, you may want to go back and re-read what happened.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #26
Sensi09

Rockets released a statement he was informed....

He left the knicks to sign for big money....is that not taking advantage of his situation on the business side?

I'll probably get some flak for this...but too many asian/chinese supporters for lin here
Old 07-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #27
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Rockets released a statement he was informed....

He left the knicks to sign for big money....is that not taking advantage of his situation on the business side?

Knicks told him to go seek other offers before they were gonna give him an offer to see how much money he would command. Rockets gave him an offer that Knicks didn't want to match.

Knicks did the same thing to Landry Fields and lost him to Toronto also.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #28
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Houston did this before with Patrick Beverly I believe. When Howard was going there, they had pictures of him up with the number 12, Beverly's old number

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #29
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Bulls couldn't score! And melo can actually play defense when he's motivated and pushed to do. I think he'd fit in fine.
If (and I realize it's a big IF) they get a 20+ ppg, 6+ apg DRose back, scoring will not be the issue it was this year.

I don't know man, if Melo keeps his all-offense-flows-through-me attitude in Chicago, I don't see that working out well. And if he's unhappy with his touches and shots, I doubt he's going to be motivated to play the kind of intense D the Bulls played the last 2 years.

Who knows, maybe playing with guys like Noah and Gibson would motivate him to play team ball and tough D.

I guess the devil's advocate position is that if Melo gets their scoring closer to the top of the league, they can give up some D and still win games.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #30
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
Knicks told him to go seek other offers before they were gonna give him an offer to see how much money he would command. Rockets gave him an offer that Knicks didn't want to match.

Knicks did the same thing to Landry Fields and lost him to Toronto also.

thank you.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #31
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Rambis joins the knicks coaching staff

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #32
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Quote:
If (and I realize it's a big IF) they get a 20+ ppg, 6+ apg DRose back, scoring will not be the issue it was this year.

I don't know man, if Melo keeps his all-offense-flows-through-me attitude in Chicago, I don't see that working out well. And if he's unhappy with his touches and shots, I doubt he's going to be motivated to play the kind of intense D the Bulls played the last 2 years.

Who knows, maybe playing with guys like Noah and Gibson would motivate him to play team ball and tough D.

I guess the devil's advocate position is that if Melo gets their scoring closer to the top of the league, they can give up some D and still win games.
Melo can't play as tough n rough as the rest of The Bulls. If he goes anywhere it will be to LA. If I had to bet though, I'd say he stays in NY. Just like LeBron is staying in MIA.....

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more

Last edited by RidinBimmerz; 07-06-2014 at 09:43 PM.
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #33
rkhettry23

My Ride: Has2Turbos & X-Drive
Woj and brussard reporting bron bron is leaning towards signing with cavs...hahaha

2002 325xi--Parted Out
rkhettry23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #34
IFX
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: AW //M
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhettry23 View Post
Woj and brussard reporting bron bron is leaning towards signing with cavs...hahaha

If this is indeed true, it will be interesting to see how the "fans" react.

I wonder if he does go back, if it's to mend his relationship, or he actually believes he can win in cleveyland
Old 07-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #35
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by clk500 View Post
I don't think Melo will help Rockets anyways. The ball stops when he has the ball. He doesn't like to pass and he plays defense when he feels like it, sorta like Harden. Except Harden can't play defense at all. I am shocked Harden even made the first NBA team. Harden is a good offensive player but defensively he's no show. To be a real superstar you gotta show up on both ends of the court.
I agree ... I don't think he would fit or fix anything.... Now the Bosh thing is interesting and a much better fit for what houston needs. They can offload Lin and get Bosh in there with the rest of the supporting cast from the bench could take Houston into being a much better threat in the West. Most of the team is in their mid 20's and can still compete..... could be very interesting.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #36
Sensi09

Has anyone caught a game at the drew league?

How do you get tickets?
Old 07-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #37
smilez

My Ride: e46 325i
Send a message via AIM to smilez
Quote:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...armelo-anthony

Updated: July 3, 2014, 6:52 PM ET

No, I don't get in to the espn hype. I understand we can go other routes and be more than competitive. Bring over Mioritic (sp?) sign parsons. Plenty of other options out there.

I've seen Melo play in USA team he isn't as selfish as it seems. For a while i think Rose was seen as selfish, but couple years ago he had no one to pass the pass too. He had to score at will. I can see Melo being a good fit especially when the bulls offense becomes stagnant .
Old 07-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #38
Miko_10

My Ride: 330i 5 Spd
- Melo in Chicago, instant offense to a defensive minded team seems like a winning combo rather than in Houston where no one plays defense. If he goes to LA, I see him and Kobe struggling to make the playoffs.

- Lebron in Cleveland, all star PG that's prone to injury pretty much leaves Lebron back in the same situation before his move to Miami. I honestly don't know anyone else on the Cleveland roster other than Kyrie.

I wonder what the Spurs think about all this.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #39
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhettry23 View Post
I would love to see that. I want to like Lebron again. It's just hard when he bounced like that.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #40
rkhettry23

My Ride: Has2Turbos & X-Drive
Lebron to Cleveland is an insane story line. Plus Lebron, Andrew Wiggins, Kyrie, Bennett, and Varej„o...that isn't bad at all.

2002 325xi--Parted Out

Last edited by rkhettry23; 07-07-2014 at 10:12 AM.
rkhettry23 is offline   Reply With Quote