Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rating:||Display Modes|
|07-04-2014, 05:47 AM||#1|
*Unofficial* Erisin ES9746A 7
This unit is making waves on the German e46fanatics, but it hadn't gotten any publicity here, so I'll be the forum test. If this works out as advertised, this its essentially the N6 or the high end AVIC for half price.
Google Translated Link for the non-German speakers on here;
Google Android 4.2.2 Operation System, 7" Capacitive Touch Screen
- Dual-Core 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 0.98GB ROM, 5.6GB Internal Memory
- Support extended Media Card/GPS Card/2 USB Stick up to 4*32GB
- DIY Main Menu Display: You can drag Search Bar, Weather Forecast widgets, Music/Radio/BT-Stereo Player,Apps or other
Bookmarks on main menu to display
- Built-In Clock and Calendar, it has a Real Clock to show time, Clock/Date/Week adjustable
- Multi-Languages Menu: it has more than 60 languages to select, just check it in our pictures
- 8 Panel Backlight colors, and you can setup hundreds of colors via RGB Combination
- Choose 76 open unit logos and Radio Area in Factory Settings
- 8 live wallpapers, 21 wallpapers, support DIY wallpaper from Gallery Pictures
- Built-in WiFi Modem, support 802.11b/g/n WLAN Standard, High Performance, Low Power Consumption
- Support 3G Internet, support extral USB Dongle: WCDMA,EVDO,TD-SCDMA
- Support Google Maps online Navigating, you can use GPS Navigating if you in Internet
- Support Android Maps Navigation, Free 4GB TF Card included
- Support Dual Zone function, while Navigating you can listen music
- Support Android Multimedia Player, it can play Music/Movie/Photo from local Disc or connected TF Card
- Online Entertainment, support online video, TV, movie, music, radio, Youtube, Yahoo, MSN
- Online Communication, keep connected through WeChat, Twitter, Facebook, Gtalk, Gmail and other services
- Support read and edit Official Software, WORD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT/PDF/TXT
- Support Google Play Store, you can download thousands of Apps from here and you can download many popular games like Fruit Ninja, Feed the Candy, Angry Birds, Fieldrunner, speed forge 3D...
- Support Torque Pro (OBD2 & Car), you can connect a ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Tool to use this function
- Support 3D Games, HD Video, 1080P, H.264, DIVX Live images Formats
- Support HD Videos up to 1920*1080 pixels, Photo up to 4096*4096 pixels
- 4 x 50w Surround Stereo, Subwoofer Output
- Support Bluetooth hands-free function, built-in microphone and external microphone Jack
- Support A2DP Bluetooth, can play stereo music through Bluetooth from your Phone
- Download phone book function, you can download contact information from your phone to this unit
- Support the newest Phone Book Search, you can search&find a contact member in downloaded phone book,just input the first letter of name, you will find some associated names, then you can choose the right one
- Radio Tuner with RDS, 30 Preset Radio Stations (FM: 3*6, AM: 2*6)
- USB Port and Micro SD Slot, Support USB Stick and Memory Card up to 32GB
- Built-in Car DVR System, just connect with a USB Camera to use Car Record function. the records will be saved in GPS card
automatically, and you can play saved record on this unit directly.
- Support DVB-T/ATSC Box input, Touch Control and Power supply
- Support Rear View Camera input and reverse trigger Control
- Support Steering Wheel Control, special CanBus Decoder incl
- Hand Brake Control, electronic Anti-Shock, Last Position Memory
-Power Supply: DC 12V (allowable range: 10.8-14.5)
-Max Current: 10A
-Screen Size: 7"
-Package Size: 330mm*260mm*180mm
-Gross Weight: 3.5kg
-Net Weight: 3.2kg
-Operation System: Google Android 4.2.2
-CPU: Dual Core ARMv7 1608mHz
-Internal SD Card: 5.6GB
-External SD Card: Support TF Card up to 32GB
-Screen type: 7 inch Capacitive touch screen
-Resolution: 800 * RGB * 480
-Built-in Calendar and Clock: Yes, it has a real clock to show time
-DIY Main Menu Display: You can drag Search Bar,Music/Radio/BT-Stereo Player,Apps or other Bookmarks to main menu
-One Button for Black Screen: yes, you can shut off display and enjoy music
-Change Icon Position: Yes
-Display Weather Forecast: Yes
-Connector: On the Back
-WiFi: Built in WiFi Modem, support 802.11 b/g/n
-3G: Support WCDMA,EVDO,TD-SCDMA format, 3G Dongle not included
-Explorer: Opera, UCWeb, SkyFile, Dolphin and more Exploer for your selection
-Online Entertainment: Online video, TV, Movie, Music, Radio, Video chat
-Online Navigation: Online Google Maps Navigating
-Office Software: WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, PDF, TXT
-Game: Built-in SD accelerated, perfectly support 3D game
-Expansion Card: Could download more than 20,000 excellent software via Android E-market
-Format: MP3, WMA, MP2.OGG.AAC.M4A.MA4.FLAC.APE.3GP.WAV etc. can play from song list directly
-Record: Format: MP3.WMA
-Other: LRC synchronized display; ID3 search; Search by files; Album pictures; User-defined audio effect
-Audio IC: Top Global Cirrus IC, independent audio decoding
-SNR: Noise ration: ***8805;90dB
ASF.TS.TP.3GP.MPG etc, ***8805;30 formats, playing internet video directly (while downloading)
-Play: Up to 1920*1080 pixels. 30Mb. Fluent play without light spot
-Video output: HDMI 720P to 1080P, full HD output and common video output (AV)
-Operation System: Android 4.2.2
-Supported Maps: Sygic, I-GO map for Android 4.2.2
-Free 4GB SD Card included: yes
-Voice guidance: Yes
-Support 2D/3D Map Views: Yes
-Dual Zone Function: Yes
-Online Navi: yes, support google map online navigating
-Decode IC: 8202VGQ
-Compatible Format: MP4, AVI, DIVX, DVD, VCD, MP3, CD, WMA, JPEG
-OSD/Audio/Subtitle Language: English/Italian/French/Spanish/Portuguese/German/Russian
-Auto-Save Function: Yes, expediently watch all kinds of disc continuously
-A2DP (Bluetooth Stereo Music): Yes, can play stereo music through Bluetooth
-Bluetooth Music Control: yes,play/pause/previous/next
-Phone Book Download: Yes, can download Phonebook from mobile to this unit
-Phone Book Search: yes,just input the first letter of name, you will find some associated names
-Call Records: Dialed Call, Received Call, Missed Call
-Built-in microphone: Yes
-External Microphone Jack: yes, on the back
-AM Frequency Range: 522-1620KHz
-AM Increment: 9KHz(EU)/10KHz(US)
-FM Tuning Range: 87.5-108MHz
-FM Increment: 0.05MHz(EU)/0.1MHz(US)
-FM Area: Europe/USA1/USA2/Russia/Japan
-Preset Stations: 30 (FM 3*6, AM 2*6)
-Position: on the back, USB or 3G Modem Port optional
-Support MP5 Video: Yes, support 1080P RMVB Video
-Touch Music title to play directly : Yes
-Position : On the front Panel, Media or GPS Card Slot optional
-Capacity : 32GB Micro SD/TF Card
-Support MP5 Video: Yes, support 1080P RMVB Video
-Touch Music title to play directly : Yes
-Built-in Car Recorder Function: yes, the Recorder is built in already, you just need to connect one USB Camera to use this function
-Support HD CCD Camera: Yes
-Play Recorded Video Directly: Yes
-Show Recorded Video List: Yes, show the time longitude, latitude and Speed
-Storage Position: GPS Card
TV Box IN
-Built in TV Tuner: No
-External Port for TV Box: yes, support DVB-T/ATSC/ISDB Box
-Power connected TV Box: yes, no other power cable needed for the TV Box
-Touch control via DVD'Screen: yes
-Textbook: Could change font, Font color, Background color, bookmark, Reading E-Book while listening music
-Photo View: Support JPS. BMP. PNG. GIF etc. format. play by revolve. powerpoint Support 4096*4096 pixels
-Wallpapers: 8 live wallpapers,21 wallpapers, support DIY wallpapers from Gallery Pictures
-APK Installer: Support Android Package installer
-Support Torque Pro(OBD2&Car): yes, you can connect a ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Tool to use this function
-Music/Radio Player on main menu: yes, display a real player on main menu, can be controlled
-WiFi/GPS/Steering Wheel Control: yes
-Languages&Input: 60 Languages and Input
-Add Account/Accessibility: yes
-Date/Time: Setting Date/Time by yourself or choose GPS automatically update time
-Driving Safety/Screen Hot Setting: yes
-Display: Brightness/Wallpaper/Wireless Display
-Sound: Key Tone & Volume
-APPS: Running APPS display/force stop/uninstall
-Element: 8 Panel Backlight Color, also you can set Hundreds of Color VIA RGB
-Factory Setup: Code 126,Choose Radio Band and 76 Radio Open-Unit-Logo
-About Device: Display Parameter Info.
-AUX Video In: One
-Camera Video In : One
-iPod In: One
-AUX Audio In: R/L
-DTV Box input: One
-DVR Input: One
-Radio Antenna Input: One
-GPS Antenna Input: One
-Video Out: Two
-Audio Out: FR/FL/RR/RL
-Surround Stereo Output: 4 x 50w
-Subwoofer Out: One
-User's Manual in English: One
-BMW 40 PIN Power Cable: One
-BMW 17 PIN Power Cable: One
-Can-bus Decoder: One
-USB OTG Cable: One
-USB Cable: One
-RCA Cable: One
-GPS Antenna: One
-Free 4GB SD Card as gift: One
-Install Fittings : One
I got this unit, the OBD2 reader, the 6m extension cable, and an external mic for $485 SHIPPED!
Competetion is always good for the marketplace, and looks like these guys are out for blood.
I'll post reviews and videos of it as soon as I get the unit in and installed.
Last edited by tim330i; 07-07-2014 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1404747524
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|07-04-2014, 05:47 AM||#2|
Reserved for Subsequent Videos, Review, and thoughts.
July 22 2014
So I got it installed and a few things I found;
First, there is a great place for the GPS antenna behind the gauge cluster. Its a flat space with plents of room to access it, and simple to mount with some 3M double-sided foam tape. Remove it with a T15.
And I can confirm that due to USB placement as well as GPS antenna placement, on LHD cars, you have to take a piece out of the back plastic bracket as well as the support bracket behind there. You could use a dremel, but that would be pretty dangerous to do, given the small space. I recommending using a butane soldering iron.
On to what I like (thus far); (After about an hour of use)
1) The price. At half the Avant 2 and AVIC 2 prices with similar featuers -- you simply cannot beat it.
2) The screen looks awesome.
3) Menu options, for the most part are quite good -- and being Android, its fairly intuitive.
On to what I don't like;
1) the OEM built in colors are not a perfect match (think VW Red not BMW Orange). You can chose manual colors and get it exact yourself, but this was a tad annoying.
2) having to modify the bracket to get USB And GPS antenna to fit properly. This is a form fitting unit, and thus it should be form fitting and simply plug and play.
3) FM radio reception is quite poor. After reading around I think this is more the OEM BMW antenna than the unit itself, but it should have come with an antenna adapter (3a) which it did not. I used a Metra 40-EU10 and it was plug and play after hooking powered FM antenna wire.
4) When there is no audio source selected, there is a slight buzzing out of front driver's side speaker. When there is an audio source selected, even with "mute" selected, you can still hear it.
5) I am not sure if this is just my router, but for the first 30 seconds or so, Jellybean keeps trying to mount my wireless router, and there is a sound associated with mounting and unmounting devices. You cannot disable this sound, so for the first 30 seconds there is a "blinging" sound. I can solve this if I simply independely power the router, which I might do.
6) iGo maps do not display at all. Literally nothing. The unit knows my location, but other than that -- zero. I think it has American maps, and the unit is in Germany. I need to talk with Erisin about this to figure out how to fix it.
7) Some apps do not download. It throws random errors, and I have no idea when/how to replicate this.
8) GPS sense time only works if you manually select the correct time zone.
I am going to add this post to the first page, and as I get solutions I will update it there.
Overall - its 65764273357x better than OEM, and the possabilities are awesome. This is a new learning curve for me -- as this is my first interaction ever with a Android based system, so I imagine most of the software issues above would be non-issues if I were better with Android.
I'll keep everyone updated.
Last edited by Gatriel; 07-22-2014 at 03:14 AM.
|07-04-2014, 05:47 AM||#3|
HOW TO GET INTO RECOVERY MODE:
HOW TO UPDATE FIRMWARE
So I just updated the firmware -- and WOWOWOWOWOW! What a difference. It went from a very solid "meh" machine into an AWESOME machine.
To update to the latest software you need to download two files;
First -- the units actual new firmware --
Second -- the new 4.4.2 O/S which has been customised to cater as a driving unit, and not a tablet. Although this O/S comes re-rooted as a tablet, so you can download useful apps such as WAZE and essentially ANY app that works with a Android based tablet.
I might do a Video Review of the new improved software tomorrow. FM Radio reception is a tad better than it was -- but still sucks.
How to install the update --
Copy paste both of the above to a micro-SD card and stick it in the GPS slot on the front of the unit. Click install and let the unit do its thing. Takes about 10 minutes. It wipes all your data, so be careful there.
A couple things about the new OS --
Default language is Japanese. You gotta change it yourself.
To get it to boot with the BMW logo, and change the LED color, you need to go into the "Factory Settings" option. Password is "126" without the quotation marks.
In the "other" tab -- check the box RGB LED -- which allows you to edit the LED colors.
In the Logo selector (default screen for the "Factory Settings" option) obviously choose the BMW logo and there is a "drop down" menu -- select the third option, and then click "apply" then "exit" The unit needs to restart to have the settings apply.
To allow you to use your nav with background music, go into
Settings -> GPS -> Enable GPS Monitoring
Reserved for updates in the future.
For an Opel (Chevy) -- but Menus are the same.
Last edited by Gatriel; 01-10-2015 at 01:46 PM.
|07-05-2014, 03:22 AM||#4|
Nice find, Gatriel!
That price is excellent and the specs look more than good from the computing point of view. I'll be interested to hear how well it works from a car audio point of view. That is to say its sound quality and ease of use whilst driving. I'm looking forward to reading your opinions when yours arrives.
In the meantime, I found this video. The spoken words are French but non linguists can get a good idea just from watching.
I did laugh at 1:16 though. Only a Frenchman would film a review whilst holding the camera in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Should have been a Gauloises though, for maximum effect. Vive les differences, vive la France!
Last edited by elfer; 07-05-2014 at 03:34 AM. Reason: clarity of meaning
|07-05-2014, 04:57 AM||#5|
Yeah, it seems like it has a ton of horse power for what it will be doing 99% of the time, and it being full android is pretty awesome as well. I am really looking forward to receiving it and getting it installed.
I am having to route this thing through the USA due to PayPal being a PITA, but I'll do an unboxing, and then a few videos about functionality. I assume no one needs an install video, as well -- cars don't really get any easier, although I have to run nonsense from the trunk.
I was going to get the S150, which is also an excellent unit, but before I pulled the trigger I wanted to see what was available here in Germany, and this had just hit the German forums -- so it changed my position rather quickly. It seems like its an Avant 2 clone for half price, but we'll see how it performs when compared to the established units (Dynavin and Avic)
|07-05-2014, 08:10 AM||#6|
Just got myself a used mounting bracket; 25EUR
Not bad. "invested" thus far --
|07-05-2014, 08:55 AM||#7|
Join Date: Jul 2011
My Ride: e46 coupe facelift
|07-05-2014, 08:59 AM||#8|
|07-05-2014, 09:59 AM||#10|
Cancelled. This is what happens when you have too many windows open, and suck, apparently, at reading comprehension.
|07-07-2014, 02:37 AM||#11|
Last edited by elfer; 07-10-2014 at 01:47 AM.
|07-07-2014, 05:54 AM||#12|
I refuse to pay retail for anything, so I try and purchase used, but I think the Erisin unit is trying to break into the market, and have cut their margins down to essentially nothing to move units and build their reputation within the community.
How they can make money, when AVIC and Dynavin are selling essentially the same unit for twice the price -- is beyond me. Like I said -- I am the forum dummy -- so if it works out -- awesome -- if not -- explative.
|07-07-2014, 06:39 AM||#13|
Am I right in thinking Erisin can supply from the UK and Germany? So for European buyers that means reasonable shipping charges and no import duty (and no parcel service 'admin' fees)?
Either way it sure does seem like you've found a bargain. Even if you decide it's not quite right for you when it arrives, you should be able to resell it without taking a massive hit. I really must hang out more on fanatics.de!
Last edited by elfer; 07-10-2014 at 01:52 AM.
|07-07-2014, 06:46 AM||#14|
I know they have a warehouse with these units in it in the UK as well as in DE. My unit is shipping out of HK because I need to run wires from the trunk.
It gets shipped to the US, and then my mom brings it with her when she visits later this month -- or at least this is the plan. Mal schauen, hopefully it all works out correctly.
I still need to purchase an antenna adapter, and would love to use my OEM Nav antenna in the shark fin, so I guess I need to get an extension for that as well.
|07-07-2014, 07:09 AM||#15|
Waiting can be such agony, can't it?
AS far as I am aware, the E46 shark fin just houses the GSM antenna for the phone. The OEM nav antenna is under the rear parcel shelf, just below the rear window. Unless you have a kombi (in which case I don't know off-hand where it is..)
|07-07-2014, 07:20 AM||#16|
Weather stripping isn't "large" enough to feed it up on top of the Windshield, so RD goes through plastic like it goes through glass. Seems like I am mounting it behind and above the passanger airbag then.
|07-07-2014, 07:53 AM||#17|
|07-08-2014, 05:40 AM||#19|
So, got the tracking number today. It shows up in Texas next week, and then I get it on Satureday the 19th.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|