E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #121
cobrax3

My Ride: r
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake79 View Post
To change boot logo, copy your Logo picture to SD card, than open this picture on your unit, than look for small triangle in lower left corner of the screen - push and hold this icon for few seconds to highlight it.
Since now this picture will be displayed as boot logo.
thank you
any ideas for accessing hidden settings?
how about for going into wince mode?
thanks
cobrax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #122
PK8

My Ride: M5
Getting lots of static through phone. Using external mic mounted in stock mic "vent" near sunroof controls. Any ideas?

2008 M5
2011 X5 xDrive35i Premium
2005 325Ci
2007 E92 335i (Retired)
2005 X5 4.4 (Retired)
1999 540i (Retired)
PK8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #123
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK8 View Post
Getting lots of static through phone. Using external mic mounted in stock mic "vent" near sunroof controls. Any ideas?

Was the mic supplied with the unit?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #124
PK8

My Ride: M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusmarkus View Post
Was the mic supplied with the unit?

Yes.

2008 M5
2011 X5 xDrive35i Premium
2005 325Ci
2007 E92 335i (Retired)
2005 X5 4.4 (Retired)
1999 540i (Retired)
PK8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #125
drake79

My Ride: Volkswagen Caddy
For last few days having problem to get GPS signal in iGO. It takes about 10min for iGO to show my position and nav keep saing Gps position lost, or hangs on closing, or it working slower than before. Any ideas?
drake79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:39 AM   #126
bl1tzk1213g

My Ride: None
How's the touchscreen on this thing? I know the D99+ android was a little tricky, I have to use my finger nails for accuracy and consistency when dragging
bl1tzk1213g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:48 AM   #127
drake79

Touch screen is still kind of tricky and not fully responsive. Only nail or stylus will work more less ok which is not to user friendly especially during driving.

Was trying to contact dynavin or sellers about this issue but no answer since.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #128
bl1tzk1213g

Is the avant the same? This is one my main drawbacks for me, I hate the navigating through the screen!
Old 08-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #129
drake79

We are hopeing that software update will improve situation but again no updates in this matter for now.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #130
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake79 View Post
For last few days having problem to get GPS signal in iGO. It takes about 10min for iGO to show my position and nav keep saing Gps position lost, or hangs on closing, or it working slower than before. Any ideas?
Sounds like perhaps your reception is pretty bad....where is the GPS antenna? The fact that its working slow sounds more like software though....inside igo, go to the reset defaults setting and see if that clears things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl1tzk1213g View Post
Is the avant the same? This is one my main drawbacks for me, I hate the navigating through the screen!
The Avins have a capacitive screen so they work more like a tablet or phone touchscreen. The dynavin has a more conventional automotive style resistive touchscreen, same as all the other "brand name" stereo manufacturers. It works as well as any others ive used but if you are expecting ipad type responses it wont be like that.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #131
bl1tzk1213g

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions View Post
Sounds like perhaps your reception is pretty bad....where is the GPS antenna? The fact that its working slow sounds more like software though....inside igo, go to the reset defaults setting and see if that clears things up.

The Avins have a capacitive screen so they work more like a tablet or phone touchscreen. The dynavin has a more conventional automotive style resistive touchscreen, same as all the other "brand name" stereo manufacturers. It works as well as any others ive used but if you are expecting ipad type responses it wont be like that.
So avin's touch screen is simply better? I've used other OEM touch screens and they were a lot better using fingers.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #132
Nelson
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Alpin weiß ///M
Does anyone in NYC have one? I'd like to see one first-hand before I consider these units.

///M
| eBay mod'ing sUUCks
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #133
drake79

Wonder if Dynavin is planning to take part of IFA fair in Berlin next month.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #134
J&T Distributing

Just added this to the first page along with a bunch of other tips and tricks (post #2 in this thread):

UPDATES
Go to dynavins website for the latest firmware updates, go to the product page for the unit that you have (N6-E9X in this case) and scroll to the bottom to see the DynOS firmware download link, in the case of the E46 that is here: http://www.dynavin.com/products/n6_e46.php

Its easy to update and the instructions are in the download link but to reiterate, download the files from dynavins website, extract them and put the 3 files on an SD card. Put the SD card in the MMC slot in the dynavin, go to the "info" setting on the second home page and press the blue "update now" button. Then just wait for the unit to run the update, it will restart when its done.

If you are using the same SD card that you keep your music on, delete the update files from the SD card when you are done.

US UNITS AND 12 HOUR CLOCK
DynOS 1.0.1 or later required....see above.

The dynavin by default will display all the OBC screens in metric and the clock in 24 hour format. To change to SAE units and a 12 hour clock we need to access the hidden factory settings menu.

Select bluetooth as your source (press the right side knob), input *123456# using the onscreen keypad and press the call (off hook) button. A hidden factory settings menu will pop up, select AREA: USA and leave everything else alone.

Press the back button and note that all the units are now SAE and the clock is 12 hour.

Keep in mind that there are some other regional settings such as the radio region setting (European or US frequencies) and of course all the navigation related regional settings....these settings are in the specific radio or nav settings menus.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 09-04-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #135
cannockwolf

My Ride: 330Ci ESS TS2+
Thanks Jeff
Old 09-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #136
Choffa

My Ride: BMW E46 325i Touring
Do you have any information what is changed in the 1.0.1 release?
Thanks
Choffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #137
J&T Distributing

Its on their website under "news"....basically it says "bug fixes".... Lots of small things related to functionallity, lots of vehicle specific things, 99% is irrelevant to most people but basically it fixes a lot of little vehicle specific issues we found as these were installed in the wide variety of vehicles.....keep in mind dynavin makes an N6 unit for almost 30 different cars, and within each car there are sub-models, different audio systems, etc... so there were a lot of refinements to dial in.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #138
Choffa

Thanks, found one interesting update not mentioned in the news. Subwoofer level can now be adjusted from -12 to 12. Just what I was hoping for.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #139
gimpyviper

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 - PYM
Send a message via AIM to gimpyviper
Definitely going to pick one of these up, especially now that my OEM Nav display is going... Couple of questions Jeff,

1 - Any chance of using the OEM GPS antenna? (Someone else asked but I didn't see an answer)
2 - (For anyone really) I saw it mentioned to get reverse camera/PDC to turn on you have to connect the green wire to the reverse light... has anyone done this and can they give instructions?

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
gimpyviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #140
Choffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpyviper View Post
Definitely going to pick one of these up, especially now that my OEM Nav display is going... Couple of questions Jeff,

1 - Any chance of using the OEM GPS antenna? (Someone else asked but I didn't see an answer)
2 - (For anyone really) I saw it mentioned to get reverse camera/PDC to turn on you have to connect the green wire to the reverse light... has anyone done this and can they give instructions?
2. I have done this. I connected the green wire to the box with blue/yellow wires on top of the fuses. That is the reverse signal and is much easier than routing a wire to the reverse light in the back of the car.