E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2003, 02:26 PM   #21
WarSong
Obey my dog

My Ride: 2007 Audi A4 3.2Q
Send a message via ICQ to WarSong Send a message via AIM to WarSong Send a message via MSN to WarSong
can people still take them to small claims court and report them to the BBB even though they are a Canadian company?
Old 08-11-2003, 02:30 PM   #22
K-DOG
P.I.M.P.

My Ride: 2002, 330i 5spd
HAHAHHAHAHAHHA LOLOLOL

I just had a good laugh....If you go to the sponsors tab, and look at Bimmian, it says "Personalizing Perfection".......Should be more like "Personalizing Fuking Up People's Cars". Or i got a better slogan, "Bimmian: Highway Robbery and K-Mart Quality".
Old 08-11-2003, 03:13 PM   #23
blkonblk

My Ride: 06/2000 330i ZSP/ZPP
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft
gawd damnit i just checked and my license plate light covers are a bit melted. All other lights are fine tho (i have their interior xenon kit).
Make sure you keep a close look on the footwell lights. They will eventually melt. If I were you I'd remove them now.

Life is a journey not a destination, so enjoy the ride!
blkonblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #24
morrow95

My Ride: car
Quote:
Originally posted by RichP
AWESOME! Great product with great customer service I see!!

you should file small claims and sue for the damages (doesnt require a lawyer, only some paperwork, and the fact that you did it wil make them replace what they ruined) Totally unacceptable, and this is not the first time they have had this issue.

Also, for the forum, the right thing to do would be to question their sponsorship, if this is the way the company is going to treat their customers. (Imagine if something caught fire?)
(Imagine if something caught fire?) = exactly what I was thinking could happen!
morrow95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:25 PM   #25
F150bmw

My Ride: 325i
Glad I didn't buy any bulbs or lenses. I did buy roundels that are supposedly laser cut, but look like they were cut with a bottle cap and a butter knife. I quote, "They must have been cut with a bad blade." How are they laser cut, if there was a bad blade involved? Ordered an M3 lip spoiler on 12 May 03. Still don't have it- cancelled order today. Ordered DDEs- preassembled and didn't work. Wired incorrectly and a bad bulb. Cannon plugs melted on both boxes- waiting for replacements. Not an experience I want to go thru every time with them. Business relationship w/ Bimmian is done, finito, zilch, nada, auf weidersehn. Good luck to all those that continue to purchase from them.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:36 PM   #26
SST

My Ride: 325i
Because not everybody gets bad treatment from bimmian.
I ordered my guage rings from them with NO problems what so ever.
The cost is very reasonable compared to what you may even pay on ebay.
And, my rings were sent quickly, packaged nicely and no problems at all.
Not every transaction is bad.
It's usually the bad transactions that get talked about the most. The good ones just go by day to day and no one says anything.

TT
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:42 PM   #27
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
i am having issues with the PV2.0 bulbs as well, one of my brand new bulbs is illuminating at a lower level than the other.... and making my light out indicator come on... i thought i would finally be done with all the bulb problems i have had, looks like i will be ordering a set of SILVERVSIONS instead....

oh yea, and BIMMIAN, any time u wanna SORT OUT your painting problems with my TI SILVER reflectors, OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, would be FINE with me.

revoke their sponsorship, i am sure the board could replace them without a problem.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:47 PM   #28
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

oh yea, and why wont u respond to any of these threads anymore? what kind of a board sponsor isnt even around to answer questions on the very forum that keeps it in existance?
Old 08-11-2003, 03:50 PM   #29
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

the company has changed, is all i can think of. if they are having problems with suppliers, why cant they just come out and say it? why continue selling inferior products and digging themseleves deeper into this hole? i am sick of talking about this
Old 08-11-2003, 04:17 PM   #30
TaiFong
The Whirlwind

My Ride: 2000 323i
Thumbs down ANOTHER Bimmian story

morrow95 inspired me to post this complaint about Bimmian.

About 2 months ago, I ordered the clear lens kit from Bimmian. They had a deal going on where if you bought the kit, you would receive PV 2.0 bulbs free. Great! First of all, they had some sort of problem with shipping the clears, and they took about a week longer than they were supposed to getting here. That's not the biggest problem.

The PV 2.0 bulbs came before the clears, and I wanted to test them out. Even before I handled one bulb, I looked at them in the plastic and noticed that they ALREADY had little nicks and scratches on them. No biggie. They were't that noticeable, and I knew the paint was kind of flimsy. I took 1 bulb out to test it, and kept the plastic on it like the instructions said to do. Well, when I put it in, it scratched through the plastic! THEN, it turns out that they are xenon bulbs! I was never even given the option of ambers or xenons, since I assumed that they wouldn't send you bulbs considered ILLEGAL in some states.

Anyway, I told Ian about how they weren't the right bulbs and he gave me an RMA # to ship them back in exchange for ambers. The cost to me was about $5. Ok great. Well, A MONTH later, I still don't have any bulbs. I had not heard a word from Ian or anyone else. So, I decide to shoot them an email. Aaron tells me that they received the bulbs "SEVERELY scratched" and that they cannot exchange them. He says that for $40, they can send me ambers ($10 off the full price). Right.

Ok, so let's go over this again. First of all, they sent me the bulbs already minorly scratched and flecked, something which they were seemingly blind to. Secondly, the 1 bulb I used to test scratches a little, and does so through the plastic wrapping no less. Is it my fault that they use the most useless paint in the world? Thirdly, they sent me the wrong bulbs in the first place! I find this infuriating. I mean, I have it a lot better than some of the unhappy Bimmian customers out there, but I am still mildly pissed. Even if the bulbs didn't theoretically cost me much (supposedly "free" with the clears, and also the $5 spent to send them back), I bought the clears from them for that reason alone.

Currently, I have sent them 2 emails which they have not responded to; one of them being an email entitled: "Dissatisfied Customer". I would obviously like a response, but they are probably busy dealing with their other 1,000 complaints.

In conclusion, dealing with Bimmian is like playing Russian Roulette. We hear good stories, and bad ones. But when they are bad, they are BAD. I know a lot of customers are not satisfied in the least, and they seem to be doing nothing to rectify the situations. I feel that they should not be a sponsor any longer. Anyway, thanks for reading the book I just wrote!

No, actually I'm not Asian.

Last edited by TaiFong; 08-11-2003 at 04:21 PM.
TaiFong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:21 PM   #31
gbrandt19

My Ride: light blue 330 ci
yea screw those jerks
gbrandt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:23 PM   #32
e46shift
F22C1

My Ride: '00 c230k & '04
: popcorn:

Super Soft Rims
e46shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:24 PM   #33
e46shift
F22C1

My Ride: '00 c230k & '04
: popcorn:

Super Soft Rims
e46shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:30 PM   #34
bigjohnstud4200
Pimp-OLOGY

My Ride: '03 ZHP - 325i '02
is bimmian an e46fanatics sponser, if so.. can I hear any GOOD news about them. I have not ordered one thing but have heard numerous stories about crappy product/service
Old 08-11-2003, 04:34 PM   #35
Mpower619
Apexengineering.com

My Ride: 2000 328Ci(e46)
I bought a key hole cover from bimmian and it was real good quality, the bad part is that it took them 3 months to ship it to me...
Old 08-11-2003, 04:41 PM   #36
soheilm3
bored.

My Ride: definitly not an m3
Send a message via AIM to soheilm3
if i were u, id put the stock bulbs back in, and take it to the dealer and act totally dumb founded. they'll prolly replace it under warrenty.

--soheil

Taken
Smart
Beautiful

(pick 2 of the three only)
soheilm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:41 PM   #37
Dahero

My Ride: 328 CI
Quote:
Originally posted by WarSong
can people still take them to small claims court and report them to the BBB even though they are a Canadian company?
there is a BBB in Canada so I pretty sure you can report them.
Dahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #38
blazerben

My Ride: 99 323
i run a small business...and if any one ever has any problems it dosn't take me 8 weeks to resolve it or 6 weeks for me to ship the stuff to them in the first place
blazerben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:55 PM   #39
carguy84
Banned

My Ride: 330i
http://www.bimmian.com/interiorxenons.htm

I don't know how they say that it's YOUR fault for ordering products that aren't compatible with the e46, since they...get this....sell them in the e46 kit!

Chip-
carguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:13 PM   #40
blkonblk

My Ride: 06/2000 330i ZSP/ZPP
Quote:
Originally posted by carguy84
http://www.bimmian.com/interiorxenons.htm

I don't know how they say that it's YOUR fault for ordering products that aren't compatible with the e46, since they...get this....sell them in the e46 kit!

Chip-
That link does not specify about the 10w bulbs in place of the OEM 5w bulbs, nor does it tell you that you have to bend some of the metal contacts to accommodate the bulb.

I bought the E46kit (12 bulbs) plus the license plate and trunk lights (4 bulbs). I don't exactly recall but I'd say more than half of the OEM bulbs were 5w but Bimmian's kit had more than half with 10w bulbs, and they weren't exactly the same sizes as the OEM.

Life is a journey not a destination, so enjoy the ride!
blkonblk is offline   Reply With Quote