E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #1
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Rolling Stone: The 5 most dangerous guns in America

This is seriously one of the worst articles I've ever seen published. Utterly garbage.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...erica-20140714

(slideshow, can't cut and paste)

Best Reddit comment: "in other news, the 5 most dangerous cars to drive in: sedans, trucks, minivans, coupes and convertibles."

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #2
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Hahahahaha, wow. I got to the 4th "gun" and was wondering what the fifth was. Machine guns? Oh.....derringers.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Lmao

Machine guns aren't on the list! Hooray! Maybe we can get more then...

Stupid motherfvckers...I saw another article posted by them this week titled how to defeat the NRA in 7 easy steps or something. Any affection, however remote, I had for rolling stone went out the window with that one. Fvck them

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
CameronLink

My Ride: 2006 325i
Well...now im scared. But what I find interesting is that the "assault rifle" wasnt mentioned. Further, I can guarantee this article uses the information that cops enter into the automated firearms system (AFS) whenever a firearm is taken from a location for safe keeping, turned in for destruction, confiscated for a mental evaluation, or other reasons. If you guys look up the FBI Uniform Crime Report and play with the information to control the data for firearms actually used in crimes, vs ATF "trace" info used in this article, you'll find very different numbers.

Cars kill more people than guns year after year...
2006 BMW 325i (E90/N52)

Guns:
1911's, and many others...
(WWII Colt pictured)
CameronLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #5
Devious21

My Ride: is topless
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronLink View Post
Well...now im scared. But what I find interesting is that the "assault rifle" wasnt mentioned. Further, I can guarantee this article uses the information that cops enter into the automated firearms system (AFS) whenever a firearm is taken from a location for safe keeping, turned in for destruction, confiscated for a mental evaluation, or other reasons. If you guys look up the FBI Uniform Crime Report and play with the information to control the data for firearms actually used in crimes, vs ATF "trace" info used in this article, you'll find very different numbers.

Cars kill more people than guns year after year...
He actually took the opportunity to talk about "assault rifles" under the derringer entry:

Quote:
Derringers
Derringers, small pocket or palm-sized pistols with one or two barrels, have no strict legal definition, but are included in the ATF's trace form as a category of firearm. With just more than 2,000 recoveries in 2012 — a small number compared to the other firearm types listed above, largely because it is a subset of the highly-popular pistol — derringers are the fifth most-cited firearm in crime scene recoveries.

While high-capacity-magazine assault weapons have bee linked to large numnber of mass shootings over the past 30 years, varying definitions of "assault" rifles make comprehensive information difficult to access. We do know, however, that assault weapons — loosely categorized as semi-automatic, rapid-fire weapons designed for combat use — are used in a small minority of homicides and other gun crimes.

It's placement there makes about as much sense as the rest of the article.

Last edited by Devious21; 07-15-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Devious21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Editor to writer: "Hey, sorry for the last minute rush, but we need you to write an article on the top 5 most dangerous guns right away."

Writer: "But I just got really, really high"

Editor: "I need it in an hour. Go!"

Writer: "oh man . . ok . . I can do this . . "
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Composite sketch of author has been released.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1405716791.713198.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	565852

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
cjrivera

My Ride: 2008 e93 M3 Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Editor to writer: "Hey, sorry for the last minute rush, but we need you to write an article on the top 5 most dangerous guns right away."

Writer: "But I just got really, really high"

Editor: "I need it in an hour. Go!"

Writer: "oh man . . ok . . I can do this . . "
An hour?
Then he must've finished it in 5 minutes and took a 55 minute nap afterwards.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #9
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Accidentally grazed my shin with the AR, while putting it in the Moving truck this weekend.....dangerous gun I tell ya
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote