E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #41
IFX

My Ride: AW //M
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
Breaking ATF laws for starters.

Drug possession, tax evasion, etc.

He has a record. He is a criminal.

He gets paid by your taxes to not work, but he can hang out on the street and sell illegal stuff.

That does not bother you?

Hey may be a criminal, but was he committing an offense at the time of this? We don't know.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-18-2014 at 02:08 PM.
IFX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #42
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Public records show Garner was out on $4,000 bond or $2,000 cash bail -- he has three pending criminal cases against him, all involving charges of possession and sale of untaxed cigarettes, from arrests in May, March and last August. In the August case, police also charged him with aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, false personation and marijuana possession.
If all that is true does that mean all rights that are afforded to every American citizen are no longer valid for this guy? Because of cigarette taxes and marijuana? Choke that motherPucker to the ground!

Right?

WTF is 'aggravated operation of a vehicle'? Pfft... who cares when he's clearly forfeited his rights on that whole cigarette tax thing.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #43
mbomb3

My Ride: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
who is stopping you from suing the police? the city? state? you can. just as you can sue a doctor or hospital.
It would be tax money that would pay a lawsuit not the involved parties.
mbomb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #44
beeemerdude
Banned User

My Ride: Cabrio. Stick.
Quote:
In the August case, police also charged him with aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, false personation and marijuana possession.
last one is not important.

(But I'm from Canada, where we don't view that any more than parking in a handicapped stall....but I guess u 'muricans have been brainwashed by your Ronny Reagans' big-bobble-headed wife's 'Just Say No' campaign that fizzled out)
beeemerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #45
mbomb3

My Ride: 328
http://voices.suntimes.com/news/brea...g-dui-arrests/
mbomb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #46
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post

(But I'm from Canada, where we don't view that any more than parking in a handicapped stall....but I guess u 'muricans have been brainwashed by your Ronny Reagans' big-bobble-headed wife's 'Just Say No' campaign that fizzled out)

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #47
beeemerdude
Banned User

^ (Chicago?) Alright! This is turning into a cop-bashing thread.

Last edited by beeemerdude; 07-18-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #48
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post

well seriously, how do you enforce any laws when your police look like smokey the fvcking bear?

217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #49
Gatriel
Nie vergessen Ost-Preußen

My Ride: KL38444
I think that is a woman.

More of my posts get deleted than anyone elses.
Gatriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #50
beeemerdude
Banned User

I concur.

(to 217Bimmer...oh, and to Gatriel (I think) )

Last edited by beeemerdude; 07-18-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #51
OrientBlue330

My Ride: 01 330i, 06 M3, EvoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
this is pretty sad.. But cops seems to have their eye on him for whatever petty reason..

But, at the same time if you are being placed under arrest, nothing good can come from resisting. People need to understand this.
Sorry, but that's baloney. "Resisting" is subjective to the officer. You could be cooperating as much as possible, and they can still beat you over the head, claiming you resisted.

Source: my friend is an SFPD officer, and says they always shout "stop resisting!" in all cases, to cover their own asses. Regardless if they actually did resist or complied. At the end of the day, it's their word against the suspect.
OrientBlue330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #52
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Public records show Garner was out on $4,000 bond or $2,000 cash bail -- he has three pending criminal cases against him, all involving charges of possession and sale of untaxed cigarettes, from arrests in May, March and last August. In the August case, police also charged him with aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, false personation and marijuana possession.
Kinda ironic. Gov arrested him for stealing (not paying taxes that they steal from us).

Understood, but if he was not committing a crime or suspected of one, his prior record doesn't mean anything for the present situation.

None of his previous crime were violent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-18-2014 at 02:14 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #53
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
reminds me of the south park episode "it's coming right for us"

217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #54
IFX

My Ride: AW //M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
understood, but if he was not committing a crime or suspected of one, his prior record doesn't mean anything for the present situation.

exactly.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #55
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Understood, but if he was not committing a crime or suspected of one, his prior record doesn't mean anything for the present situation.
I am not saying an investigation should not occur.

All I am saying is that he is not some random innocent victim.

He was known as a criminal and according the cops was committing a crime when he was arrested yet again.

As far as force, when someone makes a statement that tells the cops he is not going to go peacefully, it is easy to understand why cops get dramatically more aggressive.

All I am saying is that it is not cut and dry either way. No one was there to kill or be killed.

Yes, an investigation should happen.

But it seems to me that cops are always considered guilty until proven innocent in cases like this.

JMO.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 07-18-2014 at 02:20 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #56
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:

So basically a non violent criminal....

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #57
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo View Post
So basically a non violent criminal....
We don't know that, do we?

All we do know, so far, is that he was a criminal, a repeat criminal who has been arrested multiple times in just the last few months.

We also know he could not work, but could sell illegal cigs on the street every day.

Now, when all the investigation is done and we find out his entire criminal record, he make become more non-violent or more violent in other people's eyes.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 07-18-2014 at 02:23 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #58
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:

All we do know, so far, is that he was a criminal, a repeat criminal who has been arrested multiple times in just the last few months.

We also know he could not work, but could sell illegal cigs on the street every day.

Now, when all the investigation is done and we find out his entire criminal record, he make become more non-violent or more violent in other people's eyes.
Nobody will care after they see his no_limit_niqqa twitter account.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #59
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
I am not saying an investigation should not occur.

All I am saying is that he is not some random innocent victim.

He was known as a criminal and according the cops was committing a crime when he was arrested yet again.

As far as force, when someone makes a statement that tells the cops he is not going to go peacefully, it is easy to understand why cops get dramatically more aggressive.

All I am saying is that it is not cut and dry either way. No one was there to kill or be killed.

Yes, an investigation should happen.

But it seems to me that cops are always considered guilty until proven innocent in cases like this.

JMO.
In my very first post I stated I couldn't justify or not justify the arrest. Speaking in terms of the arrest... it was excessive force.

Hanging on someones back choking them out, another with a foot on the back of his head and 5-6 more applying pressure on his core will and has killed. Use a taser, mace, extremities holds. Ever have one person sit on your back? Hell my 40 lb, 7 year old standing on my chest makes it hard to breathe. Times that by 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-18-2014 at 02:29 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #60
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
So we can justifiably assume he's armed and dangerous!

Quote:
GUILTY!

Quote:
And he turned me into a newt!

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.

Last edited by joeski3d; 07-18-2014 at 02:28 PM.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote