E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
riverwolf

My Ride: 2005 330Cic ZHP
Question Per Bentley/TIS: ride height same for all body styles?

Subject is a 2005 330Cic Vert with sport suspension (ZHP package) with 83K miles. I'm the 4th owner (purchased in April) and in the process of trying to refresh her a bit. Koni Sports sitting in the garage, but I'm trying to decide if I need new springs as well.

Per Bentley/TIS, the only variables in ride height regardless of body (coupe/vert/sedan/wagon) are suspension type and wheel size. Has this been confirmed accurate or has incomplete information been published?

Per the numbers, I appear to need new front springs at only 83K. My front is even left/right, but I'm ~.25" below minimum spec (mean - tolerance) for the Sport suspension even without the 500# of ballast and only half-tank of gas...so really about 550# light per the measurement procedure and I'm still low.

For completeness, rear is also level left/right and measures on the high side of mean spec (within tolerance), again with measurements made missing about 550# of ballast. This would suggest Bentley/TIS is accurate.

Thoughts/feedback?

Thanks!
riverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
bimmernate

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
you don't need to swap out the springs unless they are rusted or broken.

2003 330i ZHP 6MT
Performance: Koni Sport Struts/Shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit, 17x9 Apex ARC-8, TMS Sway bars, M3 Strut Brace

Aesthetics/Functionality: TSX Projector retrofit, 20% Tint, OEM Aux Input, Clear corners, LED taillights, M3 Steering wheel, Black kidney grills
bimmernate is offline   Reply With Quote