E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
CRZY BMW

My Ride: has wings & a prop
Next purchase for CA handgun

With the SSE loophole closing soon and micro stamping killing the current CA roster I want to pick up another few handguns before the end of the year. These purchases are simply wants, not needs. Budget is highly flexible. I have C&R and COE so I can bypass the 1 a month thing. What would you recommend?

Here is my current list:
*S&W Shield 9mm (my primary ccw gun)
*XD9 Sub-Compact 9mm (secondary ccw gun)
*S&W 442 .38 Revolver (third ccw gun)
*Kahr CW9 (possible future ccw)
*XD9 Bi-tone Service model 9mm (primary range gun)
*Kimber TLE/RL 45 (safe queen, but I do shoot it)
*Sig 2022 (hardly shoot, grabbed it because it was a good deal)
*Browning Buckmark UDX stainless .22lr (great accurate plinked)

What's next?

Possible ideas I'm considering:
*Glock (more of the same but I'd like one)
*Les Baer (Id sell the Kimber, always wanted one)
*Something in FDE would be nice

Obligatory photos because I hate all text threads:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

Last edited by CRZY BMW; 08-05-2014 at 02:53 PM.
CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
CRZY BMW

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

Last edited by CRZY BMW; 08-05-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
You won't be disappointed.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Devious21

My Ride: is topless
CZ makes some cool guns. Also check out Sphinx.

The PMR30 seems like a cool gun. The poor man's 5.7 that fires more affordable ammo.

Devious21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Sig Sauer P229 or 226.

Nice Kimber. Father owns that model. Shoots great!
ryanwhite74115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Definitely grab the les baer. Those things are the sexiest semi-custom 1911's out there, imo.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #7
Devious21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post
Sig Sauer P229 or 226.

Nice Kimber. Father owns that model. Shoots great!
I love my P226. Amazing gun.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Pretty nice collection you have already...I've always wanted a SIG P229 and a Walther P99 and more recently the HK VP9.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #9
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
I love my P226. Amazing gun.

I like my 226, but I don't love it as much as I thought I would.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #10
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata

Last edited by ryanwhite74115; 08-06-2014 at 07:38 AM.
ryanwhite74115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #11
MP0WER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I like my 226, but I don't love it as much as I thought I would.
I went to the LGS to rent some pistols, they had a sale going on G19s and i knew i was going to buy one so i rented just about everything in the case because it went towards the purchase of the G19.

I was about 99.89% sure i was going to fall in love with all the Sig variants of 9mm and .45. I really like my sig 1911 and friends LOVE their other sigs. So i was sure that's what i would end up liking. After renting everything and not being in love with anything, i let them talk me into shooting the FNX45 tactical. After 10 rounds i wanted to buy that exact pistol, i didn't wan't it to leave my hands. If they had one in stock i would have over paid like $300 to have it right then. I'm now glad they didn't because i found one for a decent price at the gunshow that weekend.

I'm not sure why but i just don't shoot the sigs that well. Just goes to show you that there isn't just one gun that does it for everyone.

You should really shoot everything before purchasing.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #12
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I went to the LGS to rent some pistols, they had a sale going on G19s and i knew i was going to buy one so i rented just about everything in the case because it went towards the purchase of the G19.

I was about 99.89% sure i was going to fall in love with all the Sig variants of 9mm and .45. I really like my sig 1911 and friends LOVE their other sigs. So i was sure that's what i would end up liking. After renting everything and not being in love with anything, i let them talk me into shooting the FNX45 tactical. After 10 rounds i wanted to buy that exact pistol, i didn't wan't it to leave my hands. If they had one in stock i would have over paid like $300 to have it right then. I'm now glad they didn't because i found one for a decent price at the gunshow that weekend.

I'm not sure why but i just don't shoot the sigs that well. Just goes to show you that there isn't just one gun that does it for everyone.

That'll be my next gun. I'm just waiting for the FDE one to come back in stock on grabagun
Old 08-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #13
Devious21

Quote:

Ironically, I had almost the exact opposite experience.

While in Vegas, I decided to go rent a P938 as I was on the edge of buying one. Me and my gf went to the range and we got one of those as well as a P226 (just so she'd have something more comfortable to shoot).

I'd fired a p226 or p229 (can't remember now) when I was shopping for my first gun and it didn't do anything for me. I still respected them for what they are (which is why I rented one for the gf) but I wasn't interested.

The P938 ended up being a no go for me. The one I fired kept jamming and it just wasn't as comfortable in my hand as I'd hoped. Meanwhile, the p226 we had felt great and I was driving tacks into my target. Slightly frustrating because I wasn't in the market for a fullsize and now I didn't know what I was going to do about a subcompact. I ended shopping around for a P226 when I got home from the trip.

I know they are very popular. For anyone who watches NutnFancy on youtube, he absolutely raves about them. I honestly don't know why they suited me much more now but not before. Maybe it was different grips on the gun or that my shooting grip has changed over time to better suit the Sig. Maybe it has to do with initial expectations.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #14
MP0WER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
That'll be my next gun. I'm just waiting for the FDE one to come back in stock on grabagun
Of my firearms, that's one i really love. When David and i were shooting the FN and my Nighthawk (which is the finest, smoothest, best handling, most accurate handgun i've shot) we both agreed that if we could have one or the other, we'd take the FNX Tac.

Quote:
Ironically, I had almost the exact opposite experience.

While in Vegas, I decided to go rent a P938 as I was on the edge of buying one. Me and my gf went to the range and we got one of those as well as a P226 (just so she'd have something more comfortable to shoot).

I'd fired a p226 or p229 (can't remember now) when I was shopping for my first gun and it didn't do anything for me. I still respected them for what they are (which is why I rented one for the gf) but I wasn't interested.

The P938 ended up being a no go for me. The one I fired kept jamming and it just wasn't as comfortable in my hand as I'd hoped. Meanwhile, the p226 we had felt great and I was driving tacks into my target. Slightly frustrating because I wasn't in the market for a fullsize and now I didn't know what I was going to do about a subcompact. I ended shopping around for a P226 when I got home from the trip.

I know they are very popular. For anyone who watches NutnFancy on youtube, he absolutely raves about them. I honestly don't know why they suited me much more now but not before. Maybe it was different grips on the gun or that my shooting grip has changed over time to better suit the Sig. Maybe it has to do with initial expectations.
I really wanted a sig P220 or P227 (was looking for another .45) or P226 in 9mm. I was SURE i was going to take one home. But none of them felt great in my hands and i wasn't as "naturally accurate" with them as i was the FNX45 tac.

I still really like them and like you, will shoot them again to see if anything changes, because i would still like to have one.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #15
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Sig P226 Mk25 Desert
http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDe...25-desert.aspx

or P226 Scorpion
http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDe...-scorpion.aspx

or P226 Combat
http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDe...26-combat.aspx

Quote:

I really wanted a sig P220 or P227 (was looking for another .45) or P226 in 9mm. I was SURE i was going to take one home. But none of them felt great in my hands and i wasn't as "naturally accurate" with them as i was the FNX45 tac.

I still really like them and like you, will shoot them again to see if anything changes, because i would still like to have one.
I had the same issue with my Sig P226. I tried to force myself to like it, but I made several mistakes in what I got versus what I needed to get. I wound up ditching it and wasting some money in the process. I wish I had known to get a P229 with SRT from the start.

Quote:

The PMR30 seems like a cool gun. The poor man's 5.7 that fires more affordable ammo.

And literally EXACTLY THE SAME ballistics as 5.7x28mm.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #16
NOVAbimmer

The SRT is crucial for a sig pistol

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #17
Devious21

Quote:
Originally Posted by novabimmer View Post
the srt is crucial for a sig pistol

sent from bimmerapp mobile app
+1

Old 08-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #18
MP0WER

This is a pistol i didn't shoot prior to purchasing. It's probably my least favorite pistol to shoot, but most comfortable in my hand. I'm pretty accurate with it, but the trigger is horrible. Well, i should say the reset and take up are horrible. I'm thinking i'll try to shoot a 226 or 229 with the srt and if it's good, i'm going to trade out the P30 for it.

Last edited by MP0WER; 08-06-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #19
CRZY BMW

Found this brand new with 4 mags for $550 PPT. It's OD instead of FDE and it's full size versus the 19 but that's not a bad deal.

The CZ and Les Baer will be next...

Last edited by CRZY BMW; 08-11-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #20
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
I just bought my 1st gun today at OC firearms...got a sig p229 scorpion. i think i overpaid for it but i wanted it $1345 OTD???

Think im pick up a sig p938 scorpion to match the bigger brother before the roster ends