E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
ECS Tuning - waste of time, treats everyone like a criminal

After spending several hours compiling all the parts I need for my manual swap project, I finally pulled the trigger. I decided to purchase from ECS Tuning because they seemed to have everything I need. New clutch, flywheel, shifter bushings, rear main seal etc. Total came to about $1,500.

So I entered all my into. Billing address here in the Philippines, and for shipping I chose the address of my freight forwarder in California. Shortly after placing the order, I got an email saying that they could only ship to my billing address in order to prevent fraud. Why then do they even have an option to select a different shipping address? I told them it is not an option, since shipping was quoted at $250 plus I would have to pay a whole lot more in customs duties and taxes once it lands here. With my freight forwarder, shipping for everything to Manila would have been $50 delivered to my doorstep.

They gave me an option of paying thru wire transfer. No way I am doing that because 1. It is a waste of my time and 2. I have no way of filing a claim in case something goes wrong with my order. They gave me the option of using Paypal but it was the same thing - their system would only allow me to choose my billing address as the shipping address.

They then cancelled my order. Great. I spoke to a couple of my local friends who have ordered stuff from ECS Tuning in the past and they said that orders below $500 would be allowed to shipped to a different address. Okay great, I decided to order $276 worth of parts first (E60 545i shifter, ZHP shift knob, shifter bushings) and true enough, order went through. I then placed an order amounting to $358 (Sachs clutch, pilot bearing, clutch tool) and it also went through. In fact order #2's status was "picking" when I decided to order a third batch of parts. This time the flywheel and the rear main seal, amounting to $650. This is when the $hit hit the fan. I got an email saying they require this order to be shipped to my billing address. I then asked why, and told them that I have two pending orders about to be shipped.

I know they are only being cautious because of online fraud, but I offered to send them a copy of the credit card, my valid IDs, a copy of the card's billing statement, and I even offered to provide them with the transaction approval code (something that I would have to call the bank for, therefore it is something that cannot be provided by a hacker or a fraudulent buyer). Instead they cancelled my orders outright. Again, WHY DO THEY EVEN ALLOW YOU TO ENTER A DIFFERENT SHIPPING ADDRESS????

I have ordered several thousand dollars worth of stuff from Amazon, Tire Rack, Rally Sport Direct, FT86speedfactory.com, Radiumauto, Tischer, Summit, California Mustangs, Rick's Camaros and a whole lot more. I never encountered any problems.

So to all of you thinking of buying from them, be prepared to be treated like a Nigerian scammer. Had I known that this is how they treat customers, I wouldn't have bothered. Wasted several hours for nothing.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Robin,
Sorry our fraud protection policy is causing you grief, it's nothing personal. In this day and age online fraud is a massive problem, we work diligently to keep customers and card holders safe from it, sadly at times it does cause complications for new customers from time to time. You have a PM coming from me, if you'd like I can put you with my senior customer service agent who'll happily try to assist you.

Once again sorry about the issues these policies are causing you.

-James

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
robin325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
Robin,
Sorry our fraud protection policy is causing you grief, it's nothing personal. In this day and age online fraud is a massive problem, we work diligently to keep customers and card holders safe from it, sadly at times it does cause complications for new customers from time to time. You have a PM coming from me, if you'd like I can put you with my senior customer service agent who'll happily try to assist you.

Once again sorry about the issues these policies are causing you.

-James

I understand the concern for fraud protection, however, why allow us to enter a different shipping address in the first place when it will not be approved anyway? If fraud protection was a top priority, then you would't even provide the option to ship to a different address. Why the double standard?

Anyway I have replied to your PM. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
I just heard you and Chris (one of our senior customer service reps) came to a resolution, thanks for working with us. Please feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever need anything in the future.

-James

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!

Last edited by ECSTuning; 08-26-2014 at 08:54 AM.
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
robin325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
I just heard you and Chris (one of our senior customer service reps) came to a resolution, thanks for working with us. Please feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever need anything in the future.

-James
Well not really, Chris reiterated that I first have to order and have it shipped to my billing address. No way around that.

I ended up ordering from Tisher. Jason@Tischer emailed me to ask for proof of ownership of the credit card and I happily obliged. They ended up with a $678 sale that could've been yours.

I hope you guys can review your shipping policy. If Amazon allows the use of alternate shipping addresses, why couldn't you do too?

Anyway no hard feelings here. I was able to buy the clutch and flywheel from Amazon. $178 for a Luk clutch kit, $389 for a Luk DMF flywheel plus $50 tax. Both shipped and sold by Amazon. Ended up saving close to $300 compared to getting it from your site :) Cheers.