E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tips and Tricks for CCV

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SilberVogel 
#1 ·
I just finished the CCV (crankcase ventilation) project and boy what a PITA.

I don't know if it's just my car but all of the hose clamps were facing the wrong direction.

I removed the factory installed brake booster clamp and replaced it with a worm drive clamp (about 1" size). removing the booster hose from the plastic valve by the throttle body makes it much easier to move around.

I turned the throttle body intake boot clamps so they can be removed easily in the future, they were facing the back of the engine and took me a long time to get off

I broke the F fitting on the intake boot, I suggest having that .99c piece handy

I noticed my intake boot was actually cracked / failed, so I epoxied it for now, but i also recommend you check that boot before you order parts so you can get it done all at once.

It was exceptionally painful and fiddley to get everything apart, and to get the CCV back in position with the intake manifold attached. Going together though was very simple with the simple clamp position swap. Now the next time I do this it will be a snap.

See less See more
#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.