E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2003, 09:32 AM   #21
otacon

My Ride: '05 M3
Send a message via ICQ to otacon
I don't know why people keep saying/repeating that the $3900 is a waste of money. This is how I see it, and of course it's my personal opinion, but I love the wheels of the ZHP pkg, so, wheels + tires + spoilers/bumpers would have equiled, or even exceeded the $3900 mark. With out even mentioning other things which come with the package, like the suspension (which I really like btw, and lowering it really wouldn't fly here in Boston). Having said all that, I think the $3900 was a great invenstment, ESP if u're tight on budget and was going to do all that later anyhow. The SSK is questionable, the throw is still a bit long at times (but I like the height of it), and I'm really not that fond of the synchros (I think it's the synchros resisting).

Anyhow, just my .02

Quote:
Originally posted by ssabripo
Don Juan,

don't worry about it.....WELCOME TO THE CLUB. You have a whole bunch of zelous ZHP owners that want to continue thinking their $3900 "upgrade" is the end-all-be-all of mods, and some others who look at it in paper and read the opinions of the aforementioned owners, and you will see why you get some of the harsh comments you get.

Chek this thread:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ight=coilovers

a couple of months ago, ILLCOMM was deciding between the 330ci and the ZHP, and people were posting some ridiculous and ignorant comments....it's laughable. I'm glad ILLCOMM got a ZHP, and he seems happy; I just couldn't believe the rationale they were using to "persuade" him.

Since that thread, I have two guys at work that have bought ZHP's.....I have raced both of them, one of them on the track (Morrosso), and it is not even close.... I RAPED THEM, both. We even switched cars just to try it, and my colleague said he wished he would have spent the money on performance mods (he has a tight budget )....... Let's see, that makes the score: my modded 330ci 5, ZHP's 0

Don juan, you will win everytime!! CONGRATS.

PS- Oh, and we met with Steve Pelkey, Sr. Engineering manager at BMWUSA in SPartanburg (he came down to visit Lauderdale Imports, and I just happened to be there for service). He saw my car and congratulated me saying it looked very nicely done. anyways, we talked, and we started conversing about future performance upgrades for 3-series....then I brought the whole ZHP vs my Modded car up...he literally laughed when I told him several BMW owners feel the ZHP will take my car on a race track....

KW Coilovers and RD sways.....vs......ZHP suspension
GruppeM, AA chip, RD exhaust....vs.....ZHP exhaust, 3:08diff; and 10Hp

a retard can see who has the advantage
Bluetooth ULF|OEM Sirius Radio|ZR3+8500 X50|Body colored reflectors|Door lock delete|ZCP wheels + Toyo T1-R|Alpine MP3 6 disc changer|AUX|UUC EVO3 SSK|OEM CSL Bootlid|Euro split mirror glass|Vorsteiner Full CF CSL Defuser
otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 09:40 AM   #22
ssabripo
Say hello to my lito fren

My Ride: 330ci RIP-->('04 X5)
Send a message via ICQ to ssabripo Send a message via AIM to ssabripo Send a message via Skype™ to ssabripo
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoMystic
Why is there so much Performance Package HATE on this board? Everyone seems to go out of their way to put down and try to outperform the ZHP. You know that these races and comparos are not fair anyway, since none of these ZHP's have been fully broken in yet (by broken in I mean 20,000-25,000 miles) WHen I drive I don't look for 330ci's or 330i SP and try to burn them. I enjoy the car for what it is. I just can't seem to understand why so many people over here trash this package and constantly try to prove it wrong. The AUDI and Benz forums must be laughing there asses off watching you guys abuse yourselves.

uhm.... ....actually, NO! nobody hates the ZHP, etc...I actually think is a very nice package (see thread I linked earlier...you had lots of "replies" on that one as well), but I can't stand the arrogant attitude of some of the ZHP owners thinking the 330ci or 330i are "inferior" cars. That's why you see people getting defensive.... And NO, I was not trashing ZHP owners, but merely stating facts.

I agree...the MB and Audi forums are prolly laughing at us....one, for arguing about practically the same car; two, for arguing about the same brand; and three, for making assinine comments such as a ZHP beating a modded 330, or a stock 330 beating a ZHP, or whatever....

So yes, you are right, we should get off this constant bashing and enjoy the cars...we all have GREAT cars.

PS- my buddy's ZHP has 19,698 miles on it! Believe me, it is broken in. He is anal about how he drives and how he breaks his engine in....hell, he even taught me how to do heel-n-toe maneuvers.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:45 AM   #23
jason330i
moderation in all things

My Ride: 2002 330i
i like the zhp and would have gotten it if it was available at the time.

hey ssabripo, are your wheels lighter than your buddy's? if so, that could make a huge difference...

you sir, are a
jason330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 09:46 AM   #24
GeoMystic

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
Quote:

So yes, you are right, we should get off this constant bashing and enjoy the cars...we all have GREAT cars.

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM TV Function retro - Blaupunkt DVD-ME3 - HD-DICE - DIY Clutch Stop - Silver headlight inserts - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35/20 Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
GeoMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 10:02 AM   #25
Don Juan

My Ride: 2011 X5 35d
SSabripo, thanks man. The ZHP is supossely to be a tat quicker than the normal 330s. But for the extra $3900 we can add extra performance mods that will surpass the ZHP performance. Next on my performance list is a throtle body and maybe an exhaust like yours.

GeoMystic, I don't think we are here to trash each other cars. I don't go driving looking for ZHP or 330s to race with (the e36 M3 is a different story). I think the ZHP is a nice all around package that should come as part of the Sport package, not a $3900 option.The race/test I did was absolutely playing with another fellow fanatic. We agreed on running and were excited about it, we shook hands and went to our houses. If you have a friends with a 330, wouldn't you just want to play? I just want it to know how a normal 330 can stand against a ZHP and if my performance upgrades helped any. I'm very happy with my car and I bet you are too. The only car I wish I could have get back then was the E46 M3, but the extra $15000 to $20000 markup did not justified it. Now I need a 4 doors and waitin to see how the new M3 4 doors will look like.

Don Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:09 AM   #26
blackbmw01

My Ride: 01 330ci
i dont see what the big deal is. our bimmers are definetly not straight line performers and modded vs. oem the differences are minimal. for god sakes i have a 5000 lb truck that would beat my 330's a$$ no matter what i did to it (even FI), oh yeah and it cost 15 grand less. the real beauty of our cars comes in the driving experience that they deliver, they do everything well while providing a great deal of luxury. Who cares what car is faster in a straight line? especially when we are talking about 14 second cars.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:33 AM   #27
jason330i
moderation in all things

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by g2go1818
Now that the zhp is out, are people with facelift sedans who put on mtech kit considered posers? Wannabe zhp?
that there is fighting words...

well, the mtechnik kit has been out long before the zhp came out.

you sir, are a
jason330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:38 AM   #28
GeoMystic

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally posted by g2go1818
Now that the zhp is out, are people with facelift sedans who put on mtech kit considered posers? Wannabe zhp?

See this is how the battles start. No one said that or anything remotely close to that. M-Tech has been out for at least 3 years now. Let's not start up anything again.

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM TV Function retro - Blaupunkt DVD-ME3 - HD-DICE - DIY Clutch Stop - Silver headlight inserts - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35/20 Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
GeoMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:46 AM   #29
Jspeed

My Ride: '01 330i
I think the rational and objective conclusion from this thread is this:

The ZHP is a great package, but those who wish it was available when they got their cars don't need to feel too bad because the performance difference can be easily made up aftermarket.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:40 PM   #30
blkonblk

My Ride: 06/2000 330i ZSP/ZPP
Quote:
Originally posted by Jspeed
I think the rational and objective conclusion from this thread is this:

The ZHP is a great package, but those who wish it was available when they got their cars don't need to feel too bad because the performance difference can be easily made up aftermarket.
B I N G O ! You hit it right on the nose

Life is a journey not a destination, so enjoy the ride!
blkonblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 02:01 PM   #31
Straz M3
Rogue Engineering

My Ride: 2008 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to Straz M3
Guys we all have BMW's for christ sake...they are all nice...chill
Old 08-20-2003, 03:35 PM   #32
FRANCO
Masterdebator

My Ride: Your Mom
the ZHP actually pulls about the same as a regular 330i at high speeds (tested out meself), cause it has shorter gearing........so you better be pulling on him with those mods..........i ran a stock 330i and pulled on him even when he took off first (from a stanstill).....good kill on the ZHP.........

i think the ZHP package is good for the money, cause i looke it up and the M-Tech bumper alone costs 1000 unpainted, now add the rims and tires, camshafts, suede M steering wheel, shift boot, e-brake boot, and cube trim, plus installation costs,and that's pretty much over 3900.....i dont regret getting the ZHP, just wait till i mod it.......

one more thing, those weight differences between the sedan and coupe (if any at all) will not really affect times, and it's still somewhat a driver's race......a professional in a regular 330i can probably beat an average driver in a ZHP.....

Mods:p46 6000K Headlights,M3 Steering Wheel,LED Taillights,M Footrest,Smoked Turn Signals,Smoked Sidemarkers,MTech II kit,CS Splitters,Gray Instrument Panel, Red Marker DIY,Ion Yellow Foglights/High Beams,Akebono Brake Pads, Smart Chrome/Leather Gear Selector,18" Staggered CSLs

Future Mods:,H&R Sport Springs,Tint,ECIS Intake,M Lip Spoiler,OEM Aluminum Pedal Set,OEM M3 Mirrors
FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:48 PM   #33
James330I
Imported Redneck

My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
is Dinan or other tuners. making plans to add goodies to the ZHP? (that is if it is still possible)

Cos, then, that would prolly end this discussion.

2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

James330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:55 PM   #34
Liscia

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Hello sedan/ZHP drivers-wake up and smell the coffee!!!
Liscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:56 PM   #35
Justin
Deep as your Mom's throat

My Ride: 2003 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to Justin
all the same mods fit

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #36
bigjohnstud4200
Pimp-OLOGY

My Ride: '03 ZHP - 325i '02
That's funny, cuz I'm barely past 1500 miles and I've taken RAPED 2 330ci, probably not modded but I have not been beaten yet by another 3 series. It's going to all depend on break-in and driving ability. As far as the car only having 10 more hp, that is correct, but it also has different differential gearing. The $3900 difference goes further than just 10hp and wheels. See my list (which is only there until I can make a real sig and mods).
Old 08-20-2003, 11:51 PM   #37
BEKSA

My Ride: 330Ci + Z4
Send a message via AIM to BEKSA Send a message via Yahoo to BEKSA
BEKSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:16 AM   #38
MrFear23

My Ride: 2001 Jet Black M3
what is ZHP?

Are you tired of long hours at work and not enough pay? Are you sick and tired of time away from your family and friends? Learn how to have FREEDOM and WEALTH at www.FreedomByWealth.com
MrFear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:26 AM   #39
ilovebmw
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ilovebmw
^"nOoB"
ilovebmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:50 AM   #40
ssabripo
Say hello to my lito fren

My Ride: 330ci RIP-->('04 X5)
Send a message via ICQ to ssabripo Send a message via AIM to ssabripo Send a message via Skype™ to ssabripo
Quote:
Originally posted by bigjohnstud4200
That's funny, cuz I'm barely past 1500 miles and I've taken RAPED 2 330ci, probably not modded but I have not been beaten yet by another 3 series. It's going to all depend on break-in and driving ability. As far as the car only having 10 more hp, that is correct, but it also has different differential gearing. The $3900 difference goes further than just 10hp and wheels. See my list (which is only there until I can make a real sig and mods).

Yeah, and I "RAPED" a c32 in my boy's M3 I'm sure that your ZHP is the MOST underated 10hp in the world

Let me see here:

1. your diff is 3.08 vs 2.98 on the 330ci.... unnoticeable!
2. your gearing is practically the same, except different ratios on the top end to accomodate for the 6th gear....again, useless
3. the exhaust provides an outstanding, record breaking 2hp
4. the suspension is just sooo impressive, that KW and Bilstein have decided to just throw away their springs and coilovers and just copy the ZHP because it really is the best thing since sliced bread!
5. Oh, I forgot....that m-tech front is just soooo aerodynamic that it really makes up a good 0.5 seconds on the 0-60! I also forgot that the alcantra steering wheel is just better than F1 steering wheels...wow, that's were all the horsepower must come from!!

GeoMystic, now you see why threads like this one get out of hand....you got fukin morons like mr. stud here that believes in his dreams he actually "Raped" stock 330ci's....must have been around the same time he thought he was in bed with Carmen Electra.

He may have beaten a couple of stocks, nobody doubt that....but "raped"? Uhmm...In his Dreams! Yeah, the ZHP is just "so much more than 10hp and wheels.

Last edited by ssabripo; 08-21-2003 at 07:53 AM.
ssabripo is offline   Reply With Quote