E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
Chase265
Suck it easy.............

My Ride: A BIG POS
Send a message via AIM to Chase265
what's included in inspection 2?

I'm bringing in my car for inspection 2 tomorrow, and wanted to know what's involved......

I already noted the latest recall, and the damn door seal, anything else I should know about?

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:01 PM   #2
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
When is the inspection 2 due (how many miles)?
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 04:10 PM   #3
Sean`02///325ci

My Ride: 2002-325ci
Everything in Inspection I plus tranny fluid check, rear diff fluid check, brake pad check and or replacement, clutch play check, all the major fluid and parts check basically(and replace if required).
i think both are DIY, except for the clutch replacement, rest are DIY.

Sean Gohain `02///325ci

A thing of beauty is a joy forever,
as its beauty increases it shall never pass into nothingness

Sean`02///325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #4
Choson1
Owner

My Ride: Keepin' it Real
This is what's involved with inspection 2.

Well, according to the BMWNA website, the 2nd inspection consists of the following:

1. A smelly overweight service worker first takes your modded E46 out for a spin. He redlines every time he shifts, and after driving your car for about 50 miles, he brings it back to the dealersip with the tires still smoking and your gas level at empty.

2. Next, a mechanic starts inspecting your car to see what valuable parts he can switch out. After swapping out all of your aftermarket parts for used stock parts, he next delivers your car to the car washer.

3. The car washer opens your glovebox, your center arm rest, and your trunk looking for anything worth stealing. After pocketing your sunglasses, your digital camera, and those few coins you have in your coin holder, he then turns your car over to the driver.

4. The driver then takes his own cruise around the neighborhood, driving with DSC completely turned off. He takes a few slalom runs in the neighborhood Walmart parking lot. Then after putting that 2inch curb rash on your wheels, he brings it back to the front of the dealership for you to take home.

Remember guys, this information was taken directly from the BMW website.
Choson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 04:39 PM   #5
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
LOL
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 05:28 PM   #6
Sean`02///325ci

My Ride: 2002-325ci
That's hilarious Dude. ROTFLMAO

Sean Gohain `02///325ci

A thing of beauty is a joy forever,
as its beauty increases it shall never pass into nothingness

Sean`02///325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 05:35 PM   #7
andy 323i

My Ride: a gas guzzler
Send a message via AIM to andy 323i
Re: This is what's involved with inspection 2.

Quote:
Originally posted by Choson1
Well, according to the BMWNA website, the 2nd inspection consists of the following:

1. A smelly overweight service worker first takes your modded E46 out for a spin. He redlines every time he shifts, and after driving your car for about 50 miles, he brings it back to the dealersip with the tires still smoking and your gas level at empty.

2. Next, a mechanic starts inspecting your car to see what valuable parts he can switch out. After swapping out all of your aftermarket parts for used stock parts, he next delivers your car to the car washer.

3. The car washer opens your glovebox, your center arm rest, and your trunk looking for anything worth stealing. After pocketing your sunglasses, your digital camera, and those few coins you have in your coin holder, he then turns your car over to the driver.

4. The driver then takes his own cruise around the neighborhood, driving with DSC completely turned off. He takes a few slalom runs in the neighborhood Walmart parking lot. Then after putting that 2inch curb rash on your wheels, he brings it back to the front of the dealership for you to take home.

Remember guys, this information was taken directly from the BMW website.

Lol that is funny ... lol

Chase lemme know what it cost you i got mine done it cost me 320 and tool abt 2 1/2 hrs
and sean it is done around 60k

andy 323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 05:38 PM   #8
lilherc79
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"

My Ride: ASA ACS 3.0 Cabrio
Hoang, you should be like Albert. Have Jon and only Jon Touch your car. lol
lilherc79 is offline   Reply With Quote