Russian Involvement in Election? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Russian Involvement in Election?

Well, to cut to the chase, yes or no?
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #2
badfast

My Ride: A car
Of course.

Impact? ???

Last edited by badfast; 12-10-2016 at 11:13 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #3
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Lolfags
Old 12-11-2016, 07:11 AM   #4
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Lolfags

New word of the day? You said it in response to badfast's post in the other thread.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #5
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
New word of the day? You said it in response to badfast's post in the other thread.
New word of the political season for him, lol

Present
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #6
Foxtrot_Uniform

My Ride: 325Xi
Yes, of course.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
If solid evidence comes to light that exposes level of truth to the Russian connections (not just Wikileaks, but business and political implications) would the pro-Trump people demand a revised election outcome?

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.

Last edited by joeski3d; 12-11-2016 at 09:02 AM.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #8
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Lolfags
At your next burning can you hang yourself from the cross? While it's burning would be a bonus.

Last edited by badfast; 12-11-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #9
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
If solid evidence comes to light that exposes level of truth to the Russian connections (not just Wikileaks, but business and political implications) would the pro-Trump people demand a revised election outcome?
No....you know that.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #10
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
No....you know that.
This is all uncharted territory. I'm sure it would sway some minds.
How would the electoral college proceed if it can be proven?

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #11
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 335d
What is said to be the level of involvement? Altering/tampering with votes? Or just the release of emails?

Present
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

Last edited by evolved; 12-11-2016 at 09:56 AM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:51 AM   #12
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Didn't the FBI said there was no involvement? Also, what constitutes "involvement?" I also find it really funny that people are butthurt about the hacking, vs the information obtained from the hacking. Seems like they are just pissed that the information made it out to the people. Tisk tisk.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #13
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
What is said to be the level of involvement? Altering/tampering with votes?
I believe the level of involvement is still uncertain. But the FBI and CIA are convinced that Russian hackers have been very active in meddling with our election process. Actual ties to the Kremlin will be very hard to prove, however.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.b6849852c036

Quote:
Hackers targeted voter registration systems in Illinois and Arizona, and the FBI alerted Arizona officials in June that Russians were behind the assault on the election system in that state.

The bureau described the threat as “credible” and significant, “an eight on a scale of one to 10,” Matt Roberts, a spokesman for Arizona Secretary of State Michele Reagan (R), said Monday. As a result, Reagan shut down the state’s voter registration system for nearly a week.

In addition to Arizona, Illinois officials discovered an intrusion into their election system in July. Although the hackers did not alter any data, the intrusion marks the first successful compromise of a state voter registration database, federal officials said.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #14
Rhumb

Doesn't appear this issue is going to be so easily swept under the rug by Trump or most of the GOP. A bi-partisan group of Senators is now calling for an in-depth investigation. This, in addition to Obama's call for a report by security agencies due before he leaves office and Trump can squelch it.

I think a lot more is yet to come out.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #15
Rhumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Didn't the FBI said there was no involvement? Also, what constitutes "involvement?" I also find it really funny that people are butthurt about the hacking, vs the information obtained from the hacking. Seems like they are just pissed that the information made it out to the people. Tisk tisk.
I think we're going to find out a whole lot more about the Russian involvement.

Don't forget about the information that was selectively NOT released to the people, i.e., apparently the GOP was also hacked yet not a bit of that was leaked out. Hmm...

Funny that the people who are butthurt about a big deal being made of this are fine with Russian corruption and manipulation if our electoral system since it got their guy selected.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #16
bimmerfan08

My Ride: F
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
The FBI also said Hillary wouldn't be indicted with the email scandal thus indicating she did no wrong.

Quote:
Comey said the FBI’s investigation referred Clinton’s email case to the Justice Department with the recommendation that “no charges are appropriate,” although he did acknowledged that there was “evidence of potential violations” in Clinton’s “extremely careless” handling of classified information. The FBI director said that 110 emails in 52 email chains were determined to contain some form of classified information at the time they were sent.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #17
Ronin951

My Ride: '13 328I, '99 M3
Throughout this keep in mind that it's impossible to prove a system was NOT compromised. Some have claimed otherwise, which is BS.

The only thing you can show evidence of is your risk, which by nature is never zero. So, in the end, it's a matter of risk management.

-Security Professional
Ronin951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #18
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post

Don't forget about the information that was selectively NOT released to the people, i.e., apparently the GOP was also hacked yet not a bit of that was leaked out. Hmm...

Funny that the people who are butthurt about a big deal being made of this are fine with Russian corruption and manipulation if our electoral system since it got their guy selected.
Sorry, I've not seen any indictments so clearly there has been no crime, so you should move along. #DhumbassLogic
Old 12-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #19
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Prosecute!

-Lair
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:45 AM   #20
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post

Well, hacking is a crime...so, even if the info was selectively released, so what? So someone meddled in our elections, Soros does it all the time, this is nothing new. The people received information and used it to cast a ballot, simple as that. Yes hacking is wrong, no one is going to deny that, that doesn't change the process. The media meddles in our elections as well, by putting out false/selective information, and yet we are ok with that.