Join Date: Jun 2013
My Ride: 83' 323is, 07' JCW
BMW’s Ultimate Driving Experience kicking off this month hitting 6 cities
BMW is back with the Ultimate Driving Experience, a six-city nationwide driving program that will provide consumers with the opportunity to get behind the wheel and experience the full BMW lineup. Highlights of the event include a new “Ultimate Driver” competition and a BMW Teen Driving School course based on the program taught at the BMW Performance Centers in Spartanburg, SC, and Thermal, CA.
The Ultimate Driving Experience highlights dynamic behind-the-wheel driving programs featuring a full range of BMW vehicles, from BMW i and iPerformance vehicles to BMW M and M Performance vehicles, including the all-new BMW 5 Series. The first Ultimate Driving Experience kicks off on April 13-23, 2017, at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. The tour will also be making the following stops:
“The Ultimate Driving Experience gives drivers from across the country the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a BMW and experience firsthand why our brand is at the top of its class,” said Trudy Hardy, Vice President of Marketing, BMW of North America. “Further, drivers participating in the teen driving school, autocross or M control clinic will develop their own skills, gaining experience and confidence while learning under the guidance of our BMW Performance Center instructors.”
- Los Angeles, CA, at Santa Anita Park (May 11-21);
- San Francisco, CA, at Cow Palace (August 11-17);
- Dallas, TX, at Lone Star Park (September 2-10);
- Chicago, IL, at Arlington Park (October 14-22);
- New York, NY, at Citi Field (November 2-12).
The Ultimate Driving Experience features immersive experiences including:
For the first time, BMW will also introduce the “Ultimate Driver” competition for drivers participating in the Autocross and M Car Control Clinics at each stop. All participating drivers will compete in a pulse-pounding, timed lap at the conclusion of their session, and the top drivers from each Ultimate Driving Experience stop will move on to the session finals to compete in an exciting event at the BMW Performance Center West track in Thermal, CA. The winner will be named The Ultimate Driver.
- Autocross, a two-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the all-new BMW 5 Series. Attendees are paired with BMW’s professional driving instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding hot-lap around the track;
- M Car Control Clinic, an eight-hour driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of the powerful BMW M3 or M4 for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified professional driving instructors from the BMW Performance Centers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance, while learning advanced driving theory. The M Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $750 per person.
- Street Drives that allow for free, 20-minute, self-guided test drives of a full range of BMW vehicles.
- Teen Driving School, a free, fully interactive two-hour teen driving course utilizing the BMW X1 and BMW 230i. The Teen Driving School will provide an introduction to driving theory and improving driving skills through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. Education about the consequences of distracted driving is a main focus, with special emphasis on texting while driving and how it affects not only teens – but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers ages 15-20 with a valid learner's permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
For more information and to register for The BMW Ultimate Driving Experience visit: bmwusa.com/ude or call 800-558-4BMW (4269).
Last edited by Bernie@Fanatics; 04-06-2017 at 08:54 AM.