LCM swap question - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
mjez

My Ride: bmw
LCM swap question

I'm trying to see if I can get tail lights working correctly. So here's a little background on the car. I have a 2005 four door 330i but wiring harness is from 2002 M3. As you know tail lights in facelifted sedan are different. Right now I only get upper portion of the light (red above turn indicator) light up if I press on the brake pedal, I believe bottom portion should light up as well. Now the question is if I swap to the original LCM that came with the car (2005 330i) to see if this will remedy the issue I will most likely get the red dot (mileage tampering), right? If this happens will the red dot stay there or will it go away if I decide to put back the current LCM which is from 2002 M3? Does anyone know???
Also, how hard is it to reprogram LCM so the red dot disappears in case swapping LCM solves the brake light issue?
Thanks
MJ

Last edited by mjez; 09-11-2017 at 04:23 PM.
mjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #2
Overboost
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2002 325i
You will need PA Soft 1.4 software and dongle and follow these instructions. Takes about 2 minutes.

PA Soft LCM Coding v1.1.zip

Overboost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #3
P3R$IaN

My Ride: E46 330 CI - Dinan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjez View Post
I'm trying to see if I can get tail lights working correctly. So here's a little background on the car. I have a 2005 four door 330i but wiring harness is from 2002 M3. As you know tail lights in facelifted sedan are different. Right now I only get upper portion of the light (red above turn indicator) light up if I press on the brake pedal, I believe bottom portion should light up as well. Now the question is if I swap to the original LCM that came with the car (2005 330i) to see if this will remedy the issue I will most likely get the red dot (mileage tampering), right? If this happens will the red dot stay there or will it go away if I decide to put back the current LCM which is from 2002 M3? Does anyone know???
Also, how hard is it to reprogram LCM so the red dot disappears in case swapping LCM solves the brake light issue?
Thanks
MJ
i think the temper dot will stay on your dashboard as it is connecting with different modules.

To do this properly, as said already you would need PA software to code the new LCM to your VIN and KM. This will take care of the temper dot. Once that is done you can figure out if the LCM will fix your issue and if not then you can simply switch it with the old LCM and you will not have temper dot./
P3R$IaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
mjez

My Ride: bmw
So if I try different LCM without coding it first and then switch back to the old(current) LCM the temper dot should disappear, right?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
mjez is offline   Reply With Quote