E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2002, 12:19 PM   #1
aferoz21
Banned

My Ride: '02 325ci Jet Black
Send a message via AIM to aferoz21
Sidemarker bulbs same as interior light bulbs?

Thinking since the blue sidemarker bulbs I got with my silvervisions are useless (non-amber sides illegal in Cali) maybe I can use them for the interior lights/dome light? Has any1 tried this?
aferoz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:40 PM   #2
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
i have heard this as well, i'm interested in getting the bulbs that are amber for my interior lights. does anyone have these, that they have removed from their clear sidemarkers that they wanna give/sell to me????? i will post in the Wanted section as well, i will try to do this, so we can get an answer once and for all!
-brendan
simsima325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 03:11 PM   #3
Ack
Bavarian I.C.E.

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
They are the same bulbs - at least for the center light next to the map lights. I put mine in there and the lighting looks much better than the stock yellow glow. It actually looks like a pale blue on the black leather seats at night. I'll take a picture tonight and post.

I wanted to switch out the rest of the bulbs, but I'm not sure how to remove the trim around the rear map lights - any suggestions?
Ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 03:15 PM   #4
jpetch
need $$$

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
Re: Sidemarker bulbs same as interior light bulbs?

Quote:
Originally posted by aferoz21
Thinking since the blue sidemarker bulbs I got with my silvervisions are useless (non-amber sides illegal in Cali) maybe I can use them for the interior lights/dome light? Has any1 tried this?
hey if you go to www.bimmian.com you can get silver sidemarker bulbs that flash amber when lit. i just got a set myself.....$25 shipped. it will look alot better than the amber bulb under the clear light.
jpetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 03:23 PM   #5
aferoz21
Banned

My Ride: '02 325ci Jet Black
Send a message via AIM to aferoz21
Hmmm....think i'll use my blue bulbs that I got with my silvervisions from the UK. I didnt have a use for them...but now I do. I'll try it for the center light. Ackster...u have same bulb in there? Hows the apperance? I assume there will be less light since its blue but hows the effect?
aferoz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 03:52 PM   #6
als
Aku. Soku. Zan.

My Ride: 2002 325i
Re: Sidemarker bulbs same as interior light bulbs?

Quote:
Originally posted by aferoz21
They are the same for the front center lights and the rear reading lights. I replaced them all with blue vision. Be careful not to break the rear reading lights, they're pretty hard to open.
als is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:20 PM   #7
chronix65
PDP SEISMIC

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via AIM to chronix65
Question

Where can I get these blue bulbs?

Has anyone ever tried hyper white in the interior?
chronix65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:32 PM   #8
als
Aku. Soku. Zan.

My Ride: 2002 325i
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by chronix65
Where can I get these blue bulbs?
Scroll down this thread and you'll find the info:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...threadid=11490
als is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 07:34 PM   #9
Ack
Bavarian I.C.E.

aferoz21 -

I just got the sidemarker bulbs installed. Here is a pic of them in and on (the camera was set up to reduce the glare from the light, they are way brighter than this and they look really sharp)

I can't seem to get the rear reading lights open. I'm afraid I will break them. Do you just use a flat-head screwdriver to pry them open, and do they come off in one piece?
Old 06-14-2002, 07:37 PM   #10
Ack
Bavarian I.C.E.

Here is a better pic with how they look on (no filter for camera) . . .