E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2002, 02:02 PM   #1
Jano

My Ride: 2001 330i
Will Dinan produce a SC or turbo for E46's?

Don't recall if this has been discussed this before but has anyone ever asked if Dinan is in the planning stages for producing their own SC for the E46? Or are they just pretty much giving up on major engine mods for the new gen cars and getting by with CAI's, chips, etc... ?
Jano is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:17 PM   #2
Dinan3XI
Boy Racer

My Ride: 996 GT3
Send a message via AIM to Dinan3XI
All I know is Dinan will never produce a SC for the 325. They said it would be a waste of their time because people woulnt buy it. BASTAGES!!!!
Dinan3XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 02:19 PM   #3
Clem
Alpha Male

My Ride: Twin Turbo'd Beast
Quote:
Originally posted by Dinan3XI
All I know is Dinan will never produce a SC for the 325. They said it would be a waste of their time because people woulnt buy it. BASTAGES!!!!
At least they're still developing stuff for your car :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 02:27 PM   #4
B
OG Moderator Extraordinaire

My Ride: 325iX-M3-525iT-M5
Send a message via AIM to B
Quote:
Originally posted by Clem

At least they're still developing stuff for your car :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

soooooo true! :sad:
Old 06-14-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
Auric

My Ride: Dinan Tres
i hear rumor of a new SC but I dont know for what..
Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:06 PM   #6
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
who cares, it would be overpriced anyways, theres many companys this year coming out with new SC models.
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:11 PM   #7
Munich
Happy

My Ride: Volvo S40 2005
Quote:
Originally posted by UltimateOne
who cares, it would be overpriced anyways, theres many companys this year coming out with new SC models.
For example???
Munich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:21 PM   #8
Jano

My Ride: 2001 330i
I was as much curious in that w/o having a differencial product advantage, they must be a pretty small time operation, or maybe getting phased out by BMW.

It's too bad that there isn't anyone with the kind of relationship with BMW similar to the AMG tuning of Mercs. It's almost like Dinan gets somewhat of a free ride being a apart of BMW's network without really offering anything that other firms don't already offer.

I think I might have said this before, but it seems to me if an aggressive company like UUC had the same advantages that Dinan has and the same access to dealer's customers, we would be seeing some pretty awesome choices in tuning parts! I'm not knocking Dinan's products in any way, I just think that if anyone has an advantage in a competitive market, it them. They could pimp their products at every dealer to a captive audience of new buyers and they don't seem to be developing anything new or exciting.
Jano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:13 PM   #9
alexh

My Ride: 325i
I'm glad there's no AMG for BMW

Because the only merc's worth owning are AMG or other tuned (brabus,etc.), and who wants to spend the $$$ on a merc that HAS to be modded to look great. BMW's look sweet out the door, and only get better with mods.
alexh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 07:04 PM   #10
XeetBMW330ci
www.xeetstreetband.com

Location: Holland, MI - Osage Beach, MO - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to XeetBMW330ci
Re: I'm glad there's no AMG for BMW

Quote:
Originally posted by alexh
Because the only merc's worth owning are AMG or other tuned (brabus,etc.), and who wants to spend the $$$ on a merc that HAS to be modded to look great. BMW's look sweet out the door, and only get better with mods.
Right on.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:05 PM   #11
Samir

My Ride: Supercharged E92 M3
Re: I'm glad there's no AMG for BMW

Quote:
Originally posted by alexh
who wants to spend the $$$ on a merc that HAS to be modded to look great. BMW's look sweet out the door, and only get better with mods.
This may be true for the E46 and X5, but I'd take a stock E500 over the new 5 series and the S-class over the 745 anyday.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 08:56 PM   #12
Booraj323
Rieger/RD/HAMANN/ACS/HRE

My Ride: E500
Send a message via AIM to Booraj323
same here!
Booraj323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 11:42 PM   #13
Stealthwagen

My Ride: '00 323iT / S54 6Spd
When I asked a rep at Dinan several months ago about an SC kit and/or more engine mods for the E46 cars he told me that they had no plans to do anything else.

When asked why, he said about 3/4ths of all 3ers are leased, not purchased, and therefore not enough market to justify the development expense for anything other than the easy on/easy off bits.

Not like the M cars or 5 series ya know, or perhaps the 330's. Made this statement with a fair amount of disdain in his tone of voice as well. Really pissed me off to their stuff as a result. And I have a fair amount of it on my car!!! Dinan
Stealthwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 01:59 AM   #14
berman66

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Send a message via AIM to berman66
Quote:
Originally posted by Booraj323
same here!
once you drive a 745 you will never want a s500. They feel completly different. The 745 actually feels sport and nimble rather than being the big boat the s500 is.
berman66 is offline   Reply With Quote