E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2004, 03:36 PM   #261
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S/C E39 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcabigas
Yeah!! Will there be another one??
I've missed the first one. I will be interested to sign in with the group.
Sorry guys, no more group buys for this product. We have started to sign up resellers, and we cannot undercut their prices.

Regards,

-Dan
BFP, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:08 PM   #262
King Jason

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to King Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFP, Inc.
Sorry guys, no more group buys for this product. We have started to sign up resellers, and we cannot undercut their prices.

Regards,

-Dan
Ah, that's a bummer...

'04 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP
King Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:20 PM   #263
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
I'll visit the manufacturer tomorrow and report back.

-Dan
This was posted on 3/22, today is 3/25. What's the word?

2002 M3 - Titanium Silver Metallic - BMW Performance Center Delivery
00==D
BMW E46 M3
zmaerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #264
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmaerd
This was posted on 3/22, today is 3/25. What's the word?
Sorry, I am waiting on a call back from them on the M3 base plates. I didn't have a chance to go out on the 23rd, but I will be going there (probably tomorrow) to pick up a new batch of bars for resellers.

Regards,

-Dan
Old 03-28-2004, 10:11 AM   #265
FazTaz

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Here are my pics

go to my gallery for some detailed pics!!
UUC Sways, EVO3, TSE3, 3.46 Diff, BFP Front Strut, 18" CSLs

Last edited by FazTaz; 03-28-2004 at 10:13 AM.
FazTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 07:42 AM   #266
Gretz99

My Ride: '04 M3 LSB on LSB
Quote:
Sorry, I am waiting on a call back from them on the M3 base plates. I didn't have a chance to go out on the 23rd, but I will be going there (probably tomorrow) to pick up a new batch of bars for resellers.

Regards,

-Dan
Still waiting on the update for our M3 Bars!!!!
What gives??!!
Gretz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:12 PM   #267
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

See post #168, It's coming true!

End of the month (Supposedly March) has already turned into April 3rd with no update nor target delivery date for the M3 bars. If I didn't know any better, I'd think their concentration is directed towards the "batch of bars for resellers" at the moment. Dan, how about putting some emphasis and urgency on the M3 bars for those of us who have been waiting long enough already???? What gives?

00==D
BMW E46 M3

Last edited by zmaerd; 04-03-2004 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 04-03-2004, 07:26 PM   #268
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

M3 guys, I have yet to meet with the manufacturer (was going to meet on Friday, pushed to Tuesday). What I will tell you is that they have made progress, and they had a goal of the end of March. They overshot their delivery goal for the regular bars by a week, and I've put the pressure on to finish the M3 bars. This is a matter of dialing in the exact shape of the new base plates, machining them, and anodizing them. Once that is done, the M3 bars are ready to go. The bars themselves are been completed, we're just waiting on the base plates.

If anybody wants to talk to me directly about this, PM or email me for our phone number.

Thank you for your continuing patience, and again, I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

-Dan
dan@benferperformance.com
Old 04-06-2004, 12:46 AM   #269
BlueSky

My Ride: o3 AW 332Ci
Hey guys... for those who had fitment problem with the bases... here's the solution...

Some fanatics said that they need to force the base plate in. I had the same problem too. But it only happened to an aged shock tower. There's a simple fix. Just use a small hammer to slightly tap on the shock tower bolts. They will then align perfectly with the holes with the base plate. The holes are of good size and I don't think drilling the hole bigger is required.

I know that because I broke 1 of the shock tower recently and replaced. The base plate went into the new shock tower with ease, but not for the old one (1.5yrs w/ 28000kms)... After a few slight taps on the shock tower bolts the base went in with ease too...

hope this helps...

TVM33oCi
-- OFFICIALLY RETIRED
LATEST FEATURE...
BlueSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:30 AM   #270
Durgesh

My Ride: 997 GT3 RS
Send a message via MSN to Durgesh
I got my brace, and installed it..... at last....pictures coming soon (car at dealer right now )

Yup the Hammer method above works. I did the same, had to do it to both mounts!

Durgesh

EvoTechnik Mafia - The Don Diggy
997 GT3 RS - Black with Orange
forum.evotechnik.net
Durgesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:25 AM   #271
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

M3 guys, an update... The guy who is responsible for the completion of the M3 called me at 8PM and left me a message. He's been working late to complete the project, and we will be speaking tomorrow.

Regards,

-Dan
Old 04-10-2004, 11:11 PM   #272
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

Quote:
M3 guys, an update... The guy who is responsible for the completion of the M3 called me at 8PM and left me a message. He's been working late to complete the project, and we will be speaking tomorrow.

Regards,

-Dan

And??? Dan, I hope you put some pressure on this issue. You are way behind on delivery for these! Next weekend will make the 3rd show I've attended without this new mod. I can only hope you'll make this right for us...

00==D
BMW E46 M3
Old 04-11-2004, 12:59 PM   #273
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
And??? Dan, I hope you put some pressure on this issue. You are way behind on delivery for these! Next weekend will make the 3rd show I've attended without this new mod. I can only hope you'll make this right for us...
The guy responsible for the M3 base plates called and left me a message on Friday. I am actually responding to this from my Treo (cell phone), as I am away from my office right now. He said that the M3 bars would done in 8 working days, and he gave me his word on it.

Regards,

-Dan
Old 04-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #274
Gretz99

Quote:
The guy responsible for the M3 base plates called and left me a message on Friday. I am actually responding to this from my Treo (cell phone), as I am away from my office right now. He said that the M3 bars would done in 8 working days, and he gave me his word on it.

Regards,

-Dan
Ok..this was 4 days ago....Let's have an update, or should I be asking for a refund !?!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 PM   #275
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretz99
Ok..this was 4 days ago....Let's have an update, or should I be asking for a refund !?!
Update is that by this time next week, your M3 bars will be ready for a Friday shipment - as heard while sitting face to face with said designer today. We had a 3 hour meeting with them. Not that it makes the situation any different, but they feel really bad that your M3 bars have taken so long. The president of the company expressed his apologies to the M3 GB participants. We will send all domestic GB bars via expedited service so that you receive them in no more than 2 days.

Regards,

-Dan
Old 04-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #276
Gretz99

Quote:
Update is that by this time next week, your M3 bars will be ready for a Friday shipment - as heard while sitting face to face with said designer today. We had a 3 hour meeting with them. Not that it makes the situation any different, but they feel really bad that your M3 bars have taken so long. The president of the company expressed his apologies to the M3 GB participants. We will send all domestic GB bars via expedited service so that you receive them in no more than 2 days.

Regards,

-Dan
Sounds good..we'll see !
Old 04-22-2004, 03:39 PM   #277
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

Quote:

Regards,

-Dan
Tomorrow is Friday, are the bars going to be ready for shipment (100% sure)?

00==D
BMW E46 M3
Old 04-23-2004, 04:58 PM   #278
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

Quote:
Tomorrow is Friday, are the bars going to be ready for shipment (100% sure)?

Well? Today is Friday! What's the deal? I'm curious to see whether you're going to give us another disappointing update or somebody actually got their ducks in a row for a change.

Waiting...

00==D
BMW E46 M3
Old 04-24-2004, 04:07 AM   #279
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Zmared,

Thank you for your calm patience and understanding, it's much appreciated. All of the M3 bars shipped today for people who have paid in full, except for the one nickel plated bar which will ship on Tuesday because the nickel plating takes longer. I will post tracking numbers tomorrow if I have access to a computer. (I am at kinkos right now on a business trip)

Regards,

-Dan

Quote:
Well? Today is Friday! What's the deal? I'm curious to see whether you're going to give us another disappointing update or somebody actually got their ducks in a row for a change.

Waiting...
Old 04-26-2004, 06:22 PM   #280
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

Dan, my bar arrived today(4/26/2004)! The bar itself is beautiful and without a flaw!!! I am a little disappointed with the quality of the base plates. The fact that these were the hold up definitely shows! The welding job doesn't look that great compared to the pictures you've posted. Looking at your product photos and then looking at mine I have to admit I'm disappointed. I'm curious to see what the other M3 owners think of theirs. I won't have a chance to install it until this coming weekend so hopefully fitment won't be an issue. At any rate, thanks for making good on the delivery date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04560.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	75491   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04562.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	75492   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04563.jpg
Views:	121