E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2004, 06:23 PM   #281
Gretz99

My Ride: '04 M3 LSB on LSB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmaerd
Dan, my bar arrived today(4/26/2004)! The bar itself is beautiful and without a flaw!!! I am a little disappointed with the quality of the base plates. The fact that these were the hold up definitely shows! The welding job doesn't look that great compared to the pictures you've posted. Looking at your product photos and then looking at mine I have to admit I'm disappointed. I'm curious to see what the other M3 owners think of theirs. I won't have a chance to install it until this coming weekend so hopefully fitment won't be an issue. At any rate, thanks for making good on the delivery date.
Got mine today,too. I couldn't have said it better!
Gretz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #282
quadrophiend
They call me Jermajesty...

My Ride: '02 Dinan 3 - KIA
Send a message via AIM to quadrophiend
Quote:
Dan, my bar arrived today(4/26/2004)! The bar itself is beautiful and without a flaw!!! I am a little disappointed with the quality of the base plates. The fact that these were the hold up definitely shows! The welding job doesn't look that great compared to the pictures you've posted. Looking at your product photos and then looking at mine I have to admit I'm disappointed. I'm curious to see what the other M3 owners think of theirs. I won't have a chance to install it until this coming weekend so hopefully fitment won't be an issue. At any rate, thanks for making good on the delivery date.
I've been following the M3 bar delays for a while (I was in the GB getting one for my regular 3er) and all I can say to those baseplates is DAMN

that is disgusting craftsmanship.....

Someone definately f-d up that weld job! Mine looks nothing like that.... Hopefully you can exchange those baseplates out... To have waited this long only to get shoddy looking plates like that... ..

I gotta believe that Dan will come through on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
you are white, you just don't understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
It doesn't bother me because I'm white... Obviously I'm not allowed to be insulted
quadrophiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #283
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S/C E39 540i
Hi guys, I have not seen the M3 bars in peson, as I am in Washington DC and will be gone until the 9th. I am typing this from my treo, which means that any pictures won't come up very vivid from the web... Because I am away, you can direct an email to josh@benferperformance.com with your concerns about the baseplates. I do know that the manufacturer was rushing up to the last minute tĚ
BFP, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:54 PM   #284
Jake
Steelblue Zim Zimma

My Ride: "Shark Infested 323"
Send a message via AIM to Jake
ZMAERD,

Forget about installing that, have them send you a new one (I am sure BFP will agree once he gets to a PC and see the pics).

That is NO WAY worth $400.00

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:27 PM   #285
Gretz99

My Ride: '04 M3 LSB on LSB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
ZMAERD,

Forget about installing that, have them send you a new one (I am sure BFP will agree once he gets to a PC and see the pics).

That is NO WAY worth $400.00
Dan..

Are refunds a possibility? The bases don't look very good. Not worth the $400 and the long wait!
I also saw that someone got the light colored bar and their(FazTaz) bases match the bar. It doesn't look like they were painted either. I could be wrong, but they look stock.
Gretz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:02 AM   #286
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

My Ride: 2002 M3
Gretz99,

One of their guys (Josh - I believe) agreed the bases, in his own words, "looks like ****" and agreed to replace mine. He gave me an address to send them back to however I don't feel as though I should have to pay to send them back. I have requested them to send a UPS Call tag to have them picked up. In my opinion, we waited too long and put our money down up front to have to pay to send their problem back to be fixed. To have the problem resolved should be at their expense, not ours. Hopefully they will make this right for us. I'm curious to know what the other M3 owners think of theirs???

2002 M3 - Titanium Silver Metallic - BMW Performance Center Delivery
00==D
BMW E46 M3
zmaerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #287
quadrophiend

Quote:
Gretz99,

One of their guys (Josh - I believe) agreed the bases, in his own words, "looks like ****" and agreed to replace mine. He gave me an address to send them back to however I don't feel as though I should have to pay to send them back. I have requested them to send a UPS Call tag to have them picked up. In my opinion, we waited too long and put our money down up front to have to pay to send their problem back to be fixed. To have the problem resolved should be at their expense, not ours. Hopefully they will make this right for us. I'm curious to know what the other M3 owners think of theirs???
I couldn't agree more with what you said.. this whole situation sucks a fat one.

Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't bother me because I'm white... Obviously I'm not allowed to be insulted
Old 05-02-2004, 12:55 AM   #288
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S/C E39 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrophiend
I couldn't agree more with what you said.. this whole situation sucks a fat one.
Hello guys,

I am still away, however the M3 owners with the bad bases are being taken care of. The owner of the company which manufactures them is personally involved, has owned up to this to the people involved (as far as I understand), and is making every effort to make this right.

I will be back on the 10th. Any questions can be directed to josh@benferperformance.com

Regards,

-Dan
BFP, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:47 PM   #289
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

My Ride: 2002 M3
Update

Problem Solved!

For those of you who have been keeping up with this thread, I am happy to annouce my problem with the base plates has been resolved to my satisfaction. I would also like to make you aware of my transactions and how things took place.

For starters, I naturally contacted BenFer Performance, Inc. (BFP) about the problem and e-mailed them some pictures of the base plates I initially received. I also posted those same pictures here for all to see. Josh Ferguson of BFP promptly replied to my e-mail and agreed he "intended on making it right" for me. He gave me their mailing address and requested me to send them back to BFP, at my expense. Because of the huge delay and poor quality, I replied to him stating my opinion that I shouldn't have to send them back at my expense and I requested a UPS call tag. NEVER AGAIN did I hear from ANYONE at BFP! Instead, I received a nice, honest, e-mail from Doug Roberts of Quatro Composites (The Manufacturer of the Quatro Bar). He apologized for the problem with the base plates, agreed to immediately rectify the problem, and pleged to suprass my highest expectation. The next day I called Doug and discussed the issue and explained my situation. He offered to replace the base plates and asked what he could do for me to better the situation. We discussed a few possibilities (which he suggested) and I told him it would be great if he could do something extra, but not necessary, as all I wanted was what I paid for, and to have the quality of product that was displayed in the photos Dan originally posted. Doug allowed me to send the base plates back at their expense (NOT BFP's expense, although they may recoup this later???) and said he would turn them around as quickly as possible. I sent them out UPS Ground (I suppose I could have sent them Next Day Air, but I didn't.) on Tuesday 5/4/2004. This is basically a coast to coast delivery so it took a few days to get there. I didn't respond to Doug until a day later but had received an e-mail from him in the interim wanting to follow up with me and see if I had sent them out yet. I e-mailed him the tracking number and waited. I received my replacement base plates today, Wednesday 5/12/2004!!! They look perfect and are exactly what I had hoped for in the beginning!

So... Many Thanks to Doug Roberts at Quatro Composites http://www.quatrocomposites.com/ for taking ownership and handling the problem to my satisfaction!

I'm not sure if they sell directly to the public, but if you guys want one of those bars, I would HIGHLY recommend contacting them to find an alternate reseller other than BFP. I'm disappointed with the way BFP handled the whole thing because they sold me the product, yet washed their hands of it once there was a problem and never followed up with me (their customer) to see that it was taken care of.

Moral of the story (For me at least)... NEVER participate in another group buy!

Edited to correct a typo...

2002 M3 - Titanium Silver Metallic - BMW Performance Center Delivery
00==D
BMW E46 M3

Last edited by zmaerd; 05-12-2004 at 06:53 PM.
zmaerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:19 PM   #290
quadrophiend

thanks for keeping us posted zmaerd... I'm glad you, in the end, got the product you should've had from the beginning.

Quote:
Quote: