E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2003, 02:55 AM   #101
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S/C E39 540i
I will confirm the E46 M3 fittment within the next week, and we will most certainly extend the GB to E46 M3 owners at that time.

Regards,

-Dan
BFP, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:02 AM   #102
quadrophiend
They call me Jermajesty...

My Ride: '02 Dinan 3 - KIA
Send a message via AIM to quadrophiend
I guess we are to assume that if we pre-paid or payed in full already, then we are on the list? there wasn't a cutoff due to 50 purchases?.... just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
you are white, you just don't understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
It doesn't bother me because I'm white... Obviously I'm not allowed to be insulted
quadrophiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:06 AM   #103
just_me
or is it just you?

My Ride: R32 Skyline
1: You mention only one of these colors will be available after the group buy, do you know which one yet?

2: Are you going to be making the GruppeM after the group buy also?

Just curious so I can possibly make mine a more unique combination that won't be available afterwards. I like your weave better than the gruppem and I'm not getting an intake but I'd get that weave maybe if you're not going to be making it anymore.

thanks.

If you ever need to fly southwest and your ticket is over $350 email me BEFORE you buy your ticket.
just_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 02:28 PM   #104
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Hi guys, a few answers...

Quadro... if you deposited/paid you are on the list for sure. Payments are officially slated to begin tomorrow, but we have a TON of people who have already deposited or pre-paid in full.

just_me...

1) We are not 100% decided on which color it will be, however we are leaning towards the light gray (which is what most of the GB people chose)

2) The GruppeM weave MAY be made after the group buy in limited quantities in the event that a GruppeM reseller (or GruppeM owners) want this weave. If the demand is high enough, it will be done - however one weave and color will be initially offered.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

-Dan

Quote:
Originally posted by just_me
1: You mention only one of these colors will be available after the group buy, do you know which one yet?

2: Are you going to be making the GruppeM after the group buy also?

Just curious so I can possibly make mine a more unique combination that won't be available afterwards. I like your weave better than the gruppem and I'm not getting an intake but I'd get that weave maybe if you're not going to be making it anymore.

thanks.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:22 AM   #105
clieberman

My Ride: '02 M3 SMG; 03 996TT
Dropped my deposit

Ok...I dropped my deposit for a bar for an E46 M3....hoping your fitment issues are handled on schedule.

I put my request in for a Gruppe M weave look to match the airbox we just put on.
2004 Mercedes CLK500
2002 "UBER M3" candy blue, widebody
1994 Toyota Supra TWIN TURBO, 826 RWHP
2003 Porsche 996 Turbo
1998 Diablo SV
1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R
1994 Toyota Supra TT
clieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:09 PM   #106
Cowboy Bebop

My Ride: 03-M3
Send a message via AIM to Cowboy Bebop
thanks dan, I may be in and out of contact the next few weeks so you might want to Email me to keep me in the loop on the M3 issue.

"It is Pointless, and endless trouble, to cast a stone at every dog that barks at you" - anonymous
Cowboy Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:42 PM   #107
Yellowmann
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?

My Ride: AA SC Y2K 323i
Send a message via AIM to Yellowmann
Re: Dropped my deposit

Quote:
Originally posted by clieberman
Ok...I dropped my deposit for a bar for an E46 M3....hoping your fitment issues are handled on schedule.

I put my request in for a Gruppe M weave look to match the airbox we just put on.
On the side note:
I saw the feature in 2 fast 2 furious and looks like your having a blast with all those modded rides. Im sure the next movie will have more BMW huh... look me up

Ps. the CF BFP bar will look on your ride.

Once A Yellowmann, Always A Yellowmann ...One Who Is Wise - Always Learn From Other People's Mistakes ...One Who Thinks That They Can Never Be Successful - Will Never Be Successful ...First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again ...
Yellowmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:58 PM   #108
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that if you signed up and have not paid/deposited yet, now is the time to do so.

Also, E46 M3 owners can pay/deposit. We are working on the E46 M3 application this week and next week. If for some odd reason we are unable to make the bar work, all deposits/payments would be returned - however it is known how to make the M3 kits (we just need to test it on Carl's beta M3 this/next week).

Regards,

-Dan

P.S. Go to our website in the E46 section to pay/deposit at www.benferperformance.com
Old 01-04-2004, 04:22 PM   #109
Xbox

My Ride: Pagani Zonda
Just putting my name on the list, sending payment now.
Xbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:46 PM   #110
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Hi guys, a few updates...

1) The email group buy list is being compiled today, so participants should receive an email shortly

2) I realized that I was looking at a 2003 calander when I made the dates up for the closing/payment periods. The payment period has also been extended until the 18th.

3) We are still working on the E46 M3 version. E46 M3 participants will be filled in on progress, though I don't expect the bars to go out any later than the rest.

4) The manufacturer took two weeks off during the holidays that I did not know about. They know this is high priority and will accomodate the GB window as best as they can. I will update GB participants if there is any delay.

5) I am getting to emails sent over the last day or two on the GB.

Regards,

-Dan
Old 01-11-2004, 12:21 AM   #111
FazTaz

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Would it be possible to post a picture of the bar with the stock pattern vs the pattern on the gruppe M before we choose them? That would be great, thanks!
UUC Sways, EVO3, TSE3, 3.46 Diff, BFP Front Strut, 18" CSLs
FazTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #112
ReNNeN.CaRL
Team ReNNeN

My Ride: SOLD SOLD SOLD
Send a message via ICQ to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via AIM to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via MSN to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via Yahoo to ReNNeN.CaRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFP, Inc.
Hey guys,

Just a reminder that if you signed up and have not paid/deposited yet, now is the time to do so.

Also, E46 M3 owners can pay/deposit. We are working on the E46 M3 application this week and next week. If for some odd reason we are unable to make the bar work, all deposits/payments would be returned - however it is known how to make the M3 kits (we just need to test it on Carl's beta M3 this/next week).

Regards,

-Dan

P.S. Go to our website in the E46 section to pay/deposit at www.benferperformance.com
im ready when you are Dan.
ReNNeN.CaRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:56 PM   #113
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNNeN_PiNoY
im ready when you are Dan.
Yeah, it's going to be this week fo sho.

Taz, I don't have any pictures, but the GruppeM weave is known in the CF industry as a "plain weave," and is very common in European applications. The weave in our pictures (which I prefer) is called a 2x2 3K twill weave. The plain weave bars have not been made yet - hence no picturs...

-Dan
Old 01-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #114
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

My Ride: 2002 M3
Anything new to report?

2002 M3 - Titanium Silver Metallic - BMW Performance Center Delivery
00==D
BMW E46 M3
zmaerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 01:03 PM   #115
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmaerd
Anything new to report?
Going to meet with the manufacturer today. Will give an update and put the final payment option up on the website tonight.

-Dan
Old 01-14-2004, 11:10 PM   #116
foofoo11

My Ride: 01' E46 M3
Please let us know the status on the M3...thanks
Superchip
GruppeM intake
Supersprint X-pipe
Race SSK
Brembo BBK
Ground Control
19" RG-5
foofoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:13 AM   #117
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoo11
Please let us know the status on the M3...thanks
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates... We met with the manufacturer today briefly to discuss the project, and because of the two weeks they took off on the holiday, the completion date on the bars will be pushed back a couple of weeks. I apologize for this, and will post more in detail later tonight or tomorrow.

We were up in LA today for a photo shoot with the strut brace, which also went well!

As for the M3's, we will be test fitting the bar on an M3 tomorrow night. We think it'll work out well, and we'll update as to that when we're done.

Regards,

-Dan
Old 01-20-2004, 11:09 AM   #118
clieberman

My Ride: '02 M3 SMG; 03 996TT
Any news?

Um, guys...'tomorrow night' has turned into 'next week.' Please tell me that there are updates. I have several shows coming up and would like to complete this portion of my engine bay buildup.
2004 Mercedes CLK500
2002 "UBER M3" candy blue, widebody
1994 Toyota Supra TWIN TURBO, 826 RWHP
2003 Porsche 996 Turbo
1998 Diablo SV
1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R
1994 Toyota Supra TT
clieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 01:59 PM   #119
quadrophiend
They call me Jermajesty...

My Ride: '02 Dinan 3 - KIA
Send a message via AIM to quadrophiend
I would like a little more info. too... I haven't received any e-mails from the e-mail list... am i the only one?

when should we deposit the second half of the payment? when are these items going to start shipping? it doesn't seem like your website is updated to take the second part of the payment yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
you are white, you just don't understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
It doesn't bother me because I'm white... Obviously I'm not allowed to be insulted
quadrophiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:03 PM   #120
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Dear GB participants (and post followers),

I am long overdue for a post with updates, and instead of making excuses, I will just apologize for the delay.

When we initially organized the GB and set the windows for the GB, three things happened. First, I was looking at a 2003 calendar, which really threw me off (dee-ter). Second, I didn’t know that the carbon fiber shop would be closing down for Christmas and New Years. Third, we hadn’t initially planned on GruppeM weave strut bars, so material had to be ordered (the shop had some military grade material that is meant to be painted over, but a test was done and this fabric was found to turn yellow in heat/UV. As a result, new GruppeM weave style fabric “plain weave” had to be ordered that would not turn yellow).

Because of these factors, the Group Buy ship dates have been pushed back a couple (to a few) weeks. I sincerely apologize for this.

Strut bars are currently being made, and will go out in two batches. The first half of paid customers will go out the soonest; which I expect to be two to three weeks. The second batch will go out the following week.

M3 customers; the bases are being re-engineered such that the bar fits in front of the tube in the middle of the engine. Making the bases taller imprinted the sound deadening material underneath the hood, so we are going to re-engineer the bases for perfect fitment. This shouldn’t delay the M3 bars at all, as the design has been more or less agreed upon.

The good news is that this bar will be featured in the April issue of Euro Tuner. The first production runs will have only one type of base, and will be in plain weave (not GruppeM). So not only will you guys have the first and only Carbon Fiber strut bars for the E46, those of you with the GruppeM weave and the dark or nickel plated bases have very individual (custom) strut bars.

My next project for today is to organize that GB email list to update people. I will also be changing the GB deposit to a GB final payment page on our website.

Thank you for being so patient with this GB. It has had a few unexpected bumps in the road, and we are essentially juggling both the manufacturing and sales balls.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, you can reach me at quatrobar@benferperformance.com

Regards,

Dan
www.benferperformance.com