E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2004, 04:14 PM   #121
quadrophiend
They call me Jermajesty...

My Ride: '02 Dinan 3 - KIA
Send a message via AIM to quadrophiend
Thanks for the update, Dan!

I think we are all a pretty understanding crowd in regards to these types of things... just keep us posted, and we'll keep salivating over our new CF Bars that are on the way....

I look forward to receiving the e-mails with the latest and greatest news for the bars...

-Tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
you are white, you just don't understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
It doesn't bother me because I'm white... Obviously I'm not allowed to be insulted
quadrophiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:36 PM   #122
quadrophiend

oops.. sent twice.. see below..

Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't bother me because I'm white... Obviously I'm not allowed to be insulted
Old 01-26-2004, 04:36 PM   #123
quadrophiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFP, Inc.
Dear GB participants (and post followers),

Strut bars are currently being made, and will go out in two batches. The first half of paid customers will go out the soonest; which I expect to be two to three weeks. The second batch will go out the following week.

My next project for today is to organize that GB email list to update people. I will also be changing the GB deposit to a GB final payment page on our website.
www.benferperformance.com
Dan,

I don't know if I'm the only one not receiving e-mails, or if there are no e-mails being sent.

I also checked the website, and it doesn't appear to have been updated to accept final payments...

Can you provide us with any additional updates (1 week since last post) in regards to expected shipping dates?

Thanks! And if I'm not on the list, for some reason, my e-mail is quadrophiend@yahoo.com.

Thanks again, Dan... can't wait for the bar so I gotta hassle you..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2004, 05:00 PM   #124
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S/C E39 540i
Hi Quadrophiend (and others)

Sorry for no emails. I have been having a hell of a time trying to figure out the email list program on our website's control panel, so I may just send out emails with a huge CC or BCC list manually...

I have added the final payment option on the website. I hadn't put it on there because I wanted to let people pay closer to the actual ship date (which was pushed back), but people can now send in their final payments.

We met last week with the manufacturer, and had an E46 M3 at the shop for a good 3 hours. We have a solution for the M3 mounting, and the bases are being machined now. The rest of the GB is being finished as we speak, and the bases are going to be machined later this week/early next week. The finishing process takes 7-10 days.

Regards,

-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrophiend
Dan,

I don't know if I'm the only one not receiving e-mails, or if there are no e-mails being sent.

I also checked the website, and it doesn't appear to have been updated to accept final payments...

Can you provide us with any additional updates (1 week since last post) in regards to expected shipping dates?

Thanks! And if I'm not on the list, for some reason, my e-mail is quadrophiend@yahoo.com.

Thanks again, Dan... can't wait for the bar so I gotta hassle you..
BFP, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #125
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Hi guys,

Meeting with the manufacturer late today or early tomorrow, and I will update the board with the status of the project.

Regards,

-Dan
Old 01-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #126
just_me
or is it just you?

My Ride: R32 Skyline
Are all of the group buy bars going to be ready at the same time or will it be even longer for like a 2nd group to be shipped out?

If you ever need to fly southwest and your ticket is over $350 email me BEFORE you buy your ticket.
just_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:24 PM   #127
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_me
Are all of the group buy bars going to be ready at the same time or will it be even longer for like a 2nd group to be shipped out?
Because of the delay they will go out in one shot. Again, I really apologize. The delay was unexpected, but I assure you that it will be well worth the wait.

-Dan
Old 01-30-2004, 03:09 PM   #128
sansan

My Ride: '11 Cayenne S
Send a message via AIM to sansan
Just sent in my full payment! Hope they are ready soon.
sansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 02:48 PM   #129
foofoo11

My Ride: 01' E46 M3
Any news on the M3 bars??
What's the status and what's the expected date?

Thanks
Superchip
GruppeM intake
Supersprint X-pipe
Race SSK
Brembo BBK
Ground Control
19" RG-5
foofoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #130
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Arrow Status Update!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoo11
Any news on the M3 bars??
What's the status and what's the expected date?

Thanks
Hi guys, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I met with the manufacturer Saturday to discuss the strut bars. Here is a summary update:

-Regular (non M3) owners' bars will be done in 2-3 weeks (hopefully 2). The bars themselves will be finished this week, and the week after will be spent assembling them. The bases have been sent out for welding, which is why the "3" in "2-3 weeks" exists. The sooner the welder is done, the sooner the kits will be finished.

-E46 M3 owners (this is from an email I sent today): there are two solutions for E46 M3 owners; one is to modify the base plates from the original E46 design, putting the bar further forward and up a bit from a non M3 setup in order to clear the hump in the middle of the engine. The second option is to redesign the bar and put a curve in the mold so that it looks more like the OEM/Dinan bar (though with the same overall shape as current).

We have a beta setup for both solutions, and the designers are meeting today to determine which method will be best for the E46 M3.

The result is this: If the bases are modified, then the E46 M3 owners' bars will ship at or very close to the same time as the Non E46 M3 bars. ETA on this is posted above. If the solution is that the E46 M3 bar is going to be redesigned and new molds are cut, then the E46 M3 bar would be done late March/early April in time for the Euro Tuner magazine article to come out. If this is the case, E46 M3 group buy participants will be given two options: 1) you can receive a full refund and a profuse apology for the delay since we said the bars would go out with the other E46 bars (though you would have to re-purchase the bar at full $499.95 MSRP when it's available). Or 2) You can keep your deposit as is and receive the re-designed bar at the $100.00 off discount in late March./early April.

-The bars will be shipping in cool packaging

I will know more later today after the manufacturers meet to discuss which solution would be best for the E46 M3 bars. I will also be crafting an email just to the 7 E46 M3 owners in the GB in case they don't read this.

Regards,

Dan
Old 02-02-2004, 08:47 PM   #131
bimmerman11

My Ride: 2005 330Xi
Send a message via AIM to bimmerman11
When are the non-M bars going to be shipped?

Marc
bimmerman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #132
foofoo11

My Ride: 01' E46 M3
You have email at sales@benferperformance.com...
Superchip
GruppeM intake
Supersprint X-pipe
Race SSK
Brembo BBK
Ground Control
19" RG-5
foofoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:44 AM   #133
zmaerd
OG - Mods On Hold

My Ride: 2002 M3
Your option 1 seems rather harsh considering two things. 1) It's not our fault the M3 bars were NEVER ready before offering a group buy on them. And 2) Our credit cards were charged the day we submitted the order and NOTHING has shipped yet. So basically, if we were to choose a refund becuase it still isn't ready, then later when it IS ready you want to make us pay the FULL price when you've already held our money this long? That's just not right IMHO! I am however, confused as to why you'd offer a group buy on something that hasn't even been designed and tested yet??? Also, I've STILL yet to get any kind of e-mail that you've said you were sending numerous times.

I suppose I'll just hang in there and wait on the bars to be right because I don't want something that's going to be 2nd rate. Since I've already paid for it and waited this long, I sure don't want to pay full price later.

2002 M3 - Titanium Silver Metallic - BMW Performance Center Delivery
00==D
BMW E46 M3
zmaerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:38 AM   #134
Durgesh

My Ride: 997 GT3 RS
Send a message via MSN to Durgesh
Unhappy

I quote....

1/26/2004

"The rest of the GB is being finished as we speak, and the bases are going to be machined later this week/early next week. The finishing process takes 7-10 days. "

1/26/2004 + 10 Days = 2/5/2004 <--- Suppose to be Thursday this week.

Its still going to be other 2-3 Weeks.....

I think we all have been quite understanding, but the finish date just seems to be moving further away.......

Regards,

Durgesh

EvoTechnik Mafia - The Don Diggy
997 GT3 RS - Black with Orange
forum.evotechnik.net
Durgesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #135
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Guys, you have been MORE than understanding. This has been difficult for us as well, because we created the approximate dates of shipment and delivery based on information we had at the time. We put our reputation on the line for this GB, and it has been frustrating for ME to hear from the manufacturer that the product will be delayed for xyz reason.

zmaerd, I can honestly tell you that if I knew about this M3 issue at the time we started the GB, you would have known about the delay. This started off as a "no problem" from the designer to us, and evolved into something that we could not have forseen. The options I presented were based on our arrangement with the manufacturer, and I apologize if they seem harsh. The lack of group email is because I can't figure out how to work the "mail list" feature on our website control panel, and I didn't want to make a massive "CC" email.

Durgesh, I have no excuses. I apologize for this unprofessional and unfair delay. You guys trusted us with your deposits and payments, and we haven't shipped product when promised. As the reseller of a product which we don't directly have a hand in making, our word is only as good as that of our supplier/manufacturer. In most cases we inventory a product we hold a GB on... But in this case, it was to "get in at an introductary price" on a product which was still under development with a promised date to us. The GB organization was predicated by this promise date, and I was not expecting these delays whatsoever.

We are almost there guys. Again, I apologize for this delay. If anyone wants to speak directly with me, you can email me for my phone number and we can talk real time. I will speak with the manufacturer daily on this project, visit them several times this and next week, and give the board updates every day or two. In the meantime, I would like to thank everyone who has hung in there on this GB, and I promise that you will not be disappointed with the product you receive.

Regards,

Dan

Last edited by BFP, Inc.; 02-03-2004 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:35 PM   #136
just_me
or is it just you?

My Ride: R32 Skyline
Projects never finish on time, especially the ones that start out as "no problem".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customer_service.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	66849  

If you ever need to fly southwest and your ticket is over $350 email me BEFORE you buy your ticket.
just_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:11 PM   #137
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_me
Projects never finish on time, especially the ones that start out as "no problem".
Just spoke with the manufacturer today and went down there... The M3 solution will be a baseplate solution, and they will try and have it done at the same time as the non M3 bars ship. I probably could have saved some drama by waiting to post this today instead of posing the thing about the redesign, but I wanted to keep people up to speed.

-Dan
Old 02-04-2004, 08:08 PM   #138
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Any new info, or anything I missed concerning the GruppeM looking weave? Thanks Dan.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:19 AM   #139
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
Any new info, or anything I missed concerning the GruppeM looking weave? Thanks Dan.
Met with the manufacturer today for a few hours to discuss the strut bars, and they agreed to give me a firm TBD date on Monday for the GB bars. Thanks again for holding in there guys. GruppeM weave and other options still a go (russ).

Regards,

-Dan
Old 02-07-2004, 04:04 PM   #140
RichP
Big in Japan

My Ride: Mid-engined Madness
Dan,
Sounds good; I dont mind the wait. I paid the deposit using a credit card; do I need to go back to your site to pay the remainder, or will it just automatically bill?

also, is the ETA on the GruppeM bar different than the normal CF ones?