E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2002, 02:16 AM   #1
drmirage
Believe it!!!

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to drmirage
Talking Why BMWUSA dont offer M Package

I really like the M-package on the E46. I've seen it in other countries and is there a reason why BMWUSA doens't offer them here in the US.

The M package includes:

M Front Bumpers, Side Skirts, Rear Bumper, Rear M Lip Spoiler, M 68 Wheels, M Steering Wheels and the carbon look trim. Lastly the M badge on the rear.

Package may be different in other regions, but I wish we had that.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:19 AM   #2
p0tpie

My Ride: '06 M3
can you post some pics? like the front? is it the m3 front bumper or what
Old 06-23-2002, 02:21 AM   #3
drmirage
Believe it!!!

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to drmirage
i have pics that i can take tonight when i get home... i got a catalog at home... but its for the 4dr sedan only. looks pretty tight tho...
drmirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 04:09 AM   #4
Full Time Hit Man
Banned

My Ride: E46
Send a message via AIM to Full Time Hit Man
Looks like our Canadian M Sport Package.

If you wanna see how it looks, just go to www.bmw.ca

and build a 330ci or 330cic yourself and select M sport package.

325 have M sport package as well, but without the M Technik kit. and type 68 wheels.
Full Time Hit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 08:25 AM   #5
Dirtboy
Grüne Hölle Junkie

My Ride: ESS TS2+ 330Ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Dirtboy
heh heh heh... you forgot to mention that the package includes alcantera seats, anthracite headliner, M door sills, M dead pedal, M stick shift (for 5-speed), and there isn't an M badge on the rear. I have a 2002 330ci with the package. It's really sweet, the alcantera seats are what sold me... The whole package only cost $2500 US.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:45 AM   #6
The Jake

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CiC
Think back to the E36. People spent 20k+ more for their M's, and then a bunch of punks like us go and buy a few simple mods and make our POS 330's look just like an M3. (even if the more tasteful punks didn't re-badge)

Enthusiasts cried foul. M3's should look distinctive, not share the same body panels as the other 3-series cars.

I susepect the M-package for 3 series is not avaialble for reasons along these lines. BMW went back to the distinctive M3 with the E46 body style.

(Note: I own a 330, and no I don't think its a POS. But I have respect for th M3 owners... the M3 is one helluva fine automobile. They deserve to stay out.)

Jake
The Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 09:49 AM   #7
MacHard
Drive fast, take chances

My Ride: M Packed 02 330CI
The M package is not available in the states not because "Enthusiasts cried foul" but, from what I understand, because bmwusa doesn't do built-to-order cars. The M Package is availble everywhere else on the planet.

To me, the M3 remains distinctive. The flared fenders, wider rubber and intakes on the side make it look very stylish. My 330ci doesn't have an "M" badge on the back, and it shouldn't... it's not an M.

And, beyond all of that, my M Package is missing one badge that only one package can add; the most important badge; the one on the engine block that reads: "BMW M POWER" And that badge is what distiguishes it from any "package."

MacHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 11:03 AM   #8
first323
too old for this crap

My Ride: 07 Acadia,06 4MOTION
Quote:
Originally posted by MacHard
The M package is not available in the states not because "Enthusiasts cried foul" but, from what I understand, because bmwusa doesn't do built-to-order cars. The M Package is availble everywhere else on the planet.
I don't understand what u r saying?? They don't do built to order cars?!?!....Then why can we order any option pkgs and it takes 2 - 3 months to come to the states. I don't think that is the reason.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:47 AM   #9
drewcon
Bavarian Motor Slave

My Ride: 330ci
Can we not talk about this...

it just reminds me of all the things i really wanted to get form the factory but couldnt. I tihnk its sooo frustrating that Canada gets better cars than the US, we do buy the most cars in the world, the least we could get is the hooked up versions.
drewcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 02:18 PM   #10
B
OG Moderator Extraordinaire

My Ride: 325iX-M3-525iT-M5
Send a message via AIM to B
Quote:
Originally posted by first323

I don't understand what u r saying?? They don't do built to order cars?!?!....Then why can we order any option pkgs and it takes 2 - 3 months to come to the states. I don't think that is the reason.
Not to mention the BMW Individual program!
Old 06-23-2002, 03:48 PM   #11
wkay

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by first323

Means BMWUSA severely limits the factory options that they will allow in the US. It's not a factory issue, if BM can source the rest of the world they can source the US too. Marketing 101 to get the rubes to pay more for crap they dont want and feel good about how 'exclusive' they are (like anyone else on the road could care less.., I mean do you care how 'exclusive' someone in a G35 is?).
wkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 04:01 PM   #12
valerie
M-Tech Originator

My Ride: BMWs
the version of it that will be sold here, "the Clubsport", will be available soon (will much more then $2500 i believe).

personally i'd rather mod to my taste then pay a premium for what amounts to just another factory stock configuration inside and out (and more importantly you pay for suspension that although different is still inferior to what you can add yourself - even the M cars suspension is better aftermarket)

Last edited by valerie; 06-23-2002 at 04:06 PM.
valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 05:34 PM   #13
KevinJ_2k1_325ci

My Ride: 2001 325ci
I thought the Club Sport was destined for the UK first?

I didn't know it was coming to the US also, were there some new reports of this?
KevinJ_2k1_325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 08:59 PM   #14
jtravisdavid

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to jtravisdavid
How bout some pics of that alcantara interior?!!! thanks!
jtravisdavid is offline   Reply With Quote