E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2002, 12:31 AM   #1
valerie
M-Tech Originator

My Ride: BMWs
Had to share this post re: M Performance Driving School

http://forums.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...=501226&page=1

Sounds awesome huh? But how many of you would trade $3650 in mods for it

valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:36 AM   #2
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
Wow if I was rolling in it, I'd love to try it out!
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 12:36 AM   #3
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
I'd put that $$$ elsewhere. Just me.

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 12:58 AM   #4
Peter46

This is definitely my dream course, besides skip barber!

m school seems awesom and super fun and learning!!

Yes its expensive but that price is worth every pennny to get to drive every M car and to do all those thigs with it!!

Cant wait unitil i saved up and get to go!!

i know some of us would prefer mods but this driving experience will let you appreciate those mods even better!! Plus you can definitely drive your car much better and in more control!!

M POWER!!

Peter
Old 06-24-2002, 01:22 AM   #5
Full Time Hit Man
Banned

My Ride: E46
Send a message via AIM to Full Time Hit Man
Looks very fun to me. Too bad we don't have track like that for the BMW training. IS gonna be in a old airport runway.
Full Time Hit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 02:37 AM   #6
banana330xi

My Ride: 330xi
$350 Can for racing school?

Maybe its just me but I'd rather pay $350 Canadian for a 3 day school in Mission BC. My teacher was a BMW Performance driving school teacher and we did just as much. Other than having no sprinklers on the track, we get at least 4 hours of lapping time on the track. And at least one instructor for every 2 drivers. Only thing is you drive your own car and not everyone is driving a BMW. But they teach you so much and give you so many excercises, you learn to drive so well you can avoid any accidents on the track.

The best thing is you learn to pass in the turns as well as the straights and you are qualified to get a Novice driving license afterwards. Not that I'd take my $40k car racing. Its just so nice to learn to drive your car the way it was meant to.
banana330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 06:46 AM   #7
AWay

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via AIM to AWay
I'm sure it's an awesome experience,

but for 2200 instead of 3600, the Skip Barber 3 day race school I think would be a better alternative. I don't have any first hand experience with the M school, but I'm fairly sure it's mostly a handling and agressive driving school at best. However, IMO there is nothing like the racing experience that you get from the open wheeled cars. I can't wait to go back for the 2 day advanced school.

But yeah, if you've got $3650 eating a hole in your pocket, this does sound like an entertaining time.
AWay is offline   Reply With Quote