E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2003, 11:46 PM   #1
globemaster3

My Ride: 03 330xi saph black
audio/video installer in seattle/tacoma/puyallup??

well, i finally arrived in washington state!
don't get to move into the new house for another 3 weeks or so, but while i'm waiting, i'd like to finish installing my tv tuner and dvd player in my 03 330xi...

so, does anyone know an installer in the seattle, tacoma, or puyallup area??

i've talked to some audio place and a car toys place, but neither had experience with bmw's.

please please please refer the best installer because i don't want a half-azzed install...

what needs to be done for tv tuner - everything *except* trunk mounting and wiring the R/G/B wires [i did that myself]

what needs to be done for dvd player - everything, incl. mount in glove box (will it fit?) - icon 5.1 single dvd player...

i have all required parts, even 12v power wire, 2 diversity antennas, etc...

thanks in advance for your help!
becki
globemaster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:52 PM   #2
Ron@Streeteffectz

You're a pilot, you and your husband come pick me up and I'll finish it up for you
Ron@Streeteffectz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:16 AM   #3
m3kid

My Ride: M3
man, seatle is the wrong place to be. if you want to install something, come to Vancouver Canada, more specifically, richmond. There's **** load of shops and people here drives benz , bmws, and high end cars u see everyday on the streets. If you want ur system done right, i suggest you drive urself one day for 2~3 hrs down to richmond, and have a look.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:39 AM   #4
jaheim

My Ride: 335i, 645ci, 300C
Ya ive been up in Vancouver for 3 months now because of work and they have nice custom shops. If you come up to Vancouver check out www.boyzaudio.com . Excellent work, also one of the few and only shops that are authorized to sell Focal and SAVV in Vancouver and very good prices.
jaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:37 AM   #5
globemaster3

bump!

i'm not giving up hope!
i don't want to have to drive to vancouver :<

Old 01-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #6
l MacDadz l

My Ride: 06'AW///M3
Send a message via AIM to l MacDadz l
you could try systems unlimited, i've seen there work, and its good. look them up im not sure of the number, by the way they're in bellevue.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:24 PM   #7
globemaster3

thanks for the idea, i'll look them up!
:>
Old 01-04-2004, 12:19 AM   #8
AugieMarch

My Ride: 00 323ci
I've heard many good things about Magnolia HiFi and not so good about Car Toys.

BTW, welcome to the PNW!
AugieMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #9
globemaster3

after the lecture from car toys about the legality of wanting the dvd to play on my nav screen, i decided to stay away from regular "stores" and was looking more for shops that advertise through word of mouth...
like streeteffectz type shops.
furthermore, the 1 car toys shop that i did talk to hadn't worked on new bmw's before.
same with another audio shop i went to...

i did check out magnolia hifi, and saw a sweet flat screen hdtv i want, but i didnt even bother to ask them about the tv tuner/dvd install in my car.

i'm going to try systems unlimited today (if they're open) or as soon as i can.
i'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
Old 01-04-2004, 02:36 PM   #10
AugieMarch

My Ride: 00 323ci
Quote:
Originally posted by becki
i did check out magnolia hifi, and saw a sweet flat screen hdtv i want, but i didnt even bother to ask them about the tv tuner/dvd install in my car.
Why didn't you ask? I'm sure they have worked on BMWs before, especially at the Bellevue store that deals with all the Microsoft people.
AugieMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 04:03 PM   #11
globemaster3

SCREWED

that's how i feel right now.
seattle sucks (car audio wise).

i called magnolia hifi - 2 places - bellevue and tacoma, and they both said they wont do the install, since i didn't buy the stuff from them.

there's still hope for systems unlimited, but i haven't been able to get through to them on the phone (and they're almost an hour away - so i'm not rushing to just "drive by")

i'm starting to feel pretty bad about buying the parts from ron@streeteffectz.com.

i didn't know i'd have such probs getting the shiz installed...:sad:
i really am not looking to drive to vancouver just for an install (aka 4 hrs away).
seattle sucks.

Last edited by becki; 01-04-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #12
Ron@Streeteffectz

What are you still having problems with? Just give me a buzz again at the shop on monday, I'm sure I can talk you through whatever you need to know
Ron@Streeteffectz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 12:27 AM   #13
fuschnicken
][D ][ ][V][ ][D

My Ride: Breyton 3
Send a message via AIM to fuschnicken Send a message via MSN to fuschnicken
There are a few places around the area, but finding shops that are familiar with BMW's in the NW isn't that easy. If money is no object, definitely check out Innovative Audio in Bellevue. They are near Systems Unlimited. Their work is top notch. They do mostly high end products. I got my system done at Car Stereo Plus in Lynnwood (164th). They've done several BMWs. I plan on going back to have them do some more work on my car.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:50 PM   #14
l MacDadz l

My Ride: 06'AW///M3
Send a message via AIM to l MacDadz l
very true innovative audio is top notch. however they will not install your hardware in your car. it has to be bought through them.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:53 PM   #15
jaheim

My Ride: 335i, 645ci, 300C
aww, I can make Vancouver to Seattle in 2hr 30mins. Since I moved up to Vancouver for work and school its amazed me of the quality these shops give you. And you don't need to purchase products from them for them to do an install. If you don't find anything in Seattle, check out the following stores in Vancouver. www.ralphsradio.com , www.vaderspeedandsound.com and www.boyzaudio.com and www.604motorsports.com . It won't be a waste of 3 hours, trust me.

Last edited by jaheim; 01-07-2004 at 08:55 PM.
jaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:26 AM   #16
mclaren_ken14

My Ride: E46 ///M
Send a message via ICQ to mclaren_ken14 Send a message via MSN to mclaren_ken14
Systems unlimited is way to go, I had my system installed there and they made me a custom sub enclosure at the ski boot hole between the back seats. Nicely done and highly recomment, and ya the guy is a little hard to reach from time to time but make sure you give them a call. I know that guy since he had his first little shop about 10 yrs ago and my bro and I had 3 cars done there already and always happy about their work.

and check out thier website, they even have my car there (not too much pics tho)

http://www.systems-unlimited.net/ima...M3/default.asp

Last edited by mclaren_ken14; 01-08-2004 at 02:35 AM.
mclaren_ken14 is offline   Reply With Quote