E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports ľ this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Lets hear from all the track/Autocross junkies!

If you are a fan of taking it to the track check in here!

I for one like to strip out the back seats and head over to the Autocross. Hoping to get some track time in this summer.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
malakia12

My Ride: 05 Xterra, 05 Sentra
Send a message via AIM to malakia12
i am starting to set my car up for autox
i wanted to take care of some performance mods first. now that thats done, i am starting on suspension.
in fact, what swaybars would you recommend to give the best handling? UUC, H&R, Eibach? I will probably do sways first and would like to hear the opinions of some autox'ers.
malakia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:50 PM   #3
tim330i
Owner/Admin

I have UUC and love them.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:53 PM   #4
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
we def need to get some autoX this summer tim..

i got the okaay from a friend's dad to organize couple autox tracks for the summer

hopefully it ll be fun

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:29 PM   #5
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Gettin my car geared up for the 2004 Season...we are just about done with the Slush/Winter season...
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:57 PM   #6
alken
What's Your Concept?

My Ride: Goes to eleven
to the track/autox forum idea!

thanks to Ed (teamdfl)'s coaxing, I tracked my car at an autocross - I'm hooked.

Just installed the UUC Magnesium Strutbarbarian, UUC Swaybarbarians are in my trunk, begging me to install them. I'm planning to just use my current Bridgestone All Seasons for this year's track season - I had good times on the 18" Yokohama's, though - I just don't want to rip them apart.

Planning to attend a BMWCCA driver's school this summer, also.

Next purchase - a helmet! Also waiting for a release date of this product http://www.cg-lock.com/ - looks helpful...

See you on the track!
Old 01-08-2004, 12:03 AM   #7
sfzBimmer2

My Ride: '05 Ducati Monster
I'm really excited to get started racing again. My goal is to do a driving school and an autocross every month. Whether or I or my car is capable of lasting that, I'll find out!

It all starts in February with a DE at Virginia International Raceway and a newbie autocross day. I did an autocross in November (33 degree weather!) and although I really sucked at it (couldn't control my oversteer), I was hooked!
sfzBimmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:08 AM   #8
asdspeed

My Ride: 02 m3
hey bmwerken where do you autoX ?I noticed you live in the bay area , do you belong sfr scca.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:00 AM   #9
dboffa
Like school on a Sunday...

My Ride: mezzi pubblici
Woah - new forum!
I'm hooked to autocrossing; only done 3 so far, and I can't wait until the spring to do more.
And I'm definitely hoping to get on the track.
This winter can't end soon enough.

BTW - Tim - I know you've done a lot to your car to shed some pounds. Could you give me more infor on what you've done, either here or in a PM?

Thanks.

ALPACA CLUB - 11/10/03

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is difficult to determine if they are genuine."
Abraham Lincoln
dboffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:39 AM   #10
bmwerkes
Foot 2 the floor in the 604

My Ride: is a D-Stock sleeper
Auto-X

I'm running d-stock this year, ive got some 16's w/ kuhmo victoracers to put on so i dont chew up my street tires. So far ive been running events w/ my stock 17's, so i hope the r compound 16's will be lighter and give better acceleration and traction. As for mods im running stock so I am limited to shocks, tires and cat back exhaust. One thing that can make a big difference is a good alignment. Non sport suspension guys, pick up the sport suspension from someone selling on the board, you can still run stock with oem sport suspension (not including oem tower brace)... and the sport suspension is probably worth a second over non-sport..
bmwerkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 07:30 AM   #11
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
Its been a while since I won two regional SCCA autocross championships ('97 and '98) in ESP. I thinks its time I go back to kick some SCCA @ss in DSP with my 325.

Ed

My Track Schedule

The solution to the lack of headroom in the X6

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #12
tim330i
Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by sheefo2k
we def need to get some autoX this summer tim..

i got the okaay from a friend's dad to organize couple autox tracks for the summer

hopefully it ll be fun
Yeah, i was looking on the MNautox.com forums and the AARRF.com forums as well to see what was happening. The Boston chapter CCA was so great, I miss that. From what I have seen the CCA around is not nearly as active or as competitive. I would like to find a good group of people and try to autoX with them all the time to keep me focused on it.

Quote:
Originally posted by dboffa
BTW - Tim - I know you've done a lot to your car to shed some pounds. Could you give me more infor on what you've done, either here or in a PM?
Thanks.
I removed all the sound dampening mat from my trunk and rear seat, light weight battery, no spare tire, no jack. UUC TSE1 is lighter than the stock exhaust by at least 20lbs. Nothing crazy but it added up to 120 lbs less perhaps?!?

Light weight wheels are what I would like next, but it all adds up for costs. I would really rather get an E30 325is to autoX and track but I doubt that will happen this year

Tim
Old 01-08-2004, 08:43 PM   #13
Mpower619
Apexengineering.com

My Ride: 2000 328Ci(e46)
word of advice to you all, the more mods you put on your cars the less likely you will win an autoX. Reason being is that you will be placed with the big boys and since Ive been snooping around these forums most of you look like first timers. I am not talking crap or anything just giving you guys some advice. Most of the BMW CCA members are way older then most of you and probable have 10 years experience on them so its best to run in stock trim so that you can be placed in an adequate group. As for SCCA well thats way beyond the BMW CCA league. Track driving is also way different then auto X since in auto X drifting and throttle induced oversteer is probably the best way around at the track smoothness is the key. I hope this doesn't offend anyone and I hope its helps you guys in selecting your mods. Good luck out there. and be safe......
Old 01-10-2004, 11:24 PM   #14
alken
What's Your Concept?

My Ride: Goes to eleven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower619
word of advice to you all, the more mods you put on your cars the less likely you will win an autoX. Reason being is that you will be placed with the big boys and since Ive been snooping around these forums most of you look like first timers. I am not talking crap or anything just giving you guys some advice. Most of the BMW CCA members are way older then most of you and probable have 10 years experience on them so its best to run in stock trim so that you can be placed in an adequate group. As for SCCA well thats way beyond the BMW CCA league. Track driving is also way different then auto X since in auto X drifting and throttle induced oversteer is probably the best way around at the track smoothness is the key. I hope this doesn't offend anyone and I hope its helps you guys in selecting your mods. Good luck out there. and be safe......
I plan on modding my car just enough to keep it within C class. An advantage of 323 power!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:44 PM   #15
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdspeed
hey bmwerken where do you autoX ?I noticed you live in the bay area , do you belong sfr scca.
I do belong to the SF SCCA...I have a 2001 325i and usually show up with my friend (on e46fanatics m3man) who has a replica Shelby Cobra 427...I will be there february 1st for the last slush event
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 03:23 PM   #16
Spiral Prophet
▄ber-Geek

My Ride: '01 Topaz Blue 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Spiral  Prophet
i've been doing pretty well running in DSP.. even on street tires.. this season i have a brand new set of kuhmo r compounds waiting for the first autox event.. i can't wait..

~T|/\/\
Spiral  Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:52 AM   #17
AndyZHP

My Ride: BMW
Tim,

Thanks for setting up this new forum, this is exactly what the site needed.

I am more then ready for the start of the autocross season. I plan to run the Ohio Valley Region and the Central Division races this year. Any Fanatics out there in either of these two regions?

Andy
AndyZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:57 PM   #18
Kut_Audi

My Ride: 99 Audi A4/ 02 M3
Andy....I'm from Columbus as well and plan on getting my fiance' into the autox scene this year. Hopefully we'll be out with my A4 and her in the 325ci...I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.

Andy
Kut_Audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 02:46 PM   #19
AndyZHP

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kut_Audi
Andy....I'm from Columbus as well and plan on getting my fiance' into the autox scene this year. Hopefully we'll be out with my A4 and her in the 325ci...I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.

Andy
Hi Andy!!

There's a Phase 1 & 2 Evolution autocross school in Cincinnati March 20-21. I have registered for both days. You and your fiancÚ should check it out. I hear that these schools are a lot fun and will really improve your times on the course. If you're interested let me know and maybe we could head down together.

Info on the Evolution Schools in general:
http://www.autocross.com/evolution

Info on this school in Cincinnati:
http://www.cincyscca.com/solo/2003/evo.pdf

To register online:
http://www.cincyscca.com/solo/soloschedule.htm
AndyZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 02:55 PM   #20
Kut_Audi

My Ride: 99 Audi A4/ 02 M3
Thanks for the Links. I"ll definetly check those out. I'm probably pretty rusty and definetly need some schools as it's been nearly 4 years since I've done any on-track stuff in a car. My father and I used to run PCA stuff all the time with his 944's, but I lost interest after I got into bikes...to make a long story short, the Dr. says my shoulder won't be ready for me to see track time on the bike this year so my focus has shifted back to 4 wheels for a season or 2.

I'll let you know if we get more serious about any of these events.

Andy
Kut_Audi is offline   Reply With Quote