E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2002, 11:02 AM   #21
Chupacabra

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
My car originally had the sport package on it, so it was kind of low from the start, now I'm only 2inches off the ground in the front. I've replaced my front addon 4 times in the past 1 1/2 years. And yes I drive it everyday, that's why I'm always replacing the front addon or getting it repainted ffrom chips.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:07 AM   #22
Tominizer

My Ride: none
CLEM, in talking to a few guys in the know at that deal exclusively with BMW cars, mainly one's that go on the track from what I understand, they said the coils are a waste of money unless you are going to do track time fairly seriously. Any reasons why you were thinking that you need coils........... or should have done them right off the bat???? Maybe I will wait and save. The factory sport package is not a bad street setup really for the time being.

An H&R coil package and sway package installed + setup here is roughly $3500 CAN including 5 hours of labour. That was what I was told. That's a chunk of dough to be flopping down. If you can sell your factory sport package, then there's a bit of a recoupe, but still is pricy. I guess if you bring the package up from the USA or have a CONNECTION (!), that price also does drop again.
Tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:08 AM   #23
VAFunkie

My Ride: 2000 323i SC
Send a message via AIM to VAFunkie
Re: I love every mod that I've done to mine!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chupacabra
Every mod that I have done I love. Had a few problems with the supercharger, but that because I got it from ESS in Norway. Also it takes for ever when products have to come from Germany. I'm still waiting on my Aluminum Steering Wheel and they said it could possibly take to a year to get it from Germany. Here's a link to photos of my Sedan and a list of mods:
http://www.digitaldistortion.com/16Niss_web/bmw.html
Your car looks really sweet, both exterior/interior and performance. I luv it!

Would you tell more about your problems with the SC ? I'm getting that SC soon and I'd like to know more about these problems you had. You can email me at hungkhanh@hotmail.com or post here.

thanks,

Vafunkie.
VAFunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:37 AM   #24
berman66

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Send a message via AIM to berman66
heres my mod list not much but i have some

Exterior:
M tecknik front bumper
Acs 3 piece spoiler
Acs rear addon
Tint
Hamman Eyelids
330i style chrome grill
polargs
lumiko headlight bulbs and fog light
UUC SWAYS

Interior:
titanium trim
oem titanium auto knob
acs ebreak
look alike acs pedals

Stereo:
jl stealthboxes
jl 250/1 (amp for stealthboxes)
focal 165k (being installed soon)
zapco reference 350(being installed soon)
phoenix gold basscube
berman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:43 AM   #25
vthee

My Ride: 328i
Send a message via AIM to vthee
VA,

How was installing the shark injector? easy? i was reading the install and you have to connect a battery to the car battery? what the?
vthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:50 AM   #26
VAFunkie

My Ride: 2000 323i SC
Send a message via AIM to VAFunkie
Quote:
Originally posted by vthee
VA,

How was installing the shark injector? easy? i was reading the install and you have to connect a battery to the car battery? what the?

It was rather easy. You just need to buy/borrow a battery charger. I bought mine from Sears for 40 bucks. Connect it to the car's battery and follow the instructions from the Shark.
VAFunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:54 AM   #27
IzzyWRX
Girlie

My Ride: 2004 WRX wagon
Quote:
Originally posted by Tominizer

An H&R coil package and sway package installed + setup here is roughly $3500 CAN including 5 hours of labour.
Sounds like they are ripping you off!!! Sways are around $300 US (figure 500 CDN), now not sure what coil package you are refering to, but for $1200 US you can get some awesome stuff (1920 CDN). Are they really charging $200/hour for labor?

IzzyWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 12:07 PM   #28
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

My Ride: Chikatetsu
This one is for VTHEE

Dont freak out I used to have a sedan. I just want to know how you like that UUC SSK with the Hamann knob combo. Also which Hamann is it because I have been told to get a weighted knob to reduce shift effort and I really like that Hamann leather/aluminum knob but I also like the ACS aluminum/chrome knob. Tell me what you think of your hamann because you can get those for like 114.00 from bavauto.
mcabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 01:53 PM   #29
BMW328i2000
[name here]

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
Arrow

I have hamann PG 3's 19X8.5 front and 19X10 in the rear on Pirelli P-7000's Suspension wise I'm on H&R Coilovers. Other mods are Hamann mirrors, pedal set, eyelids, and E-brake. UUC Twin Silencer Exhaust, Dinan stage 1 and 2 software, cold air intake.
Next mods will most likely be Hamann Comp spoiler and roof spoiler. UUC SSK.

Last edited by BMW328i2000; 04-18-2002 at 01:58 PM.
BMW328i2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 01:59 PM   #30
vthee

i like that combo a lot... but i'm not sure if the shift knob is weighted or not... it does take some effort to shift though.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:02 PM   #31
Clem
Alpha Male

My Ride: Twin Turbo'd Beast
Quote:
CLEM, in talking to a few guys in the know at that deal exclusively with BMW cars, mainly one's that go on the track from what I understand, they said the coils are a waste of money unless you are going to do track time fairly seriously. Any reasons why you were thinking that you need coils........... or should have done them right off the bat???? Maybe I will wait and save. The factory sport package is not a bad street setup really for the time being.

An H&R coil package and sway package installed + setup here is roughly $3500 CAN including 5 hours of labour. That was what I was told. That's a chunk of dough to be flopping down. If you can sell your factory sport package, then there's a bit of a recoupe, but still is pricy. I guess if you bring the package up from the USA or have a CONNECTION (!), that price also does drop again.
Springs are great for handling in the city but I wanted to improve on that, plus I wanted a lower drop as well. FYI: for coils AND sways plus install that's not bad, but shop around for your parts there's always a better deal to be found.
Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 02:04 PM   #32
B
OG Moderator Extraordinaire

My Ride: 325iX-M3-525iT-M5
Send a message via AIM to B
I've got a secret.... Coupes are better! :tongue:
Old 04-18-2002, 02:28 PM   #33
fuschnicken
][D ][ ][V][ ][D

My Ride: Breyton 3
Send a message via AIM to fuschnicken Send a message via MSN to fuschnicken
Quote:
Liking that Breyton front add-on. Anyone know where I can source that out???? I'm figuring it's going to be a few bucks, but that is shweeeet.
Tirerack is the exclusive Breyton distributor in North America. I ordered the kit that you are referring too. Actually, it's not as expensive as most kits out there. The only issue right now, is delivery. You're looking at 3 months for delivery. If you can wait, no worries. I've been waiting for a month already.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:37 PM   #34
vthee

actually when you think about it... BMW has had a better reputation with sport SEDANS.... and the coupe was an afterthought... for all us sedan peeps out there... enjoy the racing heritage because this is what BMW truly wanted us to experience....
Old 04-18-2002, 05:18 PM   #35
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
Here's my mod:

a. 1 inch nail in my rear passenger tire! Ouch!

b. 1 pair of e46fanatics.com stickers (2hp each).

Hehehe...j/k. I'm bare bone stock (for now). :smile: Like all your rides. Keep it up!!!

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 05:22 PM   #36
KromeX
all stock

My Ride: stock 330i
Here's mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_3444.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	529  
KromeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 05:26 PM   #37
jason330i
moderation in all things

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by B
I've got a secret.... Coupes are better! :tongue:
only the M3
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

you sir, are a
jason330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 05:37 PM   #38
Froggie

My Ride: 04 m3, 11 Genesis
Send a message via AIM to Froggie
The Froggie-Mobile....

Jawknee H&R setup......
Froggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 07:26 PM   #39
Cecil
^.^

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to Cecil Send a message via AIM to Cecil
Errr where am i?

"Nothing is permanent... except change... "
Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 07:46 PM   #40
ardi

My Ride: Breyton Sedan
I don't know what color sedan you have, but if you have silver, then my car would be a perfect example for that breyton add on kit.

Here is a link to my pic:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...p?threadid=918
ardi is offline   Reply With Quote