E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
Will Bixenon's work in a 2000?

I cant find the post but I was wondering what the problems are in putting bixenons from a face lifted sedan into a 2000 sedan thanks!

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:17 PM   #2
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Fitment is the big issue...you simply cannot retrofit them cause the are totally different housings...
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
niL
is on da floor

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via AIM to niL
are you talking about the whole comple headlight assembly housing? You will need new hood, fenders, bumper etc to fit the whole headlight assembly. Or are you talking about taking the bi-xenon projectors from inside the housing, and putting them into you pre-face lift housing?

2001 330i rebuilt from the salvage yard
From start to finish...
niL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 04:42 PM   #4
Staszek
Are we there yet??

No i wasnt going to use the headlight housing, it is a complete kit but I was going to take out the insides remount them in the housing I have for my halogens.

///M3 -6MT
Old 01-18-2004, 06:23 PM   #5
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
You still cannot do it...has to do with fitment and wiring abilities...
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #6
Staszek
Are we there yet??

Thanks that was my main concern the wiring.

///M3 -6MT
Old 01-18-2004, 08:40 PM   #7
nEVERCLEAR

My Ride: 323
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46813

That link should explain the wiring to make Bi-Xenon's work with a Halogen or Standard Xenon LCM. (about 30.00 for the parts)

This link walks you thru swapping out the Xenon projectors and insde parts of the Xenon lights into a Halogen Headlight housing.
http://www.mybimmer.net/OptimoXenonR...onRetrofit.htm
nEVERCLEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:05 PM   #8
Staszek
Are we there yet??

Thanks, so basically after reading this if I dont actually care of the bixenon part of the xenons work and I jsut want to work as regular zenons and use my halogens as Highs, I really dont have to do anything special except recode ? How can I get that done?

///M3 -6MT
Old 01-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #9
nEVERCLEAR

My Ride: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek
Thanks, so basically after reading this if I dont actually care of the bixenon part of the xenons work and I jsut want to work as regular zenons and use my halogens as Highs, I really dont have to do anything special except recode ? How can I get that done?
If you replace witht he bi xenons I don't believe the halogens in the inner light sockets will work as regular high beams. I could be wrong, but I think they only work as "Flash to Pass" not regular high beams. This could be wrong though

Most dealerships will recode for around 50.00 depending on location. I hav heard of oneor two dealerships not wanting to code for xenon. Probably just an isolated **** head for a service manager. You may or may need to recode some cars the lights will flicker due to the LCM not supplying enough juice(atleast thats my understranding of the "Flashing" issue) Also I believe all cars have the dash warning light come on indicating a burned out bulb. There are some DIY's that show how to put a resistor inline to foolt he computer into thinking that their is a regular halogen bulb. (They draw more mower than the Xenons, hence the resistor inline to fool the computer)

Good luck and searcht he forums for tons of more indepth information.
nEVERCLEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
JeromeP

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Inner pair of Halogen lights and need codes for all options

I recently purchased a 2004 that has Xenon on the outer set and Halogen on the inner pair. I put high beams on and the inner pair the Halogen never come on but the outer pair the Xenon get brighter and re-aim higher. If I pull lever back to flash as in flash to pass the inner Halogen light up as long as you keep light lever pulled back. Is this normal? I also want to get all my lights the same color. I want as close to pure white light as I can get I do not want God for bid purple (My apologies if you like this) and prefer the least amount of blue but at the same time I do not want any yellow in the light. If I could do full Xenon like my Z06 reasonable financially I would but I don't think that it is possible so with all this in mind any suggestions.

Oh on top of all of this I am looking for a list of options that can be coded in such as when I lock the car via the remote it flashes lights and maybe honks horn so I know they are locked and things that can be done with convertible roof. It is a 2004 M3 convertible.
JeromeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
Sweetness
E46 is strong with this one

My Ride: '01 325i
I don't believe fenders are necessary swaps for new headlights. Or the bumper. I'm actually postive you don't need to. I will be getting a facelifted hood, and xenons for my prefacelift...just gotta make sure you get the headlight lenses that have the straight angle sides for prefacelift corners to be mated to.
Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote