E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 06:43 PM   #1
MB ///M3

My Ride: Modded E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MB ///M3
Dinan S/C info (E46 M3)

Well good news and bad news, sort of...

Just talked to the Dinan headquarters in CA, and I asked him a few questions about their S/C production for an E46 M3. I asked him what type of power he is thinking the kit will be in the ballpark of, and he said, anywhere between 460 and 480 hp at the crank, he said their ultimate goal will be 470 hp exactly. He said it will be boosted low (defenitly below 8 lbs, probably around 5 lbs).

I then asked him price, and he said he does not have too much information about that, but depending on what is included in the kit anywhere from $12,000-$25,000. NOW... before everyone starts to flame he said the price varies on so many things (if an intercooler is in teh final product, upgraded clutch, etc) that it is nearly impossible to have a set price. I was kind of shocked when he said 25,000 and I was like "wow" and he said, "if you think of all the cars out there that are pushing over 450 hp, and reliable think about the price they push as well (modena, lambo, turbos) he then said with their upgraded differentials that you could even push anywhere from 500 - 515 hp.

I asked about reliability and he said like any kit, they do thorough testing before the product is even considered being released. He then gave me the example of how their E36 M3 supercharger was tested over 2,000 times on the dyno to tweak in perfectly and to make sure nothing was wearing terribly.

In my opinion for a reliable warranty covered 500 hp M3, I would spend $25,000, but maybe I am just crazy.
ACS Carbon Fiber Front Diffuser+Brackets+Splitters+Hamann GT-R Sideskirts+ACS Rear Diffuser+ACS Racing Wing+ACS Roof Spoiler+PSS9+Rouge Engineering SSK+Two 7" Widescreen TVs in Visors+PS2, DVD, VCR+8000k Headlight Conversion +Smoked Taillights, Sideturns Signals, Front Turn Signals+Painted Reflectors+Eisenmann Race Performance 83mm Exhaust+5% Tint In Back 35% In Front+Hardwired V1+Painted BMW Symbols+More To Come...
MB ///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.