E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports – this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
itzjonjon69

My Ride: 09 VW GTI
Send a message via AIM to itzjonjon69
Wink Mercedes DTM not using CLK this year (56K wARN!)

looky what i just found guys:

Mercedes-Benz introduced their eight DTM drivers for the 2004 season during the championship's presentation at Hamburg, Germany, on Tuesday. Together with their sporting rivals of Audi and Opel, the Mercedes-Benz DTM drivers were the leading actors of an action-packed show programme. An enthusiastic crowd of 10,000 at Hamburg's Rathausmarkt, the square in front of the city hall, and along a temporary track in the centre of the city, experienced for, the first time DTM racing atmosphere during pit stop competitions, acceleration demonstrations and driving activities. The 2004 DTM is the fifth season after the series' re-launch and will begin on 18 April at Hockenheim.

On the occasion of a press conference at the Hamburg Stock Exchange, also the DTM version of the new C-Class generation was presented to more than 200 media representatives. In 2004, the three manufacturers involved in the DTM enter race versions of their mass production four-door cars. The AMG-Mercedes C-Class has a four-litre V8 engine corresponding to the production engine which has been used in the CLK since 2000. The new C-Class as well as the technicians headed by HWA's technical director Gerhard Ungar and the team of managing director Hans-Jürgen Mattheis have undergone an intensive programme in preparation for this season.

Four drivers will race the new AMG-Mercedes C-Class in 2004: Bernd Schneider (Vodafone AMG-Mercedes, 39) won his fourth DTM title in 2003, after 1995, 2000 and 2001. In his DTM career starting 1992 he achieved 37 victories thus holding the DTM record. Christijan Albers (DaimlerChrysler Bank AMG-Mercedes, 24) won four races and kept the points battle open until the final race finishing runner-up in the championship behind Schneider. Jean Alesi (39) won twice in his second DTM season and ended up fifth overall. Gary Paffett (C-Class AMG-Mercedes, 23), the 2002 German Formula 3 Champion, joined the Rosberg team from the third race. The rookie in a 2002 car scored four championship points.

Three youngsters enter the 2004 DTM with a 2003 AMG-Mercedes CLK: Rookies Markus Winkelhock (Original-Teile AMG-Mercedes, 23) and Jarek Janis (Sonax Dark Dog AMG-Mercedes, 20) as well as Stefan Mücke (22). Stefan will participate in his third DTM season. Bernd Mayländer (33) completes the Mercedes-Benz driver line-up and will also drive a last year's CLK.

The DTM comprises again ten races. Estoril, Portugal on 2 May and Brno, Czech Republic, on 19 September are new on the calendar. The season will end on 3 October traditionally at Hockenheim. The DTM will again be broadcast live alternately by German networks ARD and ZDF.

itzjonjon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #2
itzjonjon69

BTW! Heres the new C55 AMG WATCH OUT m3er's!

C32 AMG becomes the C55 thanks to the installation of a new 5.5-liter V8 engine. With 367 hp and a five-speed automatic transmission with fingertip control, the C55 promises unparalleled performance in its class. All C-Class models get a face-lifted interior with large analog gauges and a more user-friendly automatic climate control system. Varying degrees of wood and metallic trim dress up the revised cabin while redesigned seats promise added comfort. New features include bi-xenon adaptive headlights that follow the contours of the road and an upgraded DVD navigation system with the voice activation.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:29 AM   #3
mybada

My Ride: 03 M3 SMG SOLD!
dang it... they are doing it again!
mybada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
itzjonjon69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybada
dang it... they are doing it again!
doing what?
Old 04-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #5
sfzBimmer2

My Ride: '05 Ducati Monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzJoNjOn69
doing what?
Owning BMW? Ah, j/k. I think the C55 looks great (and probably pulls like a mother), but I'd still take an M3...
sfzBimmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:25 PM   #6
PrinceE30

My Ride: 1986 325es
Quote:
BTW! Heres the new C55 AMG WATCH OUT m3er's!

C32 AMG becomes the C55 thanks to the installation of a new 5.5-liter V8 engine. With 367 hp and a five-speed automatic transmission with fingertip control, the C55 promises unparalleled performance in its class. All C-Class models get a face-lifted interior with large analog gauges and a more user-friendly automatic climate control system. Varying degrees of wood and metallic trim dress up the revised cabin while redesigned seats promise added comfort. New features include bi-xenon adaptive headlights that follow the contours of the road and an upgraded DVD navigation system with the voice activation.
This pretty much translates into a 5-speed automatic M5... What the hell is Mercedes doing? Ever since this whole Crysler thing went down the cars they are making have huge power...but really don't make much sense. I mean, what does this compete against? The S4? The M3? Or the E39 M5? And then what about the E55 AMG...

I guess they are just trying to divert people's attention away from their stellar Formula 1 reliability

-Prince
PrinceE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:58 PM   #7
sfzBimmer2

My Ride: '05 Ducati Monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceE30
I guess they are just trying to divert people's attention away from their stellar Formula 1 reliability

-Prince
sfzBimmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:35 AM   #8
FrankW

My Ride: is too loud
Send a message via AIM to FrankW
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceE30
This pretty much translates into a 5-speed automatic M5... What the hell is Mercedes doing? Ever since this whole Crysler thing went down the cars they are making have huge power...but really don't make much sense. I mean, what does this compete against? The S4? The M3? Or the E39 M5? And then what about the E55 AMG...

-Prince

C55 will compete against the B6 S4 directly. Indirectly, it's the competitor of the M3 as well. BUT sadly, once the CTS-V is put into the comparison it will probably own all three Germans with it's LS6 V8 from the Zo6 Vette.

the E39 M5 has already been owned by the W211 E55. The E60 M5 will even things out and possibily take it to the next level again.

F1 in reality has nothing to do with production cars. RARELY you see something from the F1 will make it into the production cars. Beside, that team is called Mercedes-McLaren. MB/AMG developes the engine, McLaren takes care of every other things just like BMW-William.

anyways...great pictures of the DTM cars are Audi, MB/AMG, and Opel the only three style of cars that will be in the race? damn SpeedChannel don't ever show DTM anymore...

Last edited by FrankW; 04-21-2004 at 01:39 AM.
FrankW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:37 PM   #9
sp1ke

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW
Beside, that team is called Mercedes-McLaren. MB/AMG developes the engine, McLaren takes care of every other things just like BMW-William.
Ilmore (Mercedes) make the engines for Mclarens f1 cars
see http://www.mercedes-ilmor.com/launch.html

cool pics of the dtm's

btw - I'm impressed you guys are aware if f1! I didn't think f1 had any kind of a following in the USA!?!
Old 04-23-2004, 03:11 PM   #10
FrankW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1ke
Ilmore (Mercedes) make the engines for Mclarens f1 cars
see http://www.mercedes-ilmor.com/launch.html

cool pics of the dtm's

btw - I'm impressed you guys are aware if f1! I didn't think f1 had any kind of a following in the USA!?!
F1 rules!! GO RALPH!!!

but I still watch WRC more often tho. Human+machines vs environment.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:00 PM   #11
itzjonjon69

Quote:
F1 rules!! GO RALPH!!!

but I still watch WRC more often tho. Human+machines vs environment.
NAHHHHHH im with Michael Schumacher! woohoo
Old 04-23-2004, 04:04 PM   #12
m3on20z
Sh!t Happens.

My Ride: W203 dumped on 20's
Send a message via AIM to m3on20z
I heard the C55 will not have the supercharger in it...
Old 04-23-2004, 05:08 PM   #13
BMWintoxication
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai

My Ride: Jet Black02' 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWintoxication Send a message via MSN to BMWintoxication
5 speed automatic on the 5.5L ??? what a waste...

Orz
BMWintoxication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 06:01 PM   #14
FrankW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWintoxication
5 speed automatic on the 5.5L ??? what a waste...
6-spd on the 2.5L what a waste... if you see where this is going, don't say something stupid.

Last edited by FrankW; 04-23-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:12 PM   #15
unionjack
Conceited Prick

My Ride: 997.2 C2S
Quote:
...but I still watch WRC more often tho. Human+machines vs environment.
Dude, I couldn't believe how dominant Gronholm was in New Zealand despite losing. He simply owned. Petter barely pulled that one off.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #16
BMWintoxication
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai

My Ride: Jet Black02' 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWintoxication Send a message via MSN to BMWintoxication
Quote:
6-spd on the 2.5L what a waste... if you see where this is going, don't say something stupid.
What??... I don't see where that is going? what's your concept?

Orz
BMWintoxication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:54 PM   #17
Mpower619
Apexengineering.com

My Ride: 2000 328Ci(e46)
The car looks sick. Well Mercedes has to produce a car with a V8 if it wants to race a V8 thats why they made the C55. And yes Formula One is the ****he...I guess the people who posted on this thread are the real race enthusiasts nice to see you guys come out of hidding..
Old 05-06-2004, 11:08 PM   #18
FrankW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower619
The car looks sick. Well Mercedes has to produce a car with a V8 if it wants to race a V8 thats why they made the C55. And yes Formula One is the ****he...I guess the people who posted on this thread are the real race enthusiasts nice to see you guys come out of hidding..
you're talking about the DTM, correct?

anywayz, it's sad to see only three manufacturers in the DTM series; Audi, MB, and Opel. Is there other manufacturer in the DTM? what happened to Alfa?